rllmuk
Omizzay

Trials Rising

Just put in a couple hours, all Golds, a couple Platinums and one top 30 global score.

Some different tracks to the closed beta and its absolutely fucking glorious.

Plats are harder to get it would appear and then the Titanium medals above 'em are where the real bastard test is.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Dark Soldier said:

Some different tracks to the closed beta and its absolutely fucking glorious.

Great to hear.  :D

What's so good about it?  What sets it apart from the other games?

5 minutes ago, catinthehat said:

Great to hear.  :D

What's so good about it?  What sets it apart from the other games?

It feels like a return to Evo, after the misstep that was Fusion. The aesthetic is more varied, the available lines on the tracks feel more fun and fluid, especially the speed lines, and the bikes have that flexibility and control that Evo nailed so perfectly.

Still the same old shitty skill games, but there's new challenges with better rewards etc.

I'm not aware if its a new engine or not, but it felt dated on Fusion so they've either got rid of some bloat for this or it is a brand new engine as its a big step-up graphically in places. There's a certain track that is very visually impressive.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dark Soldier said:

It feels like a return to Evo,

Damnit.  I'd almost convinced myself not to get this, as I really didn't get on with Fusion.

Evo and HD are two of my most played games of all time, though.

Damnit again.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, catinthehat said:

Damnit.  I'd almost convinced myself not to get this, as I really didn't get on with Fusion.

Evo and HD are two of my most played games of all time, though.

Damnit again.

Remember that feeling after a few hours with Fusion where you thought 'yeah its alright but something just feels off'?

This feels like a true sequel to Evo from the get go. The handling is perfect, and fuck ups feel like your own rather than tyre glitches etc.

Yes, this feels much more like the sequel to Evo that should have been. It feels like more of what made HD and Evo so great. I love the inclusion of more barrels. Trials riding needs more barrels and this has them. I'm not happy about all the persistent levelling up and crate unlocks being thrown in your face every race but I can live with it. Not sure if fusion did this, but I like the mechanic where it adds 5 seconds to your time every time you screw up.

Yeah, when I played the beta on PS4 the whole user experience outside of the core game was just terrible.  I really don't care what emotes or clothes my rider has unlocked.  It's all nonsense.  Hopefully all of that crap will be pretty transparent if you want it to be.  The only front end I need is a list of tracks.

16 minutes ago, Dark Soldier said:

They're not wrong. I gleefully downloaded the Beta this lunch time and the amount of fogging on the two levels I played was bonkers. It's like it's been set on the day after bonfire night :unsure:.

Not had chance to try it yet, so is they any indication in this beta of how the cross platform leaderboards will work? If you can favourite or follow specific people for example?

Its XB1X “Enhanced” so I’m tempted to go with that, but it’d be a shame to miss out on bringing back some old leaderboards battles from playing Fusion on PS4. 

3 hours ago, Meatball said:

Not had chance to try it yet, so is they any indication in this beta of how the cross platform leaderboards will work? If you can favourite or follow specific people for example?

Its XB1X “Enhanced” so I’m tempted to go with that, but it’d be a shame to miss out on bringing back some old leaderboards battles from playing Fusion on PS4. 

Mate we've gotta go in hard on a track again like we did a few years back on Fusion, that was a fun battle for a few days.

• Upvote 2

I doubt anyone actually wants the Switch version at this point, but if you do and also want analogue triggers, you can use the Gamecube controller. 

I'm sure all of about ten people will be making use of that option.

• Upvote 1

I downloaded the Switch version it actually plays pretty well. I thought the fogginess was part of the look they were going for, LOL. Though with the combo of that, 30fps, and no triggers, you couldn't really recommend it as first choice.

On 21/02/2019 at 22:40, Dark Soldier said:

Mate we've gotta go in hard on a track again like we did a few years back on Fusion, that was a fun battle for a few days.

Looking forwards to it :D

In answer to my own question for how cross platform leaderboards for friends on other formats will work it seems it's all done through needing a Ubisoft account and adding friends through that who then should show up in the game's leaderboard. As usual I'm meatball46 add me please, thanks.

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000019085/Add-more-Uplay-friends

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1999625-Dev-Diary-4-Cross-Platform

This week, we’re going to be taking a closer look at a topic that’s on the tip of everyone’s lips, cross platforms features! In Trials Rising, many things will be shared across platforms, and in this article, we’re going break down what exactly this means. 

Leaderboards
Trials has always been about competition, and with Trials Rising, this is no different. Leaderboards were where the competition began and now with Rising that competition will be bigger than ever before. In Trials Rising you will see times set by players across all platforms. Now, you’ll be able see how you stack up against every Trials player around the globe. Watch their replays, play against their ghosts and uncover new rivalries!

Track Central
The iconic Track Central will once again be getting the cross platform treatment. Tracks from Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will be available to all players. Performance between these platforms can vary and that may impact the experience playing tracks created on different platforms.

Gear Store
Missed out on our Customization & Sharing articles? The Gear Store is where you can go to browse new gear for your bike and rider, including customizations made by other players. Just like Track Central the Gear Store will feature customizations made by players on all platforms.

Player Profile
As you progress through Trials Rising, your accomplishments, stats, custom content and your bike and rider’s appearance will all be stored on your Player Profile. Of course this article is about cross-platform features so we would not be bringing it up if the profile wasn’t also cross-platform. In Trials Rising you will be able to visit your friends (or rivals) Player Profile and see their latest progress regardless of which platform they play on.

Ubisoft Account
In order to push cross-platform features further than we have in the past a Ubisoft Account will be required to access online features on all platforms. In Trials Fusion we were unable to display usernames across platforms and had to use a generic name, FusionShared, as the creator profile for tracks shared cross-platform. By using Ubisoft Accounts we can ensure that in Trials Rising proper usernames can be displayed on creations, leaderboard entries & profiles on all platforms. Browsing the Gear Store or Track Central and stumble across something that catches your eye, now you’ll be able see who created what regardless of which platform they’re on.

That said, not all us have linked our Ubisoft Account to our consoles account. There’s multiple way’s to do this and you can find out more by reading one of our dedicated FAQs.

That about wraps things up for the Trials Rising Development Diary series. We’re only 1 week away from launch and we can’t wait for all of you to get your hands on the game. Be sure to try it out early this weekend, February 21-25 for our Open Beta and come next Tuesday, we’ll see you on the leaderboards.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Nequests said:

I doubt anyone actually wants the Switch version at this point, but if you do and also want analogue triggers, you can use the Gamecube controller. 

I'm sure all of about ten people will be making use of that option.

How do I use a GC controller on my switch. I have loads of GC controllers sitting around.

I’ve got one, works perfectly. I don’t use it that often tbh, between the official adaptor cable and the controller cable there’s more than enough from the TV to the sofa.

Though you can use it with the switch in handheld/tabletop mode, which you can’t do with the wired adaptor.

Never played it before and had a go on the switch last night. Nothing to compare it to obviously but it’s playable and I started to get to grips with the throttle on the stick.

the frame rate didn’t seem a huge issue to me, again it’s new to me.

I downloaded the beta late and only played a few hours last night.  Yeah it looks a lot like the successor to Evo that we wanted last time, so I'm very happy with my PS4 pre-order.

@Meatball and @Dark Soldier - I'm looking forward to try and battle for the top spot with you guys.  I suggest a few weeks after the game launches, and once we've rinsed all the available tracks, we do a custom track of the week tournament like we did at the beginning of the Fusion days.

• Upvote 2

I'm not sure what they've done with the physics models but playing through the extreme level many, many times, I'm convinced that it is the best this game has ever been. Weight control on landing seems more important than ever, with much more opportunity for using bodyweight and acceleration to pull up on to platforms. The subtlety in the controls means that the barrel sections toward the end are a joy.

Does this have cross platform leaderboards? Or even cross platform saves?

Was going to get the Switch version but it sounds pretty bad. Wondered about getting the PS4 version for now then getting the Switch version either when it’s on sale or fixed (hopefully) but would be nice to share progress across the two versions. 

6 minutes ago, Bushtopher said:

Does this have cross platform leaderboards? Or even cross platform saves?

Was going to get the Switch version but it sounds pretty bad. Wondered about getting the PS4 version for now then getting the Switch version either when it’s on sale or fixed (hopefully) but would be nice to share progress across the two versions. 

Um, just a few posts up: 

• Upvote 1