Omizzay

Trials Rising

I just redeemed the code and it said I'd get an email giving me access for the ps4 one and to check the beta section of the ubi account page if I dont get the email.  I've had no email and the beta section of my account says I have no active betas.  Any ideas?

35 minutes ago, sdmilne said:

I just redeemed the code and it said I'd get an email giving me access for the ps4 one and to check the beta section of the ubi account page if I dont get the email.  I've had no email and the beta section of my account says I have no active betas.  Any ideas?

You redeem the code on your console and it just downloads 

15 minutes ago, andygt said:

You redeem the code on your console and it just downloads 

The same one you put into the ubisoft website?  If so, where do you do it?  I tried it on the redeem code section of the PSN Store but it says its invalid. 

32 minutes ago, DUKENUKEM2UK said:

Will take you up on 1 of  codes if you still have them  which format are they for ?

Any format, I think. I'll DM you.

(edit - it is definitely any format: PC, Xbox or PS4)

12 minutes ago, andygt said:

I didn’t put anything in on the Ubi website after I’d registered, just put the code in on the store. Maybe double check the code is entered correctly?

Definitely entered it correctly and on the Beta page on the Ubisoft site it says I'm registered and approved on PS4.  Don't suppose anybody has another code I could try?  Would be VERY much appreciated!

20 hours ago, womble9 said:

Code got for Xbox version (which TBH I don't even remember asking for but hey ho!) so please add me guys :).

Ooops forgot to ask if i could be added to the list too please.

Womble9   LaughingAssasin 

Yeah, same impression here. Feels like the sequel to Evolution I wanted.

Even the music is tolerable by usual Trials standards though I'll still be turning it off since these games are always perfect for having your own tunes on in the background.

My only slight concern is that you seem to have to grind the sponsorship objectives to progress, unless I'm missing something. I could see that potentially being a bit annoying depending on how much emphasis is placed on it later.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, FozZ said:

Started this in my lunch break. Seems great so far :) Feels like a proper Trials game after Fusion left me pretty cold.

4 minutes ago, Rsdio said:

Yeah, same impression here. Feels like the sequel to Evolution I wanted.

That's just what I wanted to hear.  Can't wait to get stuck into this tonight.

4 minutes ago, Rsdio said:

My only slight concern is that you seem to have to grind the sponsorship objectives to progress, unless I'm missing something. I could see that potentially being a bit annoying depending on how much emphasis is placed on it later.

I know what you mean, but even in HD and Evo, I just blasted through all the tracks as fast as I possibly could so I could then spend time perfecting runs on whatever I wanted to so I doubt it'll bother me too much.

16 minutes ago, FozZ said:

I know what you mean, but even in HD and Evo, I just blasted through all the tracks as fast as I possibly could so I could then spend time perfecting runs on whatever I wanted to so I doubt it'll bother me too much.

That's what I mean though, I do things exactly the same way but had to return to previously finished tracks to complete sponsorship objectives for XP in order to unlock the next continent despite getting golds on everything and completing all the objectives along the way. Normally I'd bomb through the game at least far enough to unlock platinums, then go back and try to refine the runs. The way it is here your progress seems gated more by XP than track completion so that won't be possible without some degree of repetition.

Obviously it's not a game breaker or anything, it just feels a bit unnecessary. It means that everyone can unlock all the tracks without having to be able to beat the previous ones, which is good, but having to grind even having done everything up to that point seems a bit 'off' somehow and makes you wonder how much extra 'Do five front flips!' type stuff you'll be doing to unlock tracks towards the end.

As I say though, I could be missing something and talking out of my arse.

@Rsdio Ah, I get ya. I guess we'll just have to see it as practise for future runs. I do think there is some merit in giving players another reason to replay levels once you've "completed" one. Personally I'd prefer the second set of objectives appeared once you'd finished each series - e.g. complete all races on the easy levels, medium levels are then available if you just want to plow ahead, but you can also revisit all the easy ones with additional objectives.

Dunno if there's a nice way to give feedback on the beta, but that would be my first comment after what little time I've spent with it so far.

I'll still buy it anyway.

3 hours ago, Eighthours said:

How much game is there in the beta?

Seems to be one Beginner level, four Easy, five Medium, three Hard and one Extreme. Plus a skill game and a couple of X-Cross / Supercross stadium tracks. Some contract challenges in the levels to do some front/backflips, wheelies, etc. You earn coins as you play and can win/buy crates with gear/stickers to customise your rider.

Not tried it yet but there's a multiplayer bit in there.  

The ghosts of other riders on their bikes you race against can be annoying/distracting, I hope there's options to turn them down/off :hmm:

10 minutes ago, Meatball said:

The ghosts of other riders on their bikes you race against can be annoying/distracting, I hope there's options to turn them down/off :hmm:

Yeah, I've had a few faults due to that. Seems especially bad at some of the darker points in stages.

Urgh. Just had a celebration effect get stuck on screen. Didn't matter what screen I went to, even in new races, I had a giant lens flare covering the screen and a constant confetti effect playing. Had to kill the app and reload. 

3 hours ago, Meatball said:

Check the options :P

Just beat the Extreme track. Holy crap, now that's a Trials course. Took me a couple about 200 restarts. Maybe I've just got shit in my old age but it doesn't feel like I've felt that sort of challenge since HD. 

Edit: second go was about 100 restarts

Was impressed with how extensive the clothing customisation is but did wonder how they'd tackle lewd creations .... 10mins later I do a race against someone who had made a hoodie look like it has holes cut out over the nips. They win and their celebration is to slap their arse, revealing the back of a hoodie featuring a good ole cock n balls.

...i laughed. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

I cant get past the first head to head one. The contract just says “beat”. After about 2 jumps it says failed

Was just coming to ask if all the second contract ones auto fail for other people. I think that's their way of stopping us playing any further.