Jump to content
rllmuk
JohnC

Spider-Man: Far from Home (Homecoming sequel)

Recommended Posts

SPOILER WARNING: It's a new movie in a series of movies, so there may be references to earlier movies.

 

Not much known about the movie yet, but Tom Holland has revealed the title. At first, "accidentally" (he has a reputation for not keeping spoilers to himself, but this one did seem set up), then properly, at Ace Comic Con.

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VN1X said:

"I died" Did he just spoil Avengers Infinity Ward for me?

Is that the sequel to Infinity War? All the guys who got beat up recuperating in hospital. And with the size of the cast, they need an Infinity Ward.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, VN1X said:

thatsthejoke.jpg

You were making a joke about the sequel to infinity war being infinity ward? I don't get it. 

 

But, if it was a typo, the answer to your question is yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I'm confused: was it really necessary to post a spoiler about Infinity War in order to let us know the title of the next Spiderman film, OP? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually can we just trim the thread and get rid of the repeated spoiler? 

 

Not everyone has seen Infinity War, we don't all rush out to see movies straight away, and you don't expect to see spoilers in a thread about the sequel to a another tangentially related film.

 

Two people have been spoiled already so perhaps we can avoid spoiling it for others? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There surely comes a point, especially with huge summer blockbusters, where spoilers stop being such just due to the passage of time and an osmosis into pop culture? I've seen references to what happens to Spider-man in Infinity War everywhere at this point.

 

The Venn diagram of people who care about the title reveal of an upcoming Marvel film and those who haven't seen Infinity War can't overlap much.

  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

There surely comes a point, especially with huge summer blockbusters, where spoilers stop being such just due to the passage of time and an osmosis into pop culture? I've seen references to what happens to Spider-man in Infinity War everywhere at this point.

 

The Venn diagram of people who care about the title reveal of an upcoming Marvel film and those who haven't seen Infinity War can't overlap much.

 

I have come across no spoilers and have avoided them. 

 

I came in here to see what the news was about this film and which isn't 'about' the title of the film as you claim.

 

I didn't expect to see a major spoiler discussed for no good reason in a thread where I wouldn't have expected to see it. It's not like I've been reading the Infinity War thread. 

 

God, I remember when every fun little movie didn't have to be part of some giant marketing machine for 25 other movies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uncle Mike said:

There surely comes a point, especially with huge summer blockbusters, where spoilers stop being such just due to the passage of time and an osmosis into pop culture?

 

There is, I'd certainly apply that to stuff like what was in the box in Seven or various deaths in Harry Potter for instance. But in fairness this film has only been out for two months, it's not even been released on DVD/Blu Ray yet. I don’t think it’s exactly out of order for people to not want spoilers dropped on them from a film that recent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Smitty said:

Sorry, I'm confused: was it really necessary to post a spoiler about Infinity War in order to let us know the title of the next Spiderman film, OP? 

Probably. 

 

Most here go see the latest Disney/Marvel flick about 5 times in a single week, expect others to follow suit and immediately jump on anyone who even dares mention the tiniest of criticisms about said flicks. Fuck that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's kind of a sequel to Infinity War. They're going to be talking about it in relation to that movie mainly because it's such a weird film to market based on it coming after IW. 

 

I don't know, if I cared that much about the Marvel franchise as a whole I'd either go see Infinity War or think to stay out of later films in that series' threads. 

 

I'm normally a big stickler when it comes to spoilers but I think the ending of Infinity War could play a key part in the plot to Far From Home, so it may be worth staying out of this thread 'til then. Might be worth tagging a INFINITY WAR SPOILERS in the title just to avoid that kind of thing happening for anyone else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I think most of the fans who care enough to be bothered by spoilers will have sought it out out at the cinema quite early in its run ("five times in the first week" is a bit of an exaggeration though!), the forum rule is still as quoted below, and Infinity War hasn't left cinemas yet:

 

Quote

- In film threads please use spoilers up until the end of the theatrical run

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

 

I'm normally a big stickler when it comes to spoilers but I think the ending of Infinity War could play a key part in the plot to Far From Home, so it may be worth staying out of this thread 'til then. Might be worth tagging a INFINITY WAR SPOILERS in the title just to avoid that kind of thing happening for anyone else. 

 

Given the name, definitely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just googled Inifnity War release date and all these very recent news articles from the Express appeared with massive spoilers for  the 4th film.

 

I guess they even just make stuff up about the MCU in the same way as they do immigrants and killer storms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JohnC said:

SPOILER WARNING: It's a new movie in a series of movies, so there may be references to earlier movies.

 

 

Oh, way to be a prat about it. I saw Homecoming: there weren't any Dr Strange spoilers in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Smitty said:

 

Oh, way to be a prat about it. I saw Homecoming: there weren't any Dr Strange spoilers in it.

Threads for the other movies do sometimes reference the ones gone before. But you decide to take issue with a thread for the new Spider-Man movie referencing the previous movie that had Spider-Man in it. Just like the Homecoming thread had stuff about his Civil War appearance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Threads for the other movies do sometimes reference the ones gone before. But you decide to take issue with a thread for the new Spider-Man movie referencing the previous movie that had Spider-Man in it. Just like the Homecoming thread had stuff about his Civil War appearance.

 

I considered it a sequal to Spiderman Homecoming, not Infinity War. So I came to see the news about that.

 

All you had to do to not include a spoiler is consider that not everyone has seen Infinity War and that posting a rambling video from an actor in the film don't includes a major spoiler wasn't a necessary part of posting the title of the film.

 

Spiderman's appearance in Civil War is in its trailer. It wasn't a surprise to anyone.

 

You could have just put a spoiler in the title and the OP, but instead you choose to add make a sarcastic passive-aggressive comment too. If you don't want something, don't start something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Goose said:

I've unhidden this topic now as the trailer is due in the next day or so. It's just premiered at CCXP2018.

 

tempsnip.png

Why was it hidden?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.