rllmuk
Cosmic_Guru

(Are you in) Control? - 27 August

Release date confirmed today as August 27th 2019.

The Control Pre-Order Edition contains "Tactical Response Gear" and a "Crafting Resources Pack", and will be available to pre-order on the 26th March.

Looking good to me. Interestingly Quantum Break is probably the biggest "AA" game i own and have never played. Really should get around to it.

10 hours ago, Dimahoo said:

Looking good to me. Interestingly Quantum Break is probably the biggest "AA" game i own and have never played. Really should get around to it.

It's a really chewy time loop story, well worthwhile playing.  It looks as if they have taken a fair bit from it into this in terms of graphical style.  I hope we see references to Alan Wake and a certain tall black gentleman .......

Fairly reasonably priced on digital console stores too (£45).

• Upvote 1

This looks lovely. So glad Remedy are firing on all cylinders again after the QB project turned sour. These kinds of quirky ambitious narrative driven games are what keep me interested in video games.

Jeff of GameSpot/GameStop/Giant Bomb/YouTube/Tumblr fame was REALLY excited about this game after playing it during the E3 judge's week. It shot right up my most wanted list because of his enthusiasm, and I'm now hopeful for a classic Remedy game. Like, the Remedy I remember from Max Payne and Alan Wake, a return to form. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Eighthours said:

I didn't have much interest in this after Remedy's last game, but I'm back on the hype train after the previews!

Snap. I started ... I've forgotten what it's called now, the one with Iceman from X-men ... on the One X with Game Pass, and it while it started off okay it soon got boring as fuck. An entirely forgettable game.

This looks splendid! 

This looks like the sort of game that will get 7/10 across the board but end up being one of my favourite, most fondly remembered games of the generation. Callin' it now. 

Reckon I might feel the same about Astral Chain, though, and they come out three days apart. Decisions!

Is this coming out on Game Pass?

edit: Nevermind. Forgot Remedy aren’t second party Microsoft anymore. 

Great to hear its looking so good. Quantum Break seemed like a missed opportunity. Could have been great. 

On 26/03/2019 at 15:54, Mr Combo Breaker said:

Looks impressive. Hopefully it'll be great like Psi-Ops and not shit like Second Sight

So pleased to read people still referencing Psi-Ops. It remains one of my favourite games, it absolutely nailed the joy of mixing psychic abilities with third person shooting.

It's such a shame it's never been remastered. I think Star Wars: Force Unleashed got pretty close.

I'm certainly interested in this, precisely because it has the same gameplay mix as Psi-Ops. I thought Quantum Break was awful though, from the overbearing story to the completely stock and uninteresting shooting, so I'll be waiting for some reviews before buying. Fingers crossed though.

• Upvote 5

This preview from IGN is pretty good. The playtester is halfway through the main story so obviously don't watch if you want to go in blind.