Plissken

Football Thread 2018/19

Leeds have fallen apart in the second half. I though they were going to win comfortably after that first half performance but they’ve been terrible in this second half.

19 minutes ago, Plissken said:

I sort of want that Leeds team and Bielsa to succeed.  But that means their fans would be in the Premier League, and no-one outside Leeds wants that.

On the other hand if Derby go up we'll have to endure Lampard back in the PL. Aston Villa are truly our only hope now.

• Upvote 1

What a superb game. This is up there as one of the games of the season. I think it’s been helped by how many are on yellows, meaning they’re reluctant to tackle which has led to a half of constant attacking. 

1 minute ago, Silent Runner said:

On the other hand if Derby go up we'll have to endure Lampard back in the PL. Aston Villa are truly our only hope now.

Lampard is the lesser of two evils. 

Just now, Silent Runner said:

Terry and Villa over Lampard and Derby? I’d far prefer the latter. 

I have a rather irrational hatred of that ‘by far the greatest team the world has ever seen’ chant. Neither Derby, Ruislip or Chipping Norton FC are in any way the greatest team the country have ever seen, let alone the world. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Stopharage said:

I have a rather irrational hatred of that ‘by far the greatest team the world has ever seen’ chant. Neither Derby, Ruislip or Chipping Norton FC are in way the greatest team the country have ever seen, let alone the world. 

Well quite. It's Wolves.

• Upvote 1

Thank fuck for that, swapping places with Leeds really would've been the cherry on top of our season.

Might put Radio Leeds on and drink in some Noel Whelan.

20 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Hahahahaha

Keogh breaking forward like VVD

His part in the winner was actually heroic

I'm shaking

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Why is it not in the shape of a wolf from your badge!? 

Rather than a toilet seat from yours? ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Derby score an equaliser just before half-time. 1-1 (2-1).

Stop

1 hour ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Penalty for Derby!

Edit: 1-3! (2-3)

Doing

1 hour ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Leeds score! 2-3 (3-3).

That

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, dizogg said:

Stop

Doing

That

I like to imagine that there's a handful of people who exclusively get their score updates from Mr Do 71.

• Upvote 9

e great to see Harry Wilson get the job done with Derby County. I am hoping he has a place in the Liverpool squad for next season, along with Rhian Brewster. I think Wilson especially could unlock defences in those few games we have struggled to break a team down. He has excellent vision for a killer pass. 

• Upvote 2

"Let's play a pointless friendly straight after the end of the league season and before the Europa Final, that can't possibly have any downsides"

Chelsea midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek could miss the Europa League final after sustaining an ankle injury during a charity friendly in the USA.

"No-one could have seen this coming!"

8 hours ago, bradigor said:

e great to see Harry Wilson get the job done with Derby County. I am hoping he has a place in the Liverpool squad for next season, along with Rhian Brewster. I think Wilson especially could unlock defences in those few games we have struggled to break a team down. He has excellent vision for a killer pass. 

Cracking little player.

I really didn't give Derby a prayer last night - it's a good job they have a 10 day rest until the final as the tempo of last night's game was insane.  When (Frank Lampard's) Derby click, they're capable of some fantastic football.  Seeing Richard Keogh rampaging through the midfield before sliding an inch perfect pass to Marriott just didn't look normal to me.

The final could be a cracker.  I still think it's Villa's to lose - the pressure will be on them, but I can't see past them.  I think Villa will do it.

Villa are favourites for sure but it should be closer than the League games. Easily our most important player, Mason Mount, was missing for both and he's bang in form.

• Upvote 1

I know he's struggled with knocks in these games but how's Duane Holmes been for you generally, Timmo?

Always had bags of technical ability so everyone was rooting for him to kick on and become a regular but he really struggled with the physicality of the Championship when he was with us.

1 minute ago, Rsdio said:

I know he's struggled with knocks in these games but how's Duane Holmes been for you generally, Timmo?

Always had bags of technical ability so everyone was rooting for him to kick on and become a regular but he really struggled with the physicality of the Championship when he was with us.

He's a rough diamond. Great on the ball but his passing and shooting are below average. I like him but I can't imagine him being much more than a bench utility man.

• Upvote 1

Real Madrid have signed Luka Jovic from Eintracht Frankfurt for 52m. Seems unbelievably cheap for such a quality finisher, Would've loved to have seen him in a Chelsea shirt,

Absolutely dreading to see who we replace Hazard with if the transfer ban is overturned.

Delighted for Sunderland getting to the final but that was a shocking match!! Quite the contrast from last night.

Hope they go up - I have a lot of friends who support Sunderland and they've suffered enough recently! 

15 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

Delighted for Sunderland getting to the final but that was a shocking match!! Quite the contrast from last night.

Hope they go up - I have a lot of friends who support Sunderland and they've suffered enough recently! 

You're right. It was shocking. I'm a Portsmouth fan and I couldn't watch that drivel and turned it off just after the start of the second half. 

5 minutes ago, Coltrane said:

You're right. It was shocking. I'm a Portsmouth fan and I couldn't watch that drivel and turned it off just after the start of the second half. 

Gutted for KJ though. Top man. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Boothjan said:

Gutted for KJ though. Top man. 

Yeah, he is. He's been really good for us since he took the job and we've been knocking on the door the last couple of seasons. Just fallen a bit short though in terms of quality..even though we spent about 1/3 of this season top of the table!

• Empathy 1