rllmuk
Plissken

Football Thread 2018/19

That's the first time since 1999 that we've conceded four in a first half.

I still trust Sarri but some of these players are just so mentally weak it's unreal.

Well done Spurs. They stood up when needed.

There's only one solid PM club in London at the moment.

17 minutes ago, Shoes said:

LDF - "we're the Allies and Man City are Hitler"

Christ.... don't lump us all in with whatever that garbled nonsense was. 

• Upvote 3
  • Empathy 1

On 22/09/2018 at 20:48, Plissken said:

Ork, I wouldn’t worry about it. You weren’t the first to be on the end of that City team and you won’t be the last.

I think @Ork1927 and myself will be feeling slightly better about ourselves now.

• Upvote 2

Sending on David Silva when you're 5-0 up - that's quite a message to send to the players! Gorgeous pass from him in the build up before the sixth too - so many midfielders would've hit that out wide a little earlier, instead of seeing the opportunity in behind.

• Upvote 1

I don't have a great deal of sympathy for Sarri. He's marginalised Kante by focusing on Jorginho. Teams are now just putting a man on Jorginho and totally disrupting Chelsea as a result. Leicester did it, Bournemouth put Brooks on him and appears that if you pressurise Jorginho, he folds. 

1 hour ago, Plissken said:

I think @Ork1927 and myself will be feeling slightly better about ourselves now.

I was thinking that earlier!

Chelsea at home at the end of March looks like a guarenteeed win for us now ;-) ;-);-)

And Pep’s boys won’t get the best of Bamba twice so I reckon we will get a point at the Ethiad ;-) ;-) ;-)

Looks like the Chelsea players have almost certainly got another manager the sack then. What a gutless bunch they are. No pride at all. It’s absolutely shameful getting turned over like that regardless of how good City were. 

Watched a fair amount of random games this weekend from France and Italy. Over four games, I’ve seen four marginal goals disallowed thanks to VAR. All of them had to be rewatched five or six times before any decision could be made, and I could a strong argument that each decision was wrong. Don’t think it’s really going to bring much benefit to a lot of matches, ruling out howlers is fair enough, but goals are hard enough to come by in a lot of games as it is without coin toss decisions getting overturned.

• Upvote 1