rllmuk
Omizzay

Trials Rising

5 minutes ago, FozZ said:

Was just coming to ask if all the second contract ones auto fail for other people. I think that's their way of stopping us playing any further. 

People in here have said they have played hard and extreme tracks. This is my 3rd easy track and I can’t progress

3 minutes ago, FozZ said:

I'd assumed that with the massive watermark and it being closed beta there'd be rules against streaming and pics? 

He's a well known established streamer, Ubi/RedLynx have given him the okay. He's been advertising the stream for weeks. He speedruns Fusion.

8 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

People in here have said they have played hard and extreme tracks. This is my 3rd easy track and I can’t progress

Oh sorry. In which case this has happened to me further down the line. Levelling up will open harder tracks but obviously of its stopping you playing any that sounds like a bug. 

Same with me. I wasn't in any other test, first played today. I'm level 20 and on Lynx World I have a contract where in the description it says you must choose to ride on a Squid, but there's no bike choice and it fails as soon as I set off. Also one on Hard Hat Zone where it says Catch up with MaNieAk and get 25s of airtime; this also fails immediately.

I'm assuming I have all the available levels to play as I've completed the Extreme course, but still annoying I can't complete everything that's there.

It seems people are reporting the same on the official forums. So far folk have had success by clearing the cache on XB1, and on PC deleting everything in MyDocuments\TrialsWorldTour\SavedGames\[profileID]\CacheStorage 

No suggestion of how to fix it on PS4 though :(

Same here.  I replayed quite a few of the tracks, but couldn't get anything beyond the Easy tracks to open up so far (PS4).

Hopefully they'll get some patches out during the beta so we can move forwards.  The Easy tracks are a bit rubbish, if I'm honest.

Same problem on the same easy track (Xbox) meaning I can't play much. It feels decent up to that point though, but there are quite a few places where I just seem to catch and dead stop on the occasional jump landing that needs ironing out. The default ghost setting really needs toning down too, I just keep losing my rider in the mess (at least that's optionable I see, will have a look). And, as usual, is there much point using anything other than the 3rd bike? Always seems a bit superfluous in Trials games to have the others at all once you get into it. Anyone tried the Tandem yet? That looks like it could be fun! 

Just now, stefcha said:

Always seems a bit superfluous in Trials games to have the others at all once you get into it. 

Don't agree with that.  I think in pretty much all the previous Trials games I've been able to shave precious seconds off Easy track times with the earlier bikes, as long as the track is relatively smooth. 

The third bike is definitely the default choice for Medium and up, though.

2 minutes ago, catinthehat said:

Don't agree with that.  I think in pretty much all the previous Trials games I've been able to shave precious seconds off Easy track times with the earlier bikes, as long as the track is relatively smooth. 

The third bike is definitely the default choice for Medium and up, though.

Well yeah, but who plays the easy levels once you've aced them ;)  Actually, given that's all I can play at the moment I guess it's me :) It's more that as you play through the games there's rarely any track variety that suits one bike over another to the point where I don't see why bother introducing different bikes in the first place - may as well get you used to using what you'll be needing throughout, plus everyone would be on the same playing field with respect to a pure TT setup which ultimately it's what it's all about.

1 minute ago, stefcha said:

Well yeah, but who plays the easy levels once you've aced them ;)  Actually, given that's all I can play at the moment I guess it's me :)

Heh, welcome to the "stuck on Easy" club!

I tend to ping-pong back and forwards with a few mates on some tracks, taking it in turns to beat each others times.  Trying to find an extra half a second on a "30 second" Easy track can easily last me an entire evening, and bike choice will be crucial.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Dark Soldier said:

Can't get on until tomorrow evening, then I'll come gunning for meatball like the old days :hug:

Yeah, it’s not that good really mate, wouldn’t bother with it if I were you :P

You guys on PS4 (XB1 too perhaps?) if you’ve only got a couple of tracks available and are stuck on them have you tried deleting the save file and starting again, see if that helps anything? Not much lost if you’ve only played a couple of levels. 

My game file seems to have auto updated itself from the technical test version the other week into the beta version and as suggested in their email I deleted my save file from that and I’ve been lucky with no issues here. 

For the bikes I never never bother with the weedy first one, going straight for the big engined beast which I mostly will use for everything up to medium cause the tracks tend to be fast and flowing. Hard and Extreme where you need the extra agility I’ll switch up to the third bike. 

4 hours ago, catinthehat said:

Heh, welcome to the "stuck on Easy" club!

I tend to ping-pong back and forwards with a few mates on some tracks, taking it in turns to beat each others times.  Trying to find an extra half a second on a "30 second" Easy track can easily last me an entire evening, and bike choice will be crucial.

Another one here too, am beating the vs but get failed at the same point - cache clear hasn't done anything