Plissken

Football Thread 2018/19

Yeah i think they only give red cards in those situations when it is a deliberate attempt to foul the player and prevent the goal scoring opportunity. Could be wrong.

Also looks offside, Kane’s foot and the defenders foot are level but you can clearly see lane is learning forward putting him offsideD6D932B8-BB26-4B1E-B9E1-6D77DD4763DF.thumb.jpeg.37b75c5f8bca8b074c8070f84d204d83.jpeg

Kane is very clever with that pen, its not a dive but its one where he knows the goalie is coming and even positions his feet nicely, altering his stride, to ensure a nice small 2 footed base for the keeper to clear out. He could easily avoid the contact but no point in doing so in his mind when the ball has gone too far from a heavy touch to score.

2 hours ago, Gotters said:

Kane is very clever with that pen, its not a dive but its one where he knows the goalie is coming and even positions his feet nicely, altering his stride, to ensure a nice small 2 footed base for the keeper to clear out. He could easily avoid the contact but no point in doing so in his mind when the ball has gone too far from a heavy touch to score.

Baffling. Do you even play football? His touch was fine and if he avoided the keeper he would have had control to put it in the net or square it. About his feet it’s just instinct no player over thinks in that situation you don’t have time to. I don’t know why anyone would on purpose want to be wiped out to cause potential injury. 

I don't think his touch is fine, its heavy, and his feet placement don't look at all like somebody trying to get after the ball or avoid the contact

19 hours ago, humdrum said:

Also looks offside, Kane’s foot and the defenders foot are level but you can clearly see lane is learning forward putting him offsideD6D932B8-BB26-4B1E-B9E1-6D77DD4763DF.thumb.jpeg.37b75c5f8bca8b074c8070f84d204d83.jpeg

So, he is offside but VAR got it wrong? Thought it's meant to make sure the decisions given are 100% correct?

VAR lets officials make an interpretation with more time and evidence. Those interpretations can still be argued against, obv, it's not an automated Hawkeye-type situation is it. I dunno, does leaning make a player count as offside?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

Apparently if any part of the body that can score a goal is offside, yes.

You'd think they would get it right after looking at the replays.

Hawkeye view has been reviewed today or something and he was onside apparently, it’s on Sky Sports.

1 hour ago, Chewylegs said:

So, he is offside but VAR got it wrong? Thought it's meant to make sure the decisions given are 100% correct?

The Fulham penalty decision at the weekend shows that VAR gets it wrong. 

9 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

However will we live until this is resolved?

Can the Man City - Burton game be postponed?

That game is over already I suspect.

2 hours ago, Chewylegs said:

Oh really, how odd? Is that picture above photoshopped then?

No idea, I’m on mobile but can’t see ball being played so is that the frame after during or before? 

Even Poch has complained about the VAR as it took 5 mins to get resolved, it needs some work still it seems.

It's continued in that vein, City strolling to 5-0 at 57 minutes.

Burton aren't playing badly, they're just being a league one side.

By the way, paper talk seems to indicate Liverpool are looking to pay £50m for James Tarkowski.

If true, I'd drive him to Anfield myself.  Whether he wanted to go or not.

1 minute ago, Plissken said:

By the way, paper talk seems to indicate Liverpool are looking to pay £50m for James Tarkowski.

If true, I'd drive him to Anfield myself.  Whether he wanted to go or not.

Paper talk = complete bollocks.

You might as well tell us about the transfer rumours a drunk tramp you bumped into on the way home from work came up with.

After Liverpool screwed me the other day i put a bet on City to score at least twice in each half (it was a promoted bet not my idea) and it bloody came up :rolleyes: :lol:

If Welling equalise against Woking ill be very happy

27 minutes ago, dizogg said:

You might as well tell us about the transfer rumours a drunk tramp you bumped into on the way home from work came up with.

i think that might be where the Coutinho to Man Utd rumours came from.