Jump to content
rllmuk
Plissken

Football Thread 2018/19

Recommended Posts

As clear as his (potential?) ability is, he's not played in the champions league and it's about a tenfold return on Frankfurt's investment about 3 months ago. It makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@The Fox  Arsenal have already played in the Baku Olympic Stadium this season when they faced Qarabag in the group stages and Mkhitaryan didn't travel with the squad, he didn't travel with the Dortmund squad when they played in Azerbaijan in 2015 either. The Azerbaijani government said they will grant him a visa, which he'd probably never get if he tried to go in as a civilian, but there can be no guarantee of his safety. Not sure if there were extra tensions with Quaragag as that club was displaced by the current conflict so they have to play in Baku at the moment.  He'd have probably made peace with this situation years ago, but it's insane that he's been put into it. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were lots of rumours about Fosun getting us as high as possible before selling us for a massive profit to another custodian, but this interview from our chairman Jeff Shi should be music to the ears of all Wolves fans.

 

 

If they have no intention of leaving Wolves, the future could be beyond anything we've dreamed of.  And let's face it, 2 years ago we finished 15th in the championship.  We've just finished 7th in the Premier League whilst impressing with our football, and pretty much everything off the pitch is exciting right now.  These guys want more and want us to be THE best.  We're obviously a good few years away from that (I'm not going to be demanding we push the top 4 next season or anything!) but is that ultimate aim unrealistic when you see how far we've come, how quickly we've done it and how much resource Fosun have at their disposal?

 

When you see how many clubs suffer through unambitious owners (the likes of West Brom spring to mind) or utter charlatans (Blackburn, Bolton), we really did strike gold with Fosun.  Great times.

 

Just hope Man City finish the job tomorrow so we confirm a place in Europe next season.  Which in itself is a sentence I never thought I'd get to write.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone heard the supposedly tasteless song sang by City players about Liverpool? I've not yet heard it but some reports mention Hillsborough? 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Boothjan said:

There were lots of rumours about Fosun getting us as high as possible before selling us for a massive profit to another custodian, but this interview from our chairman Jeff Shi should be music to the ears of all Wolves fans.

 

 

If they have no intention of leaving Wolves, the future could be beyond anything we've dreamed of.  And let's face it, 2 years ago we finished 15th in the championship.  We've just finished 7th in the Premier League whilst impressing with our football, and pretty much everything off the pitch is exciting right now.  These guys want more and want us to be THE best.  We're obviously a good few years away from that (I'm not going to be demanding we push the top 4 next season or anything!) but is that ultimate aim unrealistic when you see how far we've come, how quickly we've done it and how much resource Fosun have at their disposal?

 

When you see how many clubs suffer through unambitious owners (the likes of West Brom spring to mind) or utter charlatans (Blackburn, Bolton), we really did strike gold with Fosun.  Great times.

 

Just hope Man City finish the job tomorrow so we confirm a place in Europe next season.  Which in itself is a sentence I never thought I'd get to write.

 

 

Sounds great doesn’t it, but just to let you know, if you start to displace any of the big 6 you will become disliked. If you start winning things you will become hated. 

 

This bit at the moment when you’re on the ascendency is probably as fun as it’s ever going to get as a fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dizogg said:

 

Sounds great doesn’t it, but just to let you know, if you start to displace any of the big 6 you will become disliked. If you start winning things you will become hated. 

 

This bit at the moment when you’re on the ascendency is probably as fun as it’s ever going to get as a fan.

 

Used to that. Everyone hated us in the 90s when we had loads of money but couldn't get promoted. Not helped by employing arseholes like Mark McGhee and most of our fans thinking we could buy promotion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some final day in Germany. Leverkusen back in the Champions League next year.

 

 

How much do people reckon this Havertz lad is worth? 17 goals this season and he is only 19. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Unai Emery is taking note here about the efficacy of giving your second best keeper a sentimental send off in a big and important final for your club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gotters said:

I hope Unai Emery is taking note here about the efficacy of giving your second best keeper a sentimental send off in a big and important final for your club. 

 

Gomes making a fuckup in a big game?  Surely not!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.