Jump to content
rllmuk
Omizzay

Trials Rising

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Omizzay said:

I downloaded the beta late and only played a few hours last night.  Yeah it looks a lot like the successor to Evo that we wanted last time, so I'm very happy with my PS4 pre-order.

 

@Meatball and @Dark Soldier - I'm looking forward to try and battle for the top spot with you guys.  I suggest a few weeks after the game launches, and once we've rinsed all the available tracks, we do a custom track of the week tournament like we did at the beginning of the Fusion days.

 

I'm in! I'll even chuck a prize in and count myself out of the running :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so at first I gave the Switch version a bit of a "hmmm" after coming across a couple of fog heavy levels but having spent a good bit of time on it now I think it actually plays perfectly well (buttons or triggers are just fine by me).

 

Don't get me wrong, having had a play of it last night on my OneX that's certainly the version that I'll be going for (it really does look a whole lot cleaner) but with the cross platform leaderboards I think I may well double dip and get the switch one too so that when I'm out and about with time to kill (ironically at Enduro race meetings) I can have a go at bettering some of my PBs / moving up the ladder.

 

Great game IMO (second only to Geometry Wars in the "Just one more go" chart for me) and I can't remember who it was that said it earlier but yeah, for me too this is exactly what I wanted instead of what we got with Fusion :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the years I've gotten pretty jaded about all these videos of super skilled people doing insane things. But that still managed to amaze me :blink2:.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Dark Soldier said:

And as a send off to Trials Fusion, someone has clear a Ninja 7 track with 0 faults. No Ninja 7 had been cleared before. For those who don't know, Ninja tracks, those above Extremes, have levels from 0 through to 8 (an 8 has been passed, never 0 faulted). In this track, any red platform is backwheel only, touch it with any other part of the bike and its an instant fault. Insane level of skill:

 

 

 

I watched it with my own eyes but I still don’t see how that’s possible :o 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just made my way to bed after making top 1000 on the extreme track on the beta, quite happy with my skill. Then I watched that and my mind is blown.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn’t do that ninja track if both wheels were allowed to touch the floor.

 

what also struck me was how the physics engine was being exploited, I always thought of this as quite grounded in reality but that shows it not to be the case.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gotters said:

I couldn’t do that ninja track if both wheels were allowed to touch the floor.

 

what also struck me was how the physics engine was being exploited, I always thought of this as quite grounded in reality but that shows it not to be the case.

 

Yes, that aspect is disappointing but that happens with all simulations. On reflection, I realised that a decent chunk of the extreme track on the beta is done rear wheel only. The first jump is, then the next incline is also rear wheel. The double ramp over the fire pit can be done 2 wheel but is better rear wheel only. The last 2 barrel obstacles are best done rear wheel only too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

I have had a quick blast on the Switch, handheld mode and it’s very playable IMO but not tried it docked.

 

Yeah, I thought it ran pretty well! Thankfully (sort of), I’ve never played one before so I don’t have a frame of reference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BeeJay said:

 

Yes, that aspect is disappointing but that happens with all simulations. On reflection, I realised that a decent chunk of the extreme track on the beta is done rear wheel only. The first jump is, then the next incline is also rear wheel. The double ramp over the fire pit can be done 2 wheel but is better rear wheel only. The last 2 barrel obstacles are best done rear wheel only too.

 

Pretty much the entire game is best done back wheel only tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen that Ubi are saying that it's got cross platform leaderboards which is great news and from what I can gather (seems pretty clear but then I could well be wrong!) for me to view the times of PS owners on my Xbox, both of us have to be members of the Ubi club and I have to send them a friends request through my Ubi Club page. 

 

Am I right there or have I got it a bit wrong? only I'd like to get a decent sized leaderboard list going so I've got a good few times and ghosts to go up against :).

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/02/2019 at 14:18, Mr Majestyk said:

Nabbed the gold edition on Xbox for £25 from base.com

 

Ps4 and switch also available

 

https://www.base.com/Games/Trials-Rising-Gold-PS4/TRLRISPS4/product.htm?1=1&awc=2694_1550931428_68273418c34a9b1ec108548e3e6c5bf0

 

Good price, but this is one game you definitely want installed forever. €40 for the Gold edition from PSN store, anyone seen it cheaper than that?

 

https://store.playstation.com/en-cy/product/EP0001-CUSA09435_00-TWTGOLDPREORDER0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Gotters said:

I couldn’t do that ninja track if both wheels were allowed to touch the floor.

 

what also struck me was how the physics engine was being exploited, I always thought of this as quite grounded in reality but that shows it not to be the case.

 

His vertical climbs see the bike reacting in no way how it reacts while I’m doing things. I wonder what combo of leaning and acceleration he’s using!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

 

His vertical climbs see the bike reacting in no way how it reacts while I’m doing things. I wonder what combo of leaning and acceleration he’s using!

 

My guy seems to lean all the way forward or all the way back. I assume most of those vertical sections are done mostly with incredible right-trigger control?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its throttle control really, you can control the lean of the bike at minute levels with insane technique. Take the video below from a player who most see to have the best throttle control:

 

 

Obviously its a different style and type of technique to speedrun compared to Ninja levels. One of the top PS4 speedrunners, Kunta, can  'only' do level 3/4 Ninjas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dark Soldier said:

No you're exactly right there.

 

My Ubi tag is Dorksirjur, feel free to add.

 

Thanks and thanks again as I've added you :).

 

If anyone would like to add me (please do, D.S seems to know a lot about Trails so I suspect my times will be smashed !!) then my Ubi Club id thingy is LaughingAsass1n 

 

Is there perhaps a Ubi Club member list on the forum (I did do a quick search but couldn't find one)? If not then would it perhaps be an idea to make a list of club / forum names on the first page of this thread?

 

If that can't be done then how about people just add their details below so as to build up an in thread list. Trials is an awesome game but (IMO) having friends ghosts and a good few times to go at takes it to another level :)

 

Forum Name                                   Ubi Club Name

 

Womble9                                         LaughingAsass1n 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Don Rosco said:

 

Good price, but this is one game you definitely want installed forever. €40 for the Gold edition from PSN store, anyone seen it cheaper than that?

 

https://store.playstation.com/en-cy/product/EP0001-CUSA09435_00-TWTGOLDPREORDER0

 

It was £30 for the Gold edition this evening. Load times seem longer than the beta which is odd. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

13 hours ago, womble9 said:

 

Thanks and thanks again as I've added you :).

 

If anyone would like to add me (please do, D.S seems to know a lot about Trails so I suspect my times will be smashed !!) then my Ubi Club id thingy is LaughingAsass1n 

 

Is there perhaps a Ubi Club member list on the forum (I did do a quick search but couldn't find one)? If not then would it perhaps be an idea to make a list of club / forum names on the first page of this thread?

 

If that can't be done then how about people just add their details below so as to build up an in thread list. Trials is an awesome game but (IMO) having friends ghosts and a good few times to go at takes it to another level :)

 

Forum Name                                   Ubi Club Name

 

Womble9                                         LaughingAsass1n 

Don Wiskerando                             DonWiskerando

Meatball                                           meatball46

 

 

 

On 24/02/2019 at 08:04, Omizzay said:

I downloaded the beta late and only played a few hours last night.  Yeah it looks a lot like the successor to Evo that we wanted last time, so I'm very happy with my PS4 pre-order.

 

@Meatball and @Dark Soldier - I'm looking forward to try and battle for the top spot with you guys.  I suggest a few weeks after the game launches, and once we've rinsed all the available tracks, we do a custom track of the week tournament like we did at the beginning of the Fusion days.

 

Obviously I'll be up for that ^_^ 

Just make sure to add me as a Ubisoft U Play friend as I'm going XB1 this time. Tried the beta on PS4 too, but it's X enhanced and also I prefer the bit more active/detailed rumble vibration feedback through the XB1 controller with its vibraty triggers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My UBI name is revrof, and I'm quite average at Trials.  Mid-table at best.  Can't wait.

 

When's this actually out?


Edit: Oh shit!  It's out today!

 

Edit edit: Ubi names are case sensitive, apparently.  Like things were in the olden days.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Meatball said:

Womble9                                         LaughingAsass1n 

Don Wiskerando                             DonWiskerando

 

@womble9 @Don Wiskerando- For some reason I couldn't find either of you two on the UBI club thing.  It let me add Meatball just fine.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, catinthehat said:

 

@womble9 @Don Wiskerando- For some reason I couldn't find either of you two on the UBI club thing.  It let me add Meatball just fine.

 

 

Yeah, I couldn't find them either.  I added meatball and dark soldier just fine.  I'm Omizzay on there btw.

 

I will add a Ubi Club Name section to the OP.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

13 minutes ago, catinthehat said:

My UBI name is Revrof, and I'm quite average at Trials.  Mid-table at best.  Can't wait.

 

When's this actually out?

 

 

It's out right now :).

 

11 minutes ago, catinthehat said:

 

@womble9 @Don Wiskerando- For some reason I couldn't find either of you two on the UBI club thing.  It let me add Meatball just fine.

 

 

 

That's a bit odd as both Meatball and DonWiskerando managed to add me and I managed to add DarkSoldier yesterday. That said I also just went to add you (good to see that Mb46 and DS are smashing this as I type :)!!) and it says it can't find you either........

 

2058442531_Annotation2019-02-26103132.thumb.jpg.71516ecbac5f4c4ec17c68cd38efc66d.jpg 

 

You didn't perhaps cut and paste my name and find it popping a space in front of it did you as that screws up the search? 

 

 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, womble9 said:

That's a bit odd as both Meatball and DonWiskerando managed to add me and I managed to add DarkSoldier yesterday. That said I also just went to add you (good to see that Mb46 and DS are smashing this as I type :)!!) and it says it can't find you either........

 

2058442531_Annotation2019-02-26103132.thumb.jpg.71516ecbac5f4c4ec17c68cd38efc66d.jpg 

 

You didn't perhaps cut and paste my name and find it popping a space in front of it did you as that screws up the search?  

 

I think their system is a teensy bit flakey.  It seems to work if I type them in, but not if I copy/paste.  Mine's all lowercase, by the way - sorry, I did originally post it with a capital R.

 

Edit: managed to add you all now.  Woo!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Omizzay said:

Yeah, I couldn't find them either.  I added meatball and dark soldier just fine.  I'm Omizzay on there btw.

 

I will add a Ubi Club Name section to the OP.

 

Odd as it's let me add you!! :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.