Football Thread 2018/19

Plissken

2 minutes ago, Plissken said:

That’s nice.

Now about the Ben Mee deliberately injuring Joe Gomez thing...

Accidental wasn't it...!

You've got that record to keep up, happy to give you a 5-0 drubbing of Liverpool next season in return!

55 minutes ago, wev said:

Did Mustafi get in?

If we continue with this alternate 'true hero' team can I put Ben Hamer forward as goalkeeper? His presence on our team sheet has been as good as a two goal lead for the opposition every time he's played. The first goalkeeper I've ever seen who actually gets smaller the closer the ball gets to him.

14 hours ago, Azrael said:

You know David Silva will go unpunished for that too. :rolleyes:

Manchester City midfielder David Silva will face no further action following what appeared to be a high tackle on Manchester United’s Andreas Pereira at Old Trafford.

Silva caught Pereira in the chest with his boot when he went up to head the ball during the second-half of City’s 2-0 win.

TV pundit Gary Neville said Silva was lucky not to be shown a red card.

However, it is understood the match officials saw the incident at the time and have ruled out any retrospective punishment.

From the BBC football live blog. How the ref saw it but thought nothing of it is beyond me.

24 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Lols, how is Mane in there, he isn’t the best striker in Liverpool let alone  miles behind Kane and Son and possibly the most wasteful striker in the league :lol:

18 goals from 80 shots (and xG of 14.39) for Mane vs 17 goals from 102 shots (and xG of 16.12) for Kane says otherwise.

Pogba in the PFA team of the year is a joke. Hazard is the most obvious alternative but there's plenty of other candidates that I'd consider over Pogba; Neves, Moutinho, Wijnaldum, Fabinho, D Silva, Sigurdsson, Son, Doucoure... loads of better options. 

And I know I'm bias but I'd perhaps have gone for Alisson over Ederson. Wan-Bissaka unlucky to not make the team, think he's probably been more consistent than TAA over the season. 

45 minutes ago, rjpageuk said:

18 goals from 80 shots (and xG of 14.39) for Mane vs 17 goals from 102 shots (and xG of 16.12) for Kane says otherwise.

Good thing about stats is you can use them to suit your cause... Kane has scored his tally in less time and with a higher goals per min - that’s before you add shots on targets and assists so yeah but yeah, one particular stat where the clearly better player has missed loads of games and had two periods back from injury is slightly worse.

Add in non prem league games and all of Kane’s stats are better...