rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Retroguy

Dr Sleep - Shining Sequel with Ewan McGregor, Jan 2020

26 minutes ago, Popo said:

My god, this just proves how uncanny the recasting is. My eyes saw it but my brain derped out. 

Sadly for me it stuck out like a sore thumb, can't wait for someone to do a deepfake

2 hours ago, Popo said:

My god, this just proves how uncanny the recasting is. My eyes saw it but my brain derped out. 

Brilliant. Good find. That's really well done!

We really enjoyed this. 

Spoiler

At the beginning, I was a bit put off by how unlike The Shining it was, but as the story picked up pace I liked it more for the story it was telling itself. So much so, when they went to the Overlook at the end, I was disappointed they felt the need to retread old ground. 

I agree with the people who said the doubles looked just that little bit too off. A shame, because it took me out of the film a bit. 

• Upvote 2

This felt more like a sequel to Near Dark than The Shining. It had a few cool moments. But on the whole it was just a pointless exercise. 

I just don't understand why you'd bother with a sequel when the script is inferior to a million other films out there already. This is nowhere near as interesting as Near Dark. so whats the point?

I know they're not popular here. But we did a podcast episode talking about it