IGNORED

Control. Latest weirdness from Remedy.

Cosmic_Guru

Good news for fans of Remedy's games...

Remedy signs deal with big publisher for two next generation games.

The first project is a “AAA multi-platform game” already in pre-production, the company said on Thursday, while the second is a “smaller-scale” project set in the same franchise. Both projects are being developed on Remedy’s proprietary Northlight game engine and tools.

The games will be released for next-gen consoles and PC in “the next few years,” Remedy said. The Finnish studio will retain ownership of the unannounced games’ IP, while revenue will be split with the publisher.

More details regarding the partnership between Remedy and the publisher will be announced later today by a press release.

16 hours ago, Triple A said:

DLSS 2.0 with the PC version of this, is awesome 

Can't wait to get it downloaded and scope this out. Was running at 1440p with DLSS and a tiny bit of sharpening with the full gamut of RT features enabled and was getting mainly 60fps with all those mind blowing effects. Trouble was the DLSS was causing some weird artifacts in game, mainly turning blacks into what I'd describe as oil paint or something.

Still looked fantastic but DLSS was definitely causing some strange anomalies, trouble was without it the frames would tank, that's on a 2080TI. Supposedly 2.0 should fix them.

3 hours ago, Triple A said:

DLSS 2.0 with the PC version of this, is awesome 

Ooh, can't wait!
Just a shame I have to deal with Epic's garbage store front. I wish they would include something akin to Steam's Big Picture Mode as I'm basically using my PC as a console.

Been playing The Foundation DLC yesterday and a little today, don`t want to rush through it.  Taking your time and soaking everything up is how to play this. 

If you loved Control, you will love this.  This a a full on campaign (4-5 hours i believe) with a massive new area to explore.  The story is as weird as ever and have just had a nice chat with the former which was bonkers.

Also last mission i have just done made me laugh to (you will know which one when you reach it)

The Foundation is beautifully crafted like the rest of control and no corners have been cut when it comes to presentation and missions.

Perfect addition to the main game, definitely will get your moneys worth compared to other dlc out there.  

If your remotely a fan of Control, owe to to yourself and the developers to pick this up.

Do you have an overclock on the GPU? I'm pushing around 2000mhz on the core and +500 on the memory and it was hitting 60fps 80% of the time. With G-Sync it was mustard but tbh when switching to my big TV (VRR but no G-sync, yet) I was knocking it down to 1080p + a touch of sharpening.

With no overclock that sounds about right, maybe a little low, but not much.

I haven't tried DLSS 2.0 yet but the above was with 1.0. It's a heavy fucking game with all those RT bells and whistles.

I think 2.0 is more about improving the image quality (they've improved the AI reconstruction algorithm/learning) rather than performance gains. Though maybe it's not mutually exclusive.

1 hour ago, amc said:

Do you have an overclock on the GPU? I'm pushing around 2000mhz on the core and +500 on the memory and it was hitting 60fps 80% of the time. With G-Sync it was mustard but tbh when switching to my big TV (VRR but no G-sync, yet) I was knocking it down to 1080p + a touch of sharpening.

With no overclock that sounds about right, maybe a little low, but not much.

I haven't tried DLSS 2.0 yet but the above was with 1.0. It's a heavy fucking game with all those RT bells and whistles.

I think 2.0 is more about improving the image quality (they've improved the AI reconstruction algorithm/learning) rather than performance gains. Though maybe it's not mutually exclusive.

With overclock - but will try the middle res

It seemed sharper but yesterday just did a quick dirty test to try the framerate

3 hours ago, Thor said:

You'll wish you'd paid that when you're suffering regular sub 30fps in this game. ;)

I have a Pro, and to be honest I dont notice frame rate unless I've played it at 60 on another platform or whatever (as in Destiny 2). That is unless the drops are very obvious of course (juddering/stutter).

3 hours ago, Uzi said:

I have the latest nvidia driver and 2080ti and at dlss 1440p it was still hanging around the 40-45ish fps mark which is what I was getting months ago. Am I missing something? 

Im running 2070 at 1440p DLSS at everything medium (dont see any difference between high tbh except frame rate) with all ray tracing effects on except debris.  

I`m finding on foundation dlc averages round 50-70fps for the most part.  Can drop into 40s when it get really busy though.  Usually I wouldn`t except this sort of frame rate, but with my new freesync monitor, you dont notice the frame rate drop the same and smooths it out. God bless Freesync/Gsync.  

Turning Ray Traced Diffuse lighting and contact Shadows of, with just Reflections can easily keep me cooking over 60 though.  Struggling to turn them of after having them on though :D 

No more boring PC talk after this, promise. Tried DLSS 2.0 and it does improve the image quality, black isn't all weird anymore but there are no gains in FPS, and for me at least the new resolution doesn't lock to 60. So when I'm playing on my TV it'll still be at 1080p. But yeah, deffo better image reconstruction.

Looking forward to the new game-play content.