Wonder Woman 1984

Not as good as the first by far but worth watching. Entertaining enough but felt a little bit too long, maybe some more editing could have cut it down a bit. Better than Suicide, Batman Vs and def Justice League. This should have come out before JL and I think they need to reset the lot and come up with fresh things, getting bored of the Snidey verse. Too much woeful crap and below average stories.

20 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Not as good as the first by far but worth watching. Entertaining enough but felt a little bit too long, maybe some more editing could have cut it down a bit. Better than Suicide, Batman Vs and def Justice League. This should have come out before JL and I think they need to reset the lot and come up with fresh things, getting bored of the Snidey verse. Too much woeful crap and below average stories.

I have to point out that, in my opinion, and the opinion of everybody I know who has seen the four films in question, that WW84 is much, much worse than Suicide Squad, BvS and JL. Please don't take this as an insult, but for me, to insinuate otherwise is at a level where Twitter would have to come in and hide your tweet for spreading fake news!

1 hour ago, Stigweard said:

I thought this was a weird thing to do, thinking surely you only had another 20 mins or so left....then I checked and its 2.5hrs long :facepalm: 

I honestly found it unwatchable but managed to convince everyone that I needed to go to bed as I have work today. It feels like an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Does WW  or Steve not care about the poor bloke whose body he stole? The premise/ moral of the story is essentially Aladdin, the action and special effects are terrible, and for a movie about Wonder Woman she isn’t really in it very much. Plus the whole Kristen Wiig “omg I’m beautiful now I’ve taken off my glasses” is a cliche so tired that it’s barely been seen since the 80s. Was that the point? Idk

kristen wiig did look banging though, god damn

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

And apparently Washington is full of rapists.

That floored me. The script is utterly dire.

Spoiler

From the moment Steve Trevor appeared I was waiting for them to have a conversation concerned with the moral ramifications of taking over this other guy's body. Then she rapes him. Then later in the movie the creep in the park gets his comeuppance from one of our antagonists and I thought "OK,  here's where the hero has a moment of self reflection and learns a lesson. Odd choice, but let's see how it plays out." Then nothing. The guy who was body snatched/magically roofied and raped by Diana turns up for a happy ending moment. What the fuck is that smile on her face at the end? "I've touched your dick!"

It made for a distraction on a weird Christmas, but it's up there with the worst DC movies.

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

And apparently Washington is full of rapists.

I think that's because Barbara:

Spoiler

Wishes to be 'sexy' and get a lot of attention. Therefore gets both positive and negative sexual attention. 

A decent enough plot point, badly explained I think. 

Which sort of sums up the whole film. I'm not sure why Warners keep thinking directors are automatically gonna make good script writers, and get handed the keys to BOTH kingdoms.

That said, it could have been saved in the edit. Slash 30 mins of pointless exposition and repeated scenes (Max with his son, I'm staring at you) and at least it would have shifted by a bit better. 

I can’t believe how long this is!

i had to pause it after some laughably terrible special effects

Spoiler

Rescuing the kids playing football in the desert road from being run over

And was a bit shocked to find it had been on for an hour and twenty minutes with very little happening. it needs a good hour cut.

plus some of the effects. Ouch.

Im also trying to remember 

Spoiler

Could she fly in the later time wise dc movies?

35 minutes ago, BigShimmeryWall said:

So there's a bit with her

Hide contents

learning to fly

and a whole thing with

Hide contents

her having a suit of armour with big fuck-off wings

AND THEY AREN'T IN ANY WAY CONNECTED?

Or have any real consiqence.

The movie physics in here is baffling, I'm not one of those pedants moaning about movie mistakes on a youtube channel, but trying to get the audience to accept that scraping 6-year olds along the asphalt at 80mph counts as saving them from getting hurt because you rolled on top of them was a bit much.

Well I'm the outlier then. Preferred some of that to the first film. 

I like silly magic in the DC universe and it's just comic book fun. 

Very weird seeing your companies former head office standing in for Max Lords building. I've walked through those doors and that marble lobby with the pillars. Very weird Indeed. 

12 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Well I'm the outlier then. Preferred some of that to the first film. 

I like silly magic in the DC universe and it's just comic book fun. 

Very weird seeing your companies former head office standing in for Max Lords building. I've walked through those doors and that marble lobby with the pillars. Very weird Indeed. 

I'm all for fun and weird comic stuff if the script, story and effects aren't shit.

10 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

10 hours ago, drmick said:

I have to point out that, in my opinion, and the opinion of everybody I know who has seen the four films in question, that WW84 is much, much worse than Suicide Squad, BvS and JL. Please don't take this as an insult, but for me, to insinuate otherwise is at a level where Twitter would have to come in and hide your tweet for spreading fake news!

I've seen far worse films. Suicide Squad, BvS and JL spring to mind!

2 hours ago, Nick R said:

Those who are outside the US and have seen it: how did you watch it?

Cinema? Pirated copy? VPN into a US HBO Max account?

At the cinema, this day last week. My daughter is still complaining about how bad it was!

What a confused mess of a movie.

Spoiler

I lolled at her just going 'Oh it's okay I can get us out of this scrape because I learned to cast an invisibility spell at some point offscreen'. That bit just about summed up the entire dumb script.

Spoiler

The more I think about it the more I question why the fuck did they even decide to bring in the weird rapey Quantum Leap body possession element in the first place? It's about a divine genie stone, just say it magicked him back to life and leave it at that.

33 minutes ago, Harsin said:
  Hide contents

The more I think about it why the fuck did they even decide to bring in the weird rapey Quantumn Leap body possession element in the first place? It's about a divine genie stone, just say it magicked him back to life and leave it at that.

They had so much time to save that in the edit. Unless it's an honest to goodness "go down in flames" artistic statement. Maybe that was the point? It's played up so explicitly that it almost has to be? Maybe she's the next big bad.