A Plague Tale: Innocence - Mud, Medievalism and Many Rats

Cosmic_Guru

I suppose it’s the presumption from most people (myself included) that it was English-speaking people doing ‘allo ‘allo accents, rather than native French speakers. Almost all games are best played with their native voice acting IMO. 

7 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Not the release version of Ghost of Tsushima, as it didn’t have Japanese lip sync.

Western dev innit, so not technically the native voice acting.

This was described to me by a friend months ago and it sounded hilariously bad. Mental rats, crackpot Clergy, a whiney child and a fucking SLINGSHOT?!! 🤣 oh how I laughed!!

Im 9 chapters in now following the PS Plus release and it’s utterly captivating. I’m not sure if the PS5 version had a visuals boost but it looks and feels spectacular. I’ve issued several apologies to my friend whom I laughed at because this really is a great game. Not an ounce of fat, a very emotional story if it grabs you and some surprisingly exciting and ruthless gameplay. The stealth is not ground breaking but the rules are clear and consistent so that in itself is something a lot of stealth mechanics in games fail to achieve.

Cant wait to get back in and really looking forward to seeing what they do with the sequel.

• 1 month later...

I’m enjoying this more and more the further I get in the game, currently on about Chapter IX or X. It’s a really nice looking game and the recent S|X patch adds some nice features such as (I think) ray tracing, the reflections are really cool anyway however they are achieved, lovely use of lighting and shadow too, it just lends the whole thing a really earthy atmosphere that is in fitting with the time and place it’s set. 

I really like what Asobo Studio have got going on, obviously the sim side with Flight Simulator and then this, and the next game should be something pretty special if they build on what they already have. Could end up being one of MS’s most important studios.