Gaming accessories

So I play a lot of MMOs and the biggest issue I have is they tend to use lots of keys that take my hands away from movement controls. Your average base bar in WoW or GW2 expects you to use all the number keys for example.

I have one of these which is really good but ultimately not enough buttons (Certainly not for Guild Wars 2)

312433-logitech-g13-advanced-gameboard.j

I don't get along with lots of buttons on the side of the mouse so something like the Razer Naga was out. I found this on Amazon today and decided to order one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076Q8ZJWX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61M5T3zy09L._SY355_.jpg

When you look at it on the Amazon site it seems a nice size and is a complete blank slate.

What are your odd gaming accessories

I bought one of those fancy gaming mice last year with all the extra buttons and transformer like gubbins... I ended up getting rid as I kept pressing them by accident when I was browsing the web :lol: Couple of times I almost threw it in the bin.  Back to a true gamers mouse!

81XXEEAAaAL._SX355_.jpg

I love wacky peripherals, the one that sticks out for me most, is DK Bongos for Gamecube - not because of their obvious use in Donkey Kong, but for Nintendo making Jungle Beat - a platformer that makes use of the silly peripheral which essentially only allows 3 inputs (well, and a start button).

I so wanted the Resident Evil 4 Chain Saw controller to be good, but it wasn't, in either gamecube or ps2 form.

And on the subject of not enough buttons, the ASCII keyboard in a chopped up gamecube controller is a classic.

I guess these things became much more mainstream with Guitar Hero / Rockband, the DS version was interesting...

image.thumb.png.fbb8775f6d9db017e3c3a3c2efdb0ec4.png

Does the Virtual Boy count as an accessory? ;)

21 minutes ago, Freeman said:

I guess these things became much more mainstream with Guitar Hero / Rockband, the DS version was interesting...

Does the Virtual Boy count as an accessory? ;)

I had that band hero pad and I fucking loved it.

11 minutes ago, Naieve said:

These were the most important accessories to have for a while:

img1-25280.jpg

Ah yes, I remember those! They made a really shitty controller way less shit. It always amazed me that Sony themselves couldn't be arsed making such a simple adjustment to their own controller. PS3 era Sony was really something else.

Just now, JohnC said:

Yeah, that’s it. 

Google reveals that there's also an Xbox One version - the only real use I'd have for that is the F5 key when playing PC games. I would be very interested in a budget chatpad with just the F5 button!