rllmuk
Omizzay

Trials Rising

6 hours ago, Dark Soldier said:

So someone's gone into the files on the PC beta and realised you can just unlock all the tracks as they're included in the Beta build but locked off :lol:

Where might one have read about this? Asking for a friend...

Four codes going here too if anyone’s looking. @Omizzay did you get sorted?

I’m getting the easy track fail bug too, but I’m not too fussed as I rinsed all the tracks in the technical trial. At least I think so - I presume there’s no extra tracks in the beta?

Can't get past the On The Edge head to head competition.  Keeps telling me contract failed even though I'm winning everytime.

It happened the first time, so I deleted save date and started over and still had that problem.  Is there a fix?

I'm on PS4 btw.

2 hours ago, Omizzay said:

Can't get past the On The Edge head to head competition.  Keeps telling me contract failed even though I'm winning everytime.

It happened the first time, so I deleted save date and started over and still had that problem.  Is there a fix?

I'm on PS4 btw.

Im the same. Still can’t progress :(

There is a potential fix, but doesn't work for me. Disconnect your internet before going into the race, works for some.

I can't play it again now until the beta finishes but hit three alright times on the first three tracks if anybody wants to challenge. Just pissed that my time on the first track was a second better in the stress test :lol:

On the Ubi forums some people have success with deleting the save and then disabling their network connection after launching the game. Some have also had success with removing and re-downloading the game. Both are more effort than I’m willing to put in, so it’s gone. Hopefully the public beta will be more stable.

11 hours ago, klargon said:

On the Ubi forums some people have success with deleting the save and then disabling their network connection after launching the game. Some have also had success with removing and re-downloading the game. Both are more effort than I’m willing to put in, so it’s gone. Hopefully the public beta will be more stable.

I did exactly what is described above and it worked for me. It only took about 15 minutes and it was well worth the extra effort.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Dark Soldier said:

There is a potential fix, but doesn't work for me. Disconnect your internet before going into the race, works for some.

I can't play it again now until the beta finishes but hit three alright times on the first three tracks if anybody wants to challenge. Just pissed that my time on the first track was a second better in the stress test :lol:

Just made you sulk in the background there :)

tD1DWeZ.jpg

• Upvote 1

Anyways from the first few tracks as well as some additional tracks I saw on YouTube, it looks like the natural successor to Evo that I wanted.  So I'm really happy about that and can't wait to get into some proper time trials early next year with you lot.

But seriously, how could they fuck up this beta so badly.  I mean - the glitch that happens in the first contract should've been updated and fixed within hours of it being reported.  The COD Blackout private beta has been updated numerous times since it came out, so I'm sure it couldn't have been that hard for Redlynx.  I'm quite angry as this is probably on my top 3 most wanted list of 2019.   Hopefully, the final game will be glitch-free.

• Upvote 1

It does worry me a bit that they've not put out a fix. Back when Trials Frontier (the mobile game) came out and I'd got really far through it, the only thing I could do to progress was the races against player ghosts (much like these contracts). Can't remember if they would insta fail or if it was something else, but basically it was impossible to carry on. I reported it and never heard anything. Left it for about a year, reinstalled and it still had the same issue. Tried again yesterday, about 4 years since release, it magically works again :/

I'm not even sure if the same team developed Frontier, but it's crap to see the same kinds of problems in races like this.

It's never spoiled the fun but their games have always been pretty janky really. Screen tearing, stuttering, textures loading in way too late, laggy menus, occasional dodgy physics (eg. your tyres glitching into the floor on some landings) etc. It's weird how unpolished even their finished products have continued to be despite being bought out by Ubisoft.

Absolutely, and I can't look past all of that stuff. But not progression blockers where the answer is to redownload the games, start from scratch and cross your fingers it never happens again.

In the case I mentioned with Frontier, it seemed like no one else was suffering the same issue. In a way I'm glad that the contracts problem appears so wide spread which should mean it gets looked at as a priority before release. 

Oh yeah, that's on a different level of course, just musing that the technical side of things doesn't seem to be a strength of the studio. You'd have thought with a formula that's been set in stone for years, sales success and increasingly large budgets the games would be a bit more slick by now but they always seem to come out a bit ropey in exactly the same ways.

This is such a horrible bloated mess. It takes ages to get from one track to the next, skipping through all of the needless crap they’ve thrown at it, and waiting for ages for the tracks to load just because they’re so full of pointless background animations and effects. 

Had high hopes that they would have learned something from the last game, but it seems to have gone entirely in the wrong direction for me. 

I’m out. Until day 1 when I’ll buy it and play it religiously. FML. 

• Upvote 2

Yeah, agree about the between race stuff. I’ve no idea what any of the screens or units mean on the menu system or pre-race screens. All I care about is picking s track and the requirements for medals. I’m just mindlessly pressing A to get on the bike as quickly as possible. 

Now that the closed beta is over, and I needed my Trials fix, I loaded up Evo Gold Edition for the first time in forever. God it's good, and replaying the old HD tracks that are in it is great. They really need to look back at Evo as far as menus and load times are concerned - you can be in and out of races crazy quick (playing on PC) compared to all the fluff in Rising.

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, FozZ said:

Now that the closed beta is over, and I needed my Trials fix, I loaded up Evo Gold Edition for the first time in forever. God it's good, and replaying the old HD tracks that are in it is great. They really need to look back at Evo as far as menus and load times are concerned - you can be in and out of races crazy quick (playing on PC) compared to all the fluff in Rising.

It's over? What a pain. I've just managed to recover my Ubisoft account after days of battling with their customer services. The only reason I did this was to give the beta a go!

Just now, superstarbeejay said:

It's over? What a pain. I've just managed to recover my Ubisoft account after days of battling with their customer services. The only reason I did this was to give the beta a go!

I'd lost my access due to formatting my phone and forgetting to deactivate 2FA. 15mins after messaging their support on twitter it was sorted. Shame you had that experience and missed out. Hopefully there will be an open beta soon. 

Just now, FozZ said:

I'd lost my access due to formatting my phone and forgetting to deactivate 2FA. 15mins after messaging their support on twitter it was sorted. Shame you had that experience and missed out. Hopefully there will be an open beta soon. 

it doesn't surprise me that going through their online system was much slower than using twitter. But yes, same issue.