rllmuk
Plissken

Football Thread 2018/19

7 minutes ago, spork said:

Imagine posting this and then your team loses to Southampton by conceding three headed goals. How elite! :lol:

Shows what happens if teams show a bit of courage and have a go. Some should take note of that.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Gotters said:

Shows what happens if teams show a bit of courage and have a go. Some should take note of that.

Or maybe it shows that your team aren't as elite and above all of the lower teams as you like to think. :sherlock:

Not really we were kicked off the park don't get me wrong we were poor but the ref let them kick us all game and there is a difference between "a bit of courage and have a go" and going out to kick and injury people. 

Like this "tackle" from Ings that is pretty much a clear a red as you will ever see. the ball is long gone and he stamps on Kos.

Ref gets that call right and it is a different game. it won't get talked about because teams are allowed to "get into" Arsenal 

8 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Booody hell. There is such a gulf in class and attitude between Liverpool and Man Utd goalkeepers. 

Wonderful goal. 

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, spork said:

Or maybe it shows that your team aren't as elite and above all of the lower teams as you like to think. :sherlock:

Odd from (as I recall) a Man U fan, it would be more of a surprise if Man U beat Liverpool than Southampton beating Arsenal such is the gulf in class and management.

2 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Odd from (as I recall) a Man U fan, it would be more of a surprise if Man U beat Liverpool than Southampton beating Arsenal such is the gulf in class and management.

What's that got to do with an entitled Arsenal fan going on about how certain teams don't deserve to be in the top division because they aren't elite enough, before his team then go and lose against a team who before they played were joint bottom with 9 points?

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, spork said:

What's that got to do with an entitled Arsenal fan going on about how certain teams don't deserve to be in the top division because they aren't elite enough, before his team then go and lose against a team who before they played were joint bottom with 9 points?

He's obviously grown tired off being made to look like a fool by Liverpool fans and instead has moved on to a team Tottenham are currently better than, United may be shit since Ferguson retired but we've still managed to win more since then than Tottenham have in the last 20+ years. 

• Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, tonymg said:

He's obviously grown tired off being made to look like a fool by Liverpool fans and instead has moved on to a team Tottenham are currently better than, United may be shit since Ferguson retired but we've still managed to win more since then than Tottenham have in the last 20+ years. 

Ehh, me and the Liverpool fans are all bezzies having a laugh (Spurs have been better than them for a decade, may end this season tho ;) ) so not not sure what your point is!? I feel sorry for Man U fans as they always used to be a great team to watch regardless of who you support, watching them play like Burnley is sad.

I do love the ‘blah blah blah we may be shit now but we used to be good’ defence, come back to me when you’ve won the FA cup as a non professional team ;) 

On the coverage I was watching, they just put up a graphic illustrating how Klopp has spent less than Mourinho over the time since he was appointed at Man Utd. What an absolute fucking fraud that man is. I mean, fine, money alone doesn't guarantee a march to the title but look at the state of Utd after two and a half seasons of his stewardship. People were posting the pre-match best-of-both-teams 11s from various pundits and, while they're obviously at least partly clickbait, you really couldn't argue with the choices of finding at most one or two places for Utd players, and even those were highly debatable.

I probably would have expected to find such spectacular decline hilarious, had you asked me a few years back, but it stopped being funny a while ago; it's all too reminiscent of the way we were being run into the ground under Hicks and Gillette.

I suppose you do have to take your hat off to the Utd management finding a worse appointment than, say, Moyles or Hodgson though.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

He was lucky to get fifth. After all he was only the top scorer in Europe, he only won the domestic treble and he was only the most elegant and exciting player with a football at his feet.  :quote:

I really like how since that Ballon d'Or farce he's jumped up a notch. 

3 goals and 2 assists tonight. Surpassed the 50 mark for 2018 too. I'm going to miss Messi so much more than Ronaldo when the pair depart from the footballing world :(

Champions League Draw! Get excited about games that aren't happening for at least two months!

Schalke v Man City

Atlético Madrid v Juventus

Manchester United v Paris Saint-Germain

Tottenham v Borussia Dortmund

Lyon v Barcelona

Roma v Porto

Ajax v Real Madrid

Liverpool v Bayern Munich

Europa League Draw! Get excited about matches that happen on Thursdays!

Viktoria Plzen v Dinamo Zagreb

Club Brugge v Red Bull Salzburg

Rapid Vienna v Internazionale

Slavia Prague v Genk

Krasnodar v Bayer Leverkusen

Zürich v Napoli

Malmö v Chelsea

Shakhtar Donetsk v Eintracht Frankfurt

Celtic v Valencia

Stade Rennais v Real Betis

Olympiakos v Dynamo Kyiv

Marítimo v Luch Vladivostok

Lazio v Sevilla

Fenerbahçe v Zenit

Sporting v Villarreal

BATE Borisov v Arsenal

Galatasaray v Benfica

One of those isn't a real tie though, I just wish it was.

The Arsenal home leg with BATE been moved to 5pm on the Weds so as not to clash with the Chelsea fixture - ground will be empty sticking KO right at the start of the London rush hour like that.

Know Arsenal fans want Weds euro football back but not that way.

Don't know if there are any Norwich fans on here, but Ryan Bennett has been the most surprisingly awesome signing for Wolves that I can ever remember.  I thought he'd be a squad filler, 6th choice centre back at best - and that was in the Championship.  He's now deservedly a Premier League regular, and he very, very rarely makes a mistake.  He's a rock at the back and I'm so pleased with this news:

Everyone knows about our links to Jorge Mendes but we've been so shrewd in the transfer market over the last couple of years - Bennett just goes to show that we're not just a lucky club with rich owners who only succeed by throwing money at things.

• Upvote 3

They are really inconsistent so if they turn up they could be an issue, Bayern have just been meh all season. Schalke are either amazing or appalling, no middle ground.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Boothjan said:

Don't know if there are any Norwich fans on here, but Ryan Bennett has been the most surprisingly awesome signing for Wolves that I can ever remember.  I thought he'd be a squad filler, 6th choice centre back at best - and that was in the Championship.  He's now deservedly a Premier League regular, and he very, very rarely makes a mistake.  He's a rock at the back and I'm so pleased with this news:

Everyone knows about our links to Jorge Mendes but we've been so shrewd in the transfer market over the last couple of years - Bennett just goes to show that we're not just a lucky club with rich owners who only succeed by throwing money at things.

I live in Norwich so follow them, apart from being Ipswich scum ( ;) ) he was great for Norwich esp for his age and there was a bit of shock that he was let go so glad he has found his feet with Wolves as he looked like a cracking player but did get lumbered with some poor Norwich sides - he would be great in the current team ironically!

• Upvote 1