IGNORED

Maneater - Game of the Show E3 2018

Nespresso

I'm enjoying the game but I'm stuck.

I'm a teen shark and I have nothing else to do. Need to progress to Adult but I have done every available mission and side mission and still nothing. 

So I finished this 100% 

Really enjoyed my time with it. Was fun and not overcomplicated, which I like these days. It's not often I can focus on one game and finish it within days. 

Although I am annoyed that 2 achievements didn't track. 

First game I’ve platinumed for a long time. Thoroughly enjoyed myself. 

There’s not many games out there quite like it, and although it is repetitive, the constant upgrades kept me going all the way to the end. Your shark looks so cool at the end of the game - I opted for the bone armour. 

• 1 month later...

The PC version is down to £12.99 at CDKeys at the moment, which felt like the right time to dive in. It's a nice game to swim around in, and whilst combat seems to involve a lot of flailing around so far it's been entertaining just swimming around seeing the sights. Plus, my 6yo loves eating turtles. And people.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I picked this up in the sale for series X/S. 

Like others have said it’s a really nice game for just mindlessly mootching about eating fish and discovering things.  The gameplay mechanic is fine though the Hunter combat is a little annoying (laser dodge laser dodge) and it’s not always obvious what you should be doing next. 

But about half way through and it’s palet cleansing mindless fun with a nice feeling shark mechanic. 

On 04/04/2021 at 12:51, Yiggy said:

I picked this up in the sale for series X/S. 

Like others have said it’s a really nice game for just mindlessly mootching about eating fish and discovering things.  The gameplay mechanic is fine though the Hunter combat is a little annoying (laser dodge laser dodge) and it’s not always obvious what you should be doing next. 

But about half way through and it’s palet cleansing mindless fun with a nice feeling shark mechanic. 

I've smashed the shit out of this over the past 5 days. First long form game I've got 1000GP and totally cleaned up in ages. Took about 15 hours to do everything. 

I really enjoyed it and I feel its been a bit overlooked because the cover is pretty terrible and it got middling reviews. 

It looks amazing in HDR, particularly the NEON underground bits and the sense of moving, finding stuff and progression is nice. The combat and missions get a bit samey but the fun of smashing the crap out of everything over-rode that for me. 

Also had me belly laughing in a few places where I'm jumping around on land trying to eat people. 

18 hours ago, Jerec said:

Made it to Mega and just enjoying getting 100% on all the areas.

With the exception of the annoying narrator, this game is superb.

I really liked the narrator!

4 hours ago, Jerec said:

Hes not worth the hassle.

Is he the same twonk from Burnout?

I thought that at the time, and had to look him up to see if he was DJ Atomica. But no.