rllmuk
Omizzay

Trials Rising

3 hours ago, superstarbeejay said:

it doesn't surprise me that going through their online system was much slower than using twitter. But yes, same issue.

I had no option (other than the phone number) as their online form just came up with an error every time I tried to use it.

This guy's runs are on another level.  Basically, you have to keep your rear wheel to the ground most of the times for those super fast times.  The skate park run is particularly impressive.

• Upvote 3

He's smooth as, fair play. Classyfication is the God of Trials speedrunning currently, this is the most impressive speedrun I've ever seen (5 second lead over 2nd global on one of the longest, most complex technique tracks out there):

That skip at 55 seconds is insanely freaking hard :D

Majority of the Fusion WR runs are here:

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1058842-Official-Fusion-World-Record-Thread

• Upvote 4

Woo! Only a month to go now til this is due out (26th Feb)

I was debating which format to get it, but they've said leaderboards and track sharing will be cross platform (with some restrictions for Switch) so at least that'll be good for the competition.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-01-21-trials-risings-track-editor-creations-will-be-cross-platform

46 minutes ago, Sane said:

If there's no difference in performance then Switch all the way! 

I would love to go Switch for the portability factor, but lack of analogue triggers control will probably persuade me to go PS4 instead.

Can't wait!  Probably my most anticipated game of this year and the one I will probably sink in the most hours on.

9 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

I would love a portable version of this, but like @Omizzaysays the lack of analogue triggers is a bit of a bummer. I don't even know how well the game would control without them.

I'd say personally, that analogue triggers are critical to the game. At the higher difficulties, it is all about analogue accelerator control.

I'm as big an 'everything is better on Switch' fan as there is, but even I see the lack of analogue triggers as ruinous on this, I can live with the visual downgrade, but these have always lived and died by the controls.

Pretty I read it elsewhere before and those chaps in that vid I posted mention that there's none of the FMX tricking from Fusion in Rising now, so that should free up the right stick for the possibility of using it for analogue accelerator maybe :unsure:

I just loaded up Fusion for a quick try using the A and X face buttons instead of the triggers. I tried a few Hard stages and got through them OK...

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/meatball46/video/67986911

It's not as easy, but I imagine with practice while you might not be matching the times of players on the other systems you can probably do pretty decent. Extreme tracks would be another matter though, I wouldn't fancy trying them without analogue controls.

2 hours ago, Meatball said:

It's not as easy, but I imagine with practice while you might not be matching the times of players on the other systems you can probably do pretty decent. Extreme tracks would be another matter though, I wouldn't fancy trying them without analogue controls.

It'll be fucking shit and you know it. Wasn't that someone's sig on here once, now I think about it?

7 hours ago, Meatball said:

Pretty I read it elsewhere before and those chaps in that vid I posted mention that there's none of the FMX tricking from Fusion in Rising now, so that should free up the right stick for the possibility of using it for analogue accelerator maybe :unsure:

I just loaded up Fusion for a quick try using the A and X face buttons instead of the triggers. I tried a few Hard stages and got through them OK...

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/meatball46/video/67986911

Best player I know of Trials (Woodfeller) uses the face buttons rather than triggers. Smashes my times by .5 - 1 sec on the regular.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Dark Soldier said:

Best player I know of Trials (Woodfeller) uses the face buttons rather than triggers. Smashes my times by .5 - 1 sec on the regular.

Yeah, I guess you're bound to get some freakishly skilled players who can still dominate with just the pad's face buttons, kind of like how there's folk out there who despite having major physical disabilities have adapted and are playing games using those custom controllers and still doing great, kicking ass against able bodied players.

But I'd think for the majority of players we'd not be as good on it as when we using the triggers.

Also it’s just much more satisfying having analogue control over the throttle  and brake as you would in real life. Going at a consistent half-throttle up an incline is much better than tapping your way up like it’s 1989. 

10 hours ago, Omizzay said:

Right analogue stick controls confirmed for Switch. Might be tempted now

That's arguably a worse option than digital control. Instantly feathering between brake/throttle on a stick? Good luck with that. Worst bit is when he says "it controls reeeeeeally good" whilst playing a simple level really fucking badly because of them. Undoubtedly some people will get used to it - and a small number of savants can do some amazing stuff even with digital control - but for most people it's not going to be the best way to play. The identical controls are a good reason as to why Trials never released on Vita.

More impressions in this video...Squirrels are back!!!  :D 

I've gone ahead and pre-ordered the Digital Gold edition of Trials Rising on the PS4.  Might pick up the Switch version once it's on sale, but PS4 will be my main Trials machine.  

1 hour ago, The Mighty Ash said:

The open beta is live. Switch performance is lousy apparently.

Seems ok for me so far,  the only issue is it takes a second to load in at the start of a track.