Plissken

Football Thread 2018/19

8 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

You always come across so angry and put out in your posts Gotter, you need to chill a little.

Salah confirmed diver- that's harsh. He went down far too easily yesterday, but that's it. 

He fucking well hurled himself backwards and it reminded me of when the physics engine goes wrong on a Ubisoft Assassins Creed game. 1000% he was trying to con the ref into giving a penalty as Liverpool were not looking like they'd win. All players do it to some extent but how you can just shrug it off as "going down easily" is bizarre but then, you're one of the main men in the LDF so your opinions on football tend to be completely clouded. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Michael Cox reckons Sarri's Napoli side were the best passing team he's ever seen.

Openly attacking the Chelsea players seems like an unrecoverable position, and he can't be so dogmatic to not see how if the play is stodgy and confused that affects players motivation. Bielsa is showing how humility, even if maybe disingenuous, goes a long way.

nice article about Sarri, from banker to coach here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46473490

In 2003, he was given his biggest appointment to date with Sangiovannese.

Simone Calori was defender and club captain.

Maurizio arrived from the amateur leagues but already he had a reputation as a visionary and we soon saw that for ourselves.

It was football from the future. He would do tests for everything - psychological analysis, physical tests, he would take every minor details into account. For that level of the game, it was completely alien.

He knew everything about everyone. Once he told me: 'Simone, on Sunday you're going to be marking a striker who has just split up with his wife. So as soon as you get out on the pitch, say something about his wife, get inside his head!'

And then there were the superstitions. He didn't like the number 17 so if in a hotel he was given 17 as a room number he would be up and down the corridors looking for another room.

He also didn't want us to wear coloured boots. That was something he had to get used to later as he went up the divisions, but in those days he made us use varnish on ours boots to turn them black.

49 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

He fucking well hurled himself backwards and it reminded me of when the physics engine goes wrong on a Ubisoft Assassins Creed game. 1000% he was trying to con the ref into giving a penalty as Liverpool were not looking like they'd win. All players do it to some extent but how you can just shrug it off as "going down easily" is bizarre but then, you're one of the main men in the LDF so your opinions on football tend to be completely clouded. 

You are on odd mate. LDF (fucking childish name calling) from a bunch of haters.

He went down easily, how is that bizarre. He shouldnt have done it. Gotter has confirmed him as a diver.  It's one incident, i was just saying it's a bit harsh.  He's hardly up there with Ronaldo (who bizarrely everyone loved but he's a diving cheat and always has been)  I'm not gonna even bother trying to name all the players that have dived once, it would be pages and pages.

Your opinion is clouded due to your hatred.

• Empathy 1

I like Salah, but yesterday was a terrible attempt to con the referee. I think even Salah knew it the moment he did it too, as he didn’t claim and tried to play on, but he did fling himself initially. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

To be fair he was getting shot at :o 

Those different angles make his one dive look like loads of different ones! 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Chewylegs said:

You are on odd mate. LDF (fucking childish name calling) from a bunch of haters.

He went down easily, how is that bizarre. He shouldnt have done it. Gotter has confirmed him as a diver.  It's one incident, i was just saying it's a bit harsh.  He's hardly up there with Ronaldo (who bizarrely everyone loved but he's a diving cheat and always has been)  I'm not gonna even bother trying to name all the players that have dived once, it would be pages and pages.

Whenever I critique Liverpool, you neg. I can see other posts that you neg as I can see them. You neg a lot of anti-Liverpool posts. Why you bring Ronaldo into the discussion..... who knows. 

36 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

I also only hate one team

Hide contents

. Blackburn Rovers.

Bet you loved it when Dalglish was at the helm

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Chewylegs said:

You're off your fucking trolley if you think that's the only dive Salah has done.

• Upvote 5

I'll be honest, I don't really care that he dived yesterday. I reckon there's way more instances of him being fouled, staying on his feet and then getting fuck all for it, than instances where he's dived. He has pulled a couple of bait ones, though, and not just this season. And I'd prefer it if he didn't dive... So I guess I do care. 

• Empathy 1

I'm going to post something no one else gives a fuck about, but why not?

My man Makoto Hasebe returned to the Frankfurt 11 this week and once again put in a commanding display as they ran out 3-1 winners. He has had a few injury layoffs over the past 2 seasons averaging 23/34 games in the league with each layoff coinciding with a severe drop in form for Frankfurt. 

Anyway, he was a CAM in Japan, told hed never play professional because he was too weak. Moved to Wolfsburg and won the league first season. 

Then moved to CDM due to his ability to read the game, admittedly ahead of much lesser Japanese defensive players. After a few years in that role he's now a centre back and one of the best in Germany, and he's only 5'10. 

Last season Frankfurt won the DFB Pokal, beating Bayern in the final. Hasebe was naturally the main CB, orchestrating the defence with his experience. 

He was also named asian player of the year last year, ahead of Son of spurs and rightly so. 

For me, he's one of the most underrated players in the world. He's not world class or anything, but he's a great player and has got better and better with age. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, neoELITE said:

Whenever I critique Liverpool, you neg. I can see other posts that you neg as I can see them. You neg a lot of anti-Liverpool posts. Why you bring Ronaldo into the discussion..... who knows. 

Isn't that what the neg button is for? Bloke talks shit, neg them. Bloke talks sense, up vote. 'Critique' Liverpool:lol:

1 hour ago, The Fox said:

You're off your fucking trolley if you think that's the only dive Salah has done.

Na you are right, he's gone down easily a few times....especially recently.