Football Thread 2018/19

Just now, Shimmyhill said:

Wow, what a miss at the Cardiff game, Liverpool look great but should be 1-1 but then Henderson missed a sitter too I guess!

And Firmino first half. We just like making it exciting for the neutral. 

I can't believe the cheek of Paul Ince on the radio!

Saying that he could do a job as good as Ole has done the last five games.

Oh wait, he could.

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

Heck of a dive there from Salah, poor defending but @Gotters would be foaming if that was a Spurs player ;) 

Not seen it - I had the pleasure of an afternoon out in the sun watching an inept Arsenal take on Palace.

I hate all diving by the way, don’t limit myself to spurs - no surprise today to see Zaha at it constantly and Milivojevic. On top of that Guendouzi was at it too and so was an idiotic Mustafi (who got booked for a pathetic effort that still wasn't the worst thing he did in the game).

Super impressed with Wan Bissaka today, first time I’ve seen him in the flesh and he’s just a rash on whoever is near, nobody gets past.

21 minutes ago, Gotters said:

Not seen it - I had the pleasure of an afternoon out in the sun watching an inept Arsenal take on Palace.

I hate all diving by the way, don’t limit myself to spurs - no surprise today to see Zaha at it constantly and Milivojevic. On top of that Guendouzi was at it too and so was an idiotic Mustafi (who got booked for a pathetic effort that still wasn't the worst thing he did in the game).

Super impressed with Wan Bissaka today, first time I’ve seen him in the flesh and he’s just a rash on whoever is near, nobody gets past.

I know you would take my thinly veiled dig well... my LDF friends not so much, Cardiff should have had a blatant penalty and Mo probably just about deserved a penalty but it shoulda been wiped out for the theatrics - terrible dive.

Right result tho, Liverpool were class today.

1 hour ago, Gotters said:

Zaha get's the headlines, but Wan-Bissaka has been the standout this season, he's had countless world class wingers in his pocket.

We'll likely lose him in the summer for a healthy fee and whilst selling him to raise cash to build the team is probably the better option over Zaha it'll be a shame to lose such a talent.

Looking forward to having a nose at Arsenal Fans TV later!

I think playoffs will be mathematically confirmed today. Two from three of Middlesbrough, Bristol City and Derby could finish above us and knock us outside of the playoffs to 7th but Boro are currently 3-0 down, Bristol 2-0 down and Derby are drawing 0-0. Them dropping points is all we needed. 

Our final two games are Leeds away and Norwich at home. Leeds will probably beat us as they are desperate for the points and we'll have an eye on the playoffs. Norwich will probably be champions by the time we face them so it will be an end of season dead rubber.   It's looking like a very local affair against West Brom in the playoff semis. 

4 hours ago, Naysonymous said:

Lower league corner, but Villa have just set a club record 10th successive league win.  

EoQYVMT.png

From the bottom half of the table to 5th.  Nice. :)

Lower League? Get in the proper losers thread!

1 minute ago, Shimmyhill said:

Hazzard is clearly a great player but every thing had to go to him

Well that's going to happen when CHO and Kante went off injured, Add that to our inability to score in the second half and that's what you get.