IGNORED

Control. Latest weirdness from Remedy.

Cosmic_Guru

2 minutes ago, ZOK said:

I’ve got nothing that will play it at the moment, it does look interesting though.

I thought you would have played it back in the 360 days to be honest. Maybe it’s time you bought that Series X.

36 minutes ago, artz said:

I think the way they integrated the DLC made the game worse for first time players. I wasted ages on the jukebox thinking it was something important, and the Alan Wake bit got really boring so I skipped out after I realised.

Yeah I accidentally did the whole DLC, and then because it was explicit about the "final mission", left the end of the DLC and went off to do side missions...

Or as non-DLC owners will know it, "The Main Game".

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone use any guns in this except Charge and Shatter? Once you can build those two everything else seems unnecessary I found.

I wish you could pick a setting to stop you picking up upgrades for anything other than what you are holding, I seem to spend half my time dissolving useless pickups.

9 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Did anyone use any guns in this except Charge and Shatter? Once you can build those two everything else seems unnecessary I found.

I wish you could pick a setting to stop you picking up upgrades for anything other than what you are holding, I seem to spend half my time dissolving useless pickups.

Pierce can bo good with the right upgrades.

17 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

All about Grip and headshots for me, especially with the unique upgrade. Everything else is situational.

All the weapons are situational - they’re there for when you run out of launch energy.

In a funny series of coincidences I was reading Ambrose Bierce’s Can Such Things Be yesterday, and looked something up which sent me down the rabbit hole of The King In Yellow wiki, which mentioned the SCP Foundation in passing which I hadn’t thought about in ages, so went to that site…and then realised Control is basically SCP Foundation the video game.

I’m sure this is completely obvious but it never connected on my play through, and it gives me even more appreciation for what an amazing job the devs did with this. Superb world building!

Incidentally, what is Shield? I keep getting pickups for it but have no clue how or what I need to shield Jesse - and I have pretty much finished all the game and dlc, the only things I haven’t done is the last encounter with Dr Thingummy (the one who hates light) and the optional boss fight with in the room with the big rock in it (Tommassi?).

Also I’ve maxed out all Jesse’s powers (with three left to fill on melee) so I’m puzzled I’ve not used it at all.

What, like it’s a basic move in the set? That’s happened a couple of times when I was playing through Foundation but it was from the special power you get on that level, ie there was a particular rock formation it worked on.

If my memory serves, you get it by completing that mini obstacle course which is in some rooms just off from that huge generator area. I remember trying to beat the timer when I first reached it and was incredibly frustrated, only to realise I could literally fly through it later in the game...probably the intention.