Omizzay

Trials Rising

9 hours ago, Dark Soldier said:

Btw, here's the diamond difficulty spreadsheet. Obviously the more that have it, the easier it is to get. Power Bike is easiest and as such unlocks Diamond times for all tracks.:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NQoGkEZfl3zVqg5xNyhMbXj_q9fhxyiUO6G3bzTnon0/edit#gid=0

There's also a Trials Discord that most/all the top riders use, great for hints and tips:

https://discord.gg/F3bGwH4

You say obviously, but I need this explained. The more people that make the diamond time, the easier they are to get? How and why?

I also read that the stadium event difficulty is based on how well you have done on other tracks/stadium events? The ghosts are selected based on times just a little bit better than yours? That would explain why my one is completely unfinishable if they have decided, for some bizarre reason, that I should be up against the top 50 times in the world, to even make it to the top 4 of 8.

I'm glad others are as confused by the progress as i am. I've hit a wall and am just trying to get gold on tracks. I can't unlock Asian Novie Class until i all gold Stable Swede. First track stable Swede X Cross says next medal is 45 seconds, i can do 35 seconds but it says i need top 4. I get 6th. Top 4 are always out in front - i can't do it, i can't beat them. That's it, the end. I could have a thousand attempts, it won't matter. 

Another one, Schoolyard Brawl track 2, supercross. Finish top 2. I do. It says i finish 3rd. Winner is way out in front, I'll never beat him. 

I'm rank 28, unlocked 23 tracks. 0 collectibles. 76km distance ridden. 26 contracts completed. Top 70% of leaderboards. 6 challengers defeated. i haven't unlocked any new tracks for ages. What now? 

Track Central is still unpredictable. Sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn't. Custom filters basically crashes it. I want to search top rated trials easy/medium/hard. Blue Screen Of Death was a nice track. 

13 hours ago, Dark Soldier said:

I understand people wanting to get through the game relatively quick to unlock all tracks ala previous games, but the player bases on previous games died off very quick once the more casual players had opened all tracks up, got some golds and never went back. Obviously they've gone about extending the game's length in the wrong way, but I can see why they felt the need to extend it. It can be refind and RedLynx themselves have said about their upcoming

That's nice. I'll just stop playing the game. Or wait for updates/look for cheats. I bought the game - i want to play all the tracks. If they say 'get gold here, here and here to unlock this and this I'll think; fine yeah i can improve on those tracks. Now it just seems broke. There's two silvers i can't improve on. Skill games i can't unlock. C and above on university of trials. 

What's wrong with playing games quickly? I always went back for the user created tracks. 

I'm average at the game. I can do most hard tracks and did a few extreme tracks ages ago. I have better things to do than try 50 times to drive up a steep ramp and leap up onto a ledge. 

As far as I can tell progression is dependent on your Lvl. You have to be a certain Lvl to unlock certain stadium races. On completing these you then unlock the next set of tracks. The problem is that you don’t seem to get that much Xp/Fame from bagging medals. You get way more Xp for completing contracts. So in other words, you can go through the game getting Platinum after Platinum but you’ll still be required to grind at points by doing “backflip challenges” or “wheelie x amount of distance challenges” in order to get your Lvl up and unlock the Stadium Races and thus the standard Trials tracks. This feels like a chore when all you want to do is crack on with the core of the game.

2 hours ago, BeeJay said:

I also read that the stadium event difficulty is based on how well you have done on other tracks/stadium events? The ghosts are selected based on times just a little bit better than yours? That would explain why my one is completely unfinishable if they have decided, for some bizarre reason, that I should be up against the top 50 times in the world, to even make it to the top 4 of 8.

As far as i’m aware you’re just racing the same set of CPU opponents on all the Stadium Races. It’s the standard Trials tracks that have ghosts of actual players taken from the Leaderboards.

4 hours ago, BeeJay said:

That would explain why my one is completely unfinishable if they have decided, for some bizarre reason, that I should be up against the top 50 times in the world, to even make it to the top 4 of 8.

I got really confused with one of my stadium races, where it said "Come 1st" or something, but it meant in the total event, not just the first race.  As with yours, the first race was completely impossible to win, so I was hitting restart time and time again.  In reality, it was actually fine that I came 4th or whatever, and it just progressed to the next race, where I came 2nd, then the final one which was a really easy 1st.  The whole thing is fucked.

2 hours ago, BeeJay said:

You say obviously, but I need this explained. The more people that make the diamond time, the easier they are to get? How and why?

Think what DS is saying is that the spreadsheet is a list of how many times a Diamond Medal has been won on each track. In other words, the more people that have got a Diamond Medal on a specific track, then it shows that track is easier to Diamond. The less people that have got a Diamond Medal on a specific track, then it shows that track is harder to Diamond. For example 500 people have got Diamond on Power Bike so it’s the easiest track to get a Diamond Medal on. 0 people have currently got Diamond on Tilting at Windmills, so it shows it’s the hardest to get a Diamond Medal on. Hopefully i’ve explained that properly! Hahaha.

1 hour ago, Fully Aspel said:

Think what DS is saying is that the spreadsheet is a list of how many times a Diamond Medal has been won on each track. In other words, the more people that have got a Diamond Medal on a specific track, then it shows that track is easier to Diamond. The less people that have got a Diamond Medal on a specific track, then it shows that track is harder to Diamond. For example 500 people have got Diamond on Power Bike so it’s the easiest track to get a Diamond Medal on. 0 people have currently got Diamond on Tilting at Windmills, so it shows it’s the hardest to get a Diamond Medal on. Hopefully i’ve explained that properly! Hahaha.

Thanks, explained perfectly. DS is associating number of people achieving diamond to lower difficulty which makes some sense.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fully Aspel said:

As far as i’m aware you’re just racing the same set of CPU opponents on all the Stadium Races. It’s the standard Trials tracks that have ghosts of actual players taken from the Leaderboards.

Nope, the stadium ghosts are different depending on your previous performance. In my case the individual first track is currently impossible for me to finish as the top 4 are all top 50 time ghosts. Coming 5th is classed as a failure, regardless of time. So even if I achieve a time quicker than another player who is able to finish in the top 4, I cannot get the medal for it. I can achieve a gold time regularly but it doesn't count because I finish 5th. In the combined event, on the first track I have won it easily, with none of the ghosts on screen, and went on to win the series in first place each track, fairly comfortably.

In the combined event a 45s would achieve the win, on the individual track, a 38s time does not even make the top 4 cut.

Not sure if i’m mixing up what Races we’re talking about! On my Stadium Races i’m up against the same set of CPU riders each time - Top Canine etc. They’ve all been really easy to beat, including the final duel race, the only challenge coming from reading the track on first play. They definitely don’t seem to be real players ghosts. I’m about Lvl 72 now. Maybe we’re talking about later Races? 

In hindsight i probably enjoyed the do 12 backflips 8 frontflips no bails challenge, even if in the moment i thought fuck this game. Another new one is 35 metres of wheelying, no bails whilst also beating the opponent. hmmm

47 minutes ago, Fully Aspel said:

Not sure if i’m mixing up what Races we’re talking about! On my Stadium Races i’m up against the same set of CPU riders each time - Top Canine etc. They’ve all been really easy to beat, including the final duel race, the only challenge coming from reading the track on first play. They definitely don’t seem to be real players ghosts. I’m about Lvl 72 now. Maybe we’re talking about later Races? 

How can I phrase this better...The names of the 'players' are the same. My 'best' opponent is always Top Canine. However, the time that they set on the stadium races is not the same for all players and not the same for me between the individual event and "all 3 in a row" combined event. I've read that the line that the ghosts take is based on your ability. So the ghosts aren't real players, but take the lines of players that are just a bit quicker than you. This makes sense because they want you to have a reachable target and have close races.

The one that is bugged for me is bali blast x-cross. On the individual event, I can complete the track in 38 seconds and come 5th, by a clear margin. I guess that the Top Canine ghost is finishing in around 33s (It is very difficult to tell as they are so far ahead). The top 4 all pull off a jump that I currently can't do and even if I could, they get there a second or so before me anyway (there is a steep hill, then an indented tabletop, which, if you get enough drive off, means you can clear the next ramp, making a massive difference to the run). 

13s into this video:

This dude is against the same calibre of opposition that I face but they only have 3 doing it, I have 4.

Notice how they come 4th but go sub-33s (the winning ghost achieves 28.9, (46s in the video)) which is identical to the number 1 time in the world on the leaderboard). The ghost in that guy's race are not real people, but they are based in the times of real people. Hence, the identical time. As an aside, you can clearly see that the number 1 time is glitched, because the bike is not with the top 3 as they go over the line.

Now watch this video of the same track:

Notice how none of their opponents do the move (24s in) and they easily win despite being 8 seconds slower than the player in the first video, and get a gold medal. I am 2 seconds quicker than this person, but I cannot get the medal, because 4 of my ghosts use the move in the first video and finish ahead of me.

On the combined event, on the same track, the top 4 do not make the same move and hence, go a lot slower, so I can win easily.

TLDR: The ghost are different for everyone and even different for people between the individual event and the combined event, on the same track. The ghost are built based on the lines that real players take.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

They're aware of some players being matched with unfair opponents on the stadium events. There is a workaround for the time being which is to disconnect the internet and it'll revert to basic opponents. Its also in the patch notes as something that is going to be fixed:

Crash & Stability

[SWITCH] Fixed a bug that could cause the game to freeze when loading a track

[SWITCH] Fixed a bug that could cause the game to load on a black screen

[SWITCH] Fixed a bug that could cause the game to freeze when the Donkey bike is set on fire

[PS4] Fixed a bug that could cause the game to crash during boot sequence

[XBOX ONE/PS4] Fixed a bug that could cause the game to crash when reporting tracks from Track Central

Online Multiplayer

[ALL PLATFORMS] Updates to Multiplayer Seasons rewards UI

[ALL PLATFORMS] Fixed a bug that could cause players to lose points even when winning in public multiplayer

[ALL PLATFORMS] Updated Multiplayer Season Title

[ALL PLATFORMS] Fixed a bug that could cause all opponents in a multiplayer lobby to appear with the same customization as the player

[ALL PLATFORMS] Fixed a bug that could cause the multiplayer season end time to not display correctly

[ALL PLATFORMS] Fixed a bug that could cause the result screen to display incorrectly if the top player leaves early

[PC] Fixed a bug that could cause players to get kicked out of a multiplayer session after completing a track

[PS4/XBOX ONE] Fixed a bug that could cause the rider customization to not be displayed in multiplayer lobby

Tracks

[SWITCH] Fixed a bug on the track Firebase Faceplant that left the starting platform hanging in the air after the tower falls

Skill Games

[ALL PLATFORMS] Fixed the ability to record Skill Game replays to the leaderboards (note: ability to view replays from the leaderboards will be updated in a later patch)

Stadium Finals

[ALL PLATFORMS] Fixed a bug that would pull the top leaderboard positions as ghosts when replaying a Stadium Final track. The game should now ensure there is at least 1 time below the player’s personal best among the ghosts that need to be beaten.

Challengers

[PC] Fixed a bug that could result in a “connection lost” error after defeating the 3rd challenger

Contracts

[ALL PLATFORMS] Fixed some contract descriptions that were displaying HTML or had missing text in the Arabic language

[ALL PLATFORMS] Fixed an empty contract description of a RedLynx sponsor contract

[ALL PLATFORMS] Fixed some contract descriptions that had missing text in the Chinese language

Gear Store

[PC] Fixed a bug that could prevent shared items from being purchased in the Gear Store

[SWITCH/XBOX ONE] Fixed a bug that disabled the “buy crates” option

[XBOX ONE] Fixed a bug that would cause Gear Crates to be missing from the inventory when accessing via the Level Up pop-up

Track Central

[ALL PLATFORMS] Fixed a bug that caused the menu to become unresponsive on the rating screen after completing the track

[ALL PLATFORMS] Fixed a bug that could cause a players rating to not be counted after rating a custom track

[ALL PLATFORMS] Fixed a bug that caused a “connection lost” error to appear after reporting a track

Track Editor

[ALL PLATFORMS] Fixed an bug with the physics event that could cause physics to not work properly

[PC] Fixed a bug that could cause the game to get stuck in the options menu after changing between fullscreen to windowed mode

[SWITCH] Fixed a bug that could cause controls to become unresponsive after exiting the item list

[SWITCH] Fixed a bug that allowed controls to work in pause menu and track editor simultaneously

[SWITCH] Fixed a bug that could corrupt a track thumbnail after sharing the track

[SWITCH] Fixed warning that displays in German language when attempting to exit an unsaved track

[SWITCH] Fixed a bug that would display incorrect UI in certain menus in the Track Editor

Localization

[PC] Fixed a bug that caused the game to not launch in the language selected in the “language selection” tab

[ALL PLATFORMS] Improvements to security measures

[ALL PLATFORMS] Improvements to online infrastructure

[ALL PLATFORMS] Improvements to error messaging

[ALL PLATFORMS] Improvements to save data management

[ALL PLATFORMS] Improvements to data tracking

[ALL PLATFORMS] Improvements to creator rewards flow

[PS4] Fixed a bug that prevented the game from connecting to servers after installing the day 1 patch

Platform Store

[PS4] Fixed a bug that caused the wrong music to play in the PlayStation live menu

[STEAM] Fixed an incorrect title that displayed when finalizing payment on Steam

[SWITCH] Fixed some inconsistent prices displayed in-game

• Upvote 3

Ah right! I get it now! Didn’t realise that’s how it works. Cheers for clearing that up BeeJay! Weird though as i’ve Platinumed most tracks first time but the Stadium Races have all been ridiculously easy, which is why I thought they were just standard CPU opponents. On the final duels the ghost i’ve been racing even seems to crash multiple times! 

20 hours ago, Dark Soldier said:

They're aware of some players being matched with unfair opponents on the stadium events. There is a workaround for the time being which is to disconnect the internet and it'll revert to basic opponents. Its also in the patch notes as something that is going to be fixed:

Hide contents

Tried this last night on the one in Canada. Either it didn't work, or I can't even beat the basic opponents. I can get through the first two legs fairly consistently, but the third one requires a perfect run which I might get if I just did that track over and over, but doing the first two every time just to get a chance kind of sucks balls.

I thought I should talk about the positives about this game. The trials university is superb, it really does help learn the techniques. I've never really been very good at flat box bunny hops but the training focussed on this really helped me. It also feels like something that still has a lot to give too. I like the concept of practicing a technique which requires successive application in harder and harder scenarios. My only criticism would be that some of the moves are so much easier with momentum so I'd have preferred it is they had enforced a stationary phase between each obstacle.

Also, now I have made it to the hard tracks, they are really starting to what I want from trials, requiring calm, composure and precision. I'm looking forward to what the coming levels offer.

It is still a shame that I have had to grind so much to get there though.

• Upvote 1

Anyone else’s inventory full? I have a gazillion of the same helmets/shirts/shoes etc and now I can’t get new stuff until I clear it out. The problem is; I can’t sell anything as it keeps disconnecting from the Ubisoft servers 

Re: stadium ghosts, I'm so glad other people have mentioned this as I thought I was going crazy.

On top of the ghosts being far too good, I also found the game would claim I came 5th and eliminate me even though I can see 3 riders cross the line ahead of me and 4 riders behind me.

If anyone's on the fence and happens to have 100 Uplay points you can cash them in for a 20% off code at the moment and since the game is discounted already it brings the regular edition down to £13 and the gold to £20.

I was going to wait and see how they addressed the progression stuff but thought I might as well take the chance on the gold edition at that price.

Had a chance to play the local multiplayer with some friends this weekend.  It's pretty much the same as it was in the earlier games (so a horrible broken mess, then), although it does give you a little more control over the settings for each track in the tournament, which I guess is an improvement.  There aren't many tracks available though, so I guess we'll have to download some for next time.  Unless they unlock with your single player progression also?  That would make no sense at all, so is probably right.

On 12/03/2019 at 14:42, Omizzay said:

Anyone up for starting a weekly mini tournament for custom tracks on Track Central, kind of like the early Fusion days?  It turned out to be quite a lot of fun while it lasted (for a couple of weeks) and we ended up finding some really cool well designed custom tracks, some of which were on par with the ones the devs made.  It's also a nice side distraction from the grind of the main game.

The only thing I'm not sure of is how we're all going to compare our times since it's more of a split between the consoles this year than last time round.  Suggestions and feedback are welcome.

Also, here's a link to the Fusion Custom Track Tournament for nostalgia purposes - 

Forgot to reply earlier sorry. But yeah, should obviously goes without saying that I’m in for this. 

Got a couple days off work now, looking forward to stick a bit more time into this and try open up some more tracks. 

I just finished my first Ninja track and it was exactly what I want from this game. The perfect challenge for me. 2 or 3 sections that when faced initially I'm thinking hard about how to do it and then attempting to execute. I'm still a little lacking in throttle control and struggle with the steep climbs. I immediately tried another ninja track and took over a minute to get on to the very first obstacle, which was a very steep long climb. As I'm going up, I'm celebrating my progress, then at the top I meet a ledge sticking out from the slope... Yeah, maybe I'm not ready for this one yet.

Can anyone give me some help on the Consecutive Bunny Hops in University of Trials? 

I’ve got A+ on all the others and medals on all the extreme tracks so I’m stumped!

48 minutes ago, andygt said:

Can anyone give me some help on the Consecutive Bunny Hops in University of Trials? 

I’ve got A+ on all the others and medals on all the extreme tracks so I’m stumped!

I'd say the best advice is to watch the CPU Ghost rider that's in the background and just try to copy what it's doing and figure out why it works.

There is a bit of leeway with the personal style you play with, but it's basically all about the timing and positioning of how you load the suspension of the bike with your rider, and the way you hit the platforms with the bike itself, so that you carry momentum over the obstacles. Sounds easy but it's really not, which is what makes Trials one of the best games I've ever played. Easy to pick up, hard to master! :)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Fully Aspel said:

I'd say the best advice is to watch the CPU Ghost rider that's in the background and just try to copy what it's doing and figure out why it works.

There is a bit of leeway with the personal style you play with, but it's basically all about the timing and positioning of how you load the suspension of the bike with your rider, and the way you hit the platforms with the bike itself, so that you carry momentum over the obstacles. Sounds easy but it's really not, which is what makes Trials one of the best games I've ever played. Easy to pick up, hard to master! :)

Thanks mate, up to A grade now! The trick was flicking the right stick forward rather than holding it - been doing it wrong since Trials HD :doh:

• Upvote 1

A couple of modest proposals: whoever thought that a Trials game would be improved if you included inventory management should be fired out of the sun into a cannon. And that victory animation where a kazoo tune plays while the rider wiggles his bum should be removed from the game, and anyone who has unlocked it should be put in a special prison.

• Upvote 8

I bought this on switch and have hit the stadium wall. I played Trials HD to death and a bit of evolution too, only just briefly playing fusion.

I played of those games with a 360 pad and analogue triggers, do you think that the switch digital triggers are a big disadvantage? 

I bought this last night and it's not really clicking yet, the riding is good but it's wrapped up in so much unnecessary fluff. I guess that's the way gaming is going though and I don't want to be all old man yells at cloud about it but Trials HD had it right so those years ago. 

Custom tracks are definitely getting better.  Check this one out:

If anyone has a good decent medium one that they've come across then do let me know.  Maybe we can start the tourney next week?