JohnC

Spider-Man: Far from Home (Homecoming sequel)

I'm IN.

Spoilers for Avengers 4 in that trailer though. Although the fact the film exists at all is technically an Avengers 4 spoiler, I suppose.

• Upvote 1

My bet is Mysterio is the cause of whatever it is he's fighting. He wants to be a superhero and is causing chaos in order to save the day

On 15/01/2019 at 15:33, deKay said:

I'm IN.

Spoilers for Avengers 4 in that trailer though. Although the fact the film exists at all is technically an Avengers 4 spoiler, I suppose.

Also, could this be set before Infinity War?

• Upvote 2

According to Digital Spy:

Spider-Man: Far From Home will begin only minutes after the conclusion of the Avengers: Infinity War sequel (with only two months between the two movies' releases), which will also bring the MCU's Phase Three to a close.

Parker trying to impress a senior authority figure

Somoene flirting with Aunt May

Snarky comments from "MJ".

I guess it worked the first time!

14 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Oh, well that kinda puts that theory to an end. Thanks for the spoilers Sony haha.

You didn't honestly think anyone who matters was actually dead from IW tho, did you?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, linkster said:

You didn't honestly think anyone who matters was actually dead from IW tho, did you?

Just the one, that it gives us the fate of at least. 

1 minute ago, linkster said:

The one who dies way before the end of the film? (Only seen it once, that's all I can recall)

Spoiler

Nick Fury I mean

It's more that we know they'll survive Endgame. Although I guess anyone who turned to dust in IW is safer than those that didn't.

It took me far to long to recognize that was sexy Aunt May at the start

This is Aunt May!

76100-76614-aunt-may.png

#NotMyAuntMay!

Oh, right.

I just don't see the appeal of fake outs, was always my problem with IW's ending, smacked of BvS / JL promos (big mystery about is he / isn't he alive, then he's on the fucking poster)

I am shocked that Marvel didn’t really kill 50% of it’s characters. Who could’ve predicted the cliffhanger was ultimately of no consequence and Thanos will be defeated in Part II. Unthinkable!

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

I am shocked that Marvel didn’t really kill 50% of it’s characters. Who could’ve predicted the cliffhanger was ultimately of no consequence and Thanos will be defeated in Part II. Unthinkable!

In fairness, the big question marks seem to be over the future of Downey and Evans (no doubt Iron Man and Captain America will live on in some form) and this trailer doesn't give any hint to the outcome of their stories.

It is a bit silly to say cliffhangers are of no consequence.  I mean, 99% of any cliffhanger ever is of no consequence since it is eventually resolved.  As you say, most people viewed the ending exactly as that, a cliffhanger, as opposed to the actual end of those characters. 

Just now, McCoy said:

In fairness, the big question marks seem to be over the future of Downey and Evans (no doubt Iron Man and Captain America will live on in some form) and this trailer doesn't give any hint to the outcome of their stories.

It is a bit silly to say cliffhangers are of no consequence.  I mean, 99% of any cliffhanger ever is of no consequence since it is eventually resolved.  As you say, most people viewed the ending exactly as that, a cliffhanger, as opposed to the actual end of those characters. 

Absolutely. 

Tony Stark and Steve Rodgers though? I'm betting not.

11 minutes ago, Glasgowchivas said:

Absolutely. 

Tony Stark and Steve Rodgers though? I'm betting not.

Yeah, it was a bit hard to explain but I'm guessing that the heroes of Iron Man and Captain America will be kept around but with different heroes behind the masks. But I'm expecting one or both of Stark and Rogers to be retired/killed off at the end of Infinity War. 

But this is a problem the MCU will have at some point.  They have skillfully avoided it thus far but the wait of continuity could present a problem. In fact, you could argue that simply replacing the actors but keeping the characters (ala Norton/Ruffolo) is the simplest solution to trying to explain, without becoming too bogged down in exposition, why Bucky, for example, is now maintaining the mantle of Captain America. 

8 hours ago, whizzo said:

Any source that isn't digital spy?

Why bother?

Infinity war deliberately referenced the events of homecoming. It deliberately didn’t reference the events of this. Why try to fit it in some weird out of order continuity in your head?

Bet he's in the SECOND UNIVERSE that was create at the end of Infinity War

Hopefully in number 3 he leaves the hustle and bustle of New York for a ranch out West.  Spider-Man: Home On The Range.

27 minutes ago, Mr Cochese said:

I think Endgame will be a prequel to this.

Yep. It’s been confirmed that this film begins just minutes after Endgame finishes. 

5 minutes ago, Garibaldi said:

Yep. It’s been confirmed that this film begins just minutes after Endgame finishes. 

I think he was making a joke. 

6 hours ago, Naieve said:

Bet he's in the SECOND UNIVERSE that was create at the end of Infinity War

Hopefully in number 3 he leaves the hustle and bustle of New York for a ranch out West.  Spider-Man: Home On The Range.

In the fourth, he hires an old butler and gets rich and marries Stephanie Powers and solves shit murders in Spiderman: Home is where the Hart to Hart is...