NIOH 2

MW_Jimmy

10 hours ago, Curtis said:

I don't know if you're being serious or not, but the answer is: like all GREAT games of this ilk, it has NO difficulty settings. Deal with it or don't bother at all!

Well I mean it doesn’t have in-built settings like easy, medium, hard, but there are several things within the game itself you can do to make it easier if you choose to use them. You can summon in either other human players or AI ghosts, you can just grind earlier levels, or take advantage of character builds which are more overpowered than others. All of those make the game easier, all of those are entirely voluntary.

The start of the game is probably the hardest part overall, since firstly you’re still getting used to how the game works and secondly, the lack of availability of those previously mentioned aspects.

If anyone wants some jolly co-op on PC, please give me a shout. :)

I've played the games for hundreds of hours on PS4, got the platinum, and I'm still a massive noob that doesn't understand half the systems. :D

I just spent hours yesterday being summoned in to randoms to help them with the first and second boss fights.  It was good fun.  I love the start of games like this when I can lead people around the map, backflipping in front of little Kodamas and stuff. :wub:  Then getting a boss kill.  Or watching them die :(  

15 hours ago, Oz said:

anyone know why the PC version is getting a bollocking on steam reviews? 

it's quite poorly optimised - having Effects above Low massively tanks framerate even on a 3090. There are also framepacing issues, realtime cutscenes are locked to 30fps, DLSS and HDR still aren't in, and some folks are reporting max 60fps framerate even when there's a 120fps option.

2 hours ago, Triple A said:

it's quite poorly optimised - having Effects above Low massively tanks framerate even on a 3090. There are also framepacing issues, realtime cutscenes are locked to 30fps, DLSS and HDR still aren't in, and some folks are reporting max 60fps framerate even when there's a 120fps option.

Oh shit thanks for the heads up. Not getting involved. 

1 hour ago, Oz said:

Oh shit thanks for the heads up. Not getting involved. 

I bought it and it's fine - though doesn't really seem better than would be on PS5 which I guess would have a bigger pool of players to have help you, assuming they're pulling from PS4 and PS5 player bases.

Anyone upgraded to the PS5 version from the Nioh 2 PS4 disc?

I would like to try the new DLC weapons and apparently the upgrade should include all the DLC but you can't download it from the store on the PS5, it's says Unavailable then when you click thru to the page is says Free, but clicking the info button gives an error that pretty much says you cant download DLC 1 until you've downloaded DLC 1.

Seems broken. 

1 hour ago, Melon_Bread said:

Anyone upgraded to the PS5 version from the Nioh 2 PS4 disc?

I would like to try the new DLC weapons and apparently the upgrade should include all the DLC but you can't download it from the store on the PS5, it's says Unavailable then when you click thru to the page is says Free, but clicking the info button gives an error that pretty much says you cant download DLC 1 until you've downloaded DLC 1.

Seems broken. 

I’ve done it with just the regular version of the game. Have you previously bought the DLC on the PS4 version? I don’t think the ps5 upgrade includes it otherwise, it only upgrades what you’ve previously bought.

EDIT: yeah that message you’re getting I’m pretty sure means you need to by the PS4 version of the DLC first, then you get the free PS5 upgrade.

32 minutes ago, Retroguy said:

I’ve done it with just the regular version of the game. Have you previously bought the DLC on the PS4 version? I don’t think the ps5 upgrade includes it otherwise, it only upgrades what you’ve previously bought.

EDIT: yeah that message you’re getting I’m pretty sure means you need to by the PS4 version of the DLC first, then you get the free PS5 upgrade.

I thought that might be why but it’s not very clear, they could just let me buy the dlc for the ps5 instead of switching to PS4 version. The ps store was a mess before all this upgrade stuff got layered on top.

13 minutes ago, Melon_Bread said:

I thought that might be why but it’s not very clear, they could just let me buy the dlc for the ps5 instead of switching to PS4 version. The ps store was a mess before all this upgrade stuff got layered on top.

I think the problem with that is that the DLC doesn’t actually exist for the PS5- it’s all included in the complete version that you buy. It only exists separately to upgrade it from the PS4 versions.

Also, there’s no way they’d give you like a £20 season pass for free :P

12 hours ago, Retroguy said:

Also, there’s no way they’d give you like a £20 season pass for free :P

Dunno the store is in such a mess that I managed to get Hitman 2 for nothing but signing up to a free trial of PSnow sucking the levels into Hitman 3 and then cancelling the sub.

I am fine paying the £20 but wanted to make sure it wasn't supposed to be free with the upgrade.

1 hour ago, Melon_Bread said:

I really like this game but it's so damn hard, it's more about all the things you gotta remember, Ki pulse, burst counter, switch stance, watch your Ki levels, avoid the puddles, cleanse the puddles. Arrrgggghhhhh!

The puddles really drained the enthusiasm I had when I originally played it, its certainly amplified from the first game massively.

I really dislike the Ki pulse mechanic, but you can kinda forget about it so long as you buy the skill that allows you to do it automatically while dodging.Remembering to dodge at the end of a combo is something that usually occurs naturally, so it's not as intrusive.

I think I'm undergeared for the third boss. It's taking a ridiculous amount of damage, and a ten minute fight where you can be oneshot is about as appealing to me right now as having someone peel off my toenails with a bowie knife. I'll give it another crack later, but it straight up seems like a bad boss design - multiple lockons, poor camera given the size of the boss, adds, excessively tanky, risk of (essentially) instant death.

I could honestly handle it being twice as hard, but the length of the fight is what's killing it for me. There's probably some trick I haven't tried yet - like those anima soul core attacks or something, but a straightforward dodge-n-damage approach is taking way too long. Even the bloody burst counter misses his darting attack half the time.

No tips though. I'm intending playing through it blind, even though this dude seems like a right pain in the ass without a particular tactic or cheese strat.

On 08/02/2021 at 19:43, Kayin Amoh said:

I really dislike the Ki pulse mechanic, but you can kinda forget about it so long as you buy the skill that allows you to do it automatically while dodging.Remembering to dodge at the end of a combo is something that usually occurs naturally, so it's not as intrusive.

I think I'm undergeared for the third boss. It's taking a ridiculous amount of damage, and a ten minute fight where you can be oneshot is about as appealing to me right now as having someone peel off my toenails with a bowie knife. I'll give it another crack later, but it straight up seems like a bad boss design - multiple lockons, poor camera given the size of the boss, adds, excessively tanky, risk of (essentially) instant death.

I could honestly handle it being twice as hard, but the length of the fight is what's killing it for me. There's probably some trick I haven't tried yet - like those anima soul core attacks or something, but a straightforward dodge-n-damage approach is taking way too long. Even the bloody burst counter misses his darting attack half the time.

No tips though. I'm intending playing through it blind, even though this dude seems like a right pain in the ass without a particular tactic or cheese strat.

Which boss are you talking about?