NIOH 2

MW_Jimmy

4 hours ago, Curtis said:

Something i just realised with that new Million Demon Armour set: it has no fixed Special Effects, meaning you can fill all the slots with inheritables (assuming there are enough in-game that don't clash with one-another).

Thats a proper blank canvas build.

You just temper a stat first if it conflicts to something else

I very much doubt there are the right ornage inheritables to make a piece of gear exactly how you want it

On another note I have killed my Ninja build, it jst doesnt cut it anymore

My Dual Swords build is just way too powerful and fun to use

Can anyone explain to me what allows a stat to be transferred?

I’ve just had a pair of pants, I had multiple options to transfer - life, running speed, dash ki consumption and only stat that would move was item drop against Yokai.

The stats were all on pants and theY were all the stat that has the little arrow looking icon to the left of the stat but none of them would move apart from that one. 

It was driving me nuts!

I’ve spent sooo much money upping items and the stat won’t transfer, very annoying.

To transfer a stat, the item that has the stat on has to be fully maxed out, you can only transfer white or orange inheritables.  So if any of the other stats was normal they wont move

White will only transfer over other white ones.  Orange can be used to add exta stats to gear and can also be used to transfer over any other stats as you can choose which one to replace when all your slots are taken

You can also only transfer if the stat you are moving doent conflict with an existing stat, if it does you need to temper away the stat on the gear you are moving to.

I normally transfter garbage oranges over and then temper them to what I want

Oh man, That’s a bit dumb. Why does a stat have to be maxed?

That means you’ve got to wear the until it’s maxed just to Move one of that stats over.

I know you can use glue as well actually, what’s the best way to get glue?

Best way for glue is to forge it, you can buy the 3 ingredients from the teahouse with glory

It takes 7 glues to max 1 item, so I always make sure to wear a different armout piece so I max 5 out at a time using 7 glues

You can also use the boss method to do it, just farm the hand boss without killing him to raise the familiarity of each piece

I prefer the glue method myself as its faster and glory is easily replaced

And remember you can only move a white inheritable or orange, so if your gear doesnt have those then dont bother maxing it out.  Once an orange has been moved, it cant be moved again

You can also farm glue on Calamitys Pulse as its a misson reward drop each time you complete the level, assuming you have access to it, its one of the new missions

Cool, thanks.

Wow, glue is expensive to forge. It’s around 5000 glory (on items) to forge one piece of clue.

I really should have asked this sooner as I’ve likely lost of tonne of decent stats not knowing why they wouldn’t transfer. ><

I’m now at a point where I’ve go no divine gear left as I’ve soul matched it all and no money. The amount of money I’ve gone through is obscene!

Still, I’m pretty close to +7 on all my gear now but need to investigate transferring stats now that I know a bit more about it.

When you transfer a stat Via soul matching does it have to be the same level? I’m really hoping not...

The combat in this! Pulling off a perfect yokai counter never gets old; every encounter is so tense and yet so satisfying when you walk away unscathed. It's just a brilliant positive feedback loop. You know they've got the combat right when the grey swirly mist spawns yet another karasu tengu and your first thought is fuck yeah bring it on. 

Currently trying to invade Inabayama Castle in the second area, although not sure I've caught a glimpse of the actual castle yet. 

Disappointed in the Edge 7 - Nioh got a 9, and this just does everything bigger and better. Maybe that was their complaint, need to read the review. 

14 hours ago, Let us measure said:

The combat in this! Pulling off a perfect yokai counter never gets old; every encounter is so tense and yet so satisfying when you walk away unscathed. It's just a brilliant positive feedback loop. You know they've got the combat right when the grey swirly mist spawns yet another karasu tengu and your first thought is fuck yeah bring it on. 

Currently trying to invade Inabayama Castle in the second area, although not sure I've caught a glimpse of the actual castle yet. 

Disappointed in the Edge 7 - Nioh got a 9, and this just does everything bigger and better. Maybe that was their complaint, need to read the review. 

I think the Yokai counter makes the game more accessible in that it gives you a chance to turn the tide at a point when the enemy is at its most dangerous. It’s very clever design.

The Edge reviews just shows how subject reviews are. They gave Bayonetta a 10 and Bayonetta 2 a 10 as well even though its very similar on the surface and actually worse underneath.

Just proves that you shouldn’t listen to review scores, if you like the look of something, you should get it. Reviewers need to be aware how much they poison the water by doing things like this

Another session this morning and I really still have no idea how Inheritables work in this game.

I‘ll get something I want and it won’t move, but as I scroll, another inheritable will just appear over the top of what I’m trying it change and I can’t see any specific reason why it would do it.

I should probably have a proper read up...

Has the max cap gone up?

I thought the max level for gear was +7 but I noticed this morning that I can go to +8

22 minutes ago, MikeF said:

Max gear is currently 170 +10

Have a look here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1atyaD9--xChyxtyeNUkDsww8yILuik0sPw5yOw8HvH4/edit#gid=1450272920

Its the Nioh Temper table, it shows you what conflicts with what, so if you have 1 of them already on an item you can't moce an inheritable over that is in the same category

Riiiiight, that makes sense as to why things aren’t moving. Thanks.

Is it possible to move an inheritable that doesn’t appear in the default list? So for example I have an attack inheritable on my gauntlets, can I move this to my pants or my shoes?

Yes, as long as its either white or orange, if its white it will only move over another white slot, again as long as it doesnt conflict

You can move any inheritable to any piece of gear as long as the above conditions are met

Wow, what I mind scramble I just had...

I had attack bonus based on equipment lightness, which is what was conflicting with my attack bonus. So I tempered it off...And I still couldn’t swap. Realised I picked another conflicting stat so tempered it again for a definite non-conflicting stat....And I still couldn’t swap. Then I realised I hadn’t reached maximum familiarity with the weapon I was trying to take the stat from so I did that...And it still didn’t work. Then I remembered that I’d re-tempered back to a conflicting stat after it hadn’t worked the 2nd time...so tempered again.

And I finally got my attack bonus A+ on my hatchets!

Just realised the reward for finishing the last sub mission in the final region is always glue.

Good way to get a steady income of glue and high level items if you grind the mission over and over. If you call people in you’ll finish it even faster too.

Probably gonna call it soon. I’m the same level as the end of game recommendations and while the game is still super addictive I need to get on to the pile of shame again.

1 hour ago, Sumire said:

Well, I stuck with it. I think my problem was I picked a harder mission than I was ready for by mistake as my first go at the game. The game is even more awesome now I am back on track.

Good to hear, I'm loving it too, but did I just fight Imagawa two missions in a row? Maybe it was his cousin.

After someone mentioned dual blades up the page I decided to give them a proper go as my secondary weapon, and shit, they are fun! Expanding and customising movesets is one of the things that sets this apart from Souls, it feels so good to learn the weapons.

8 hours ago, Sumire said:

Well, I stuck with it. I think my problem was I picked a harder mission than I was ready for by mistake as my first go at the game. The game is even more awesome now I am back on track.

Good for you.

The game is tough, so you have to play smart. Draw enemies away one at a time, run away if you have to, look for different routes through the level etc. It’s also possible to grind yourself up.

Some of the sub-missions can be tough because it’s just using a combination of things from the main missions, so you’re likely to see things like ‘waves’ of enemies. It’s okay to NOT do a submission though and still progress through the game.

Its a shame you’re not online as getting people in the help is by far the best way to get you through a sticky situation.

There’s LOTS to learn, so don’t worry about not understanding or thinking something is bad. You’ve just got to stick with it and figure it out as there’s lots of options that you just may not be aware of.

Of course you can always ask questions here too :)

1 hour ago, Goemon said:

Good for you.

The game is tough, so you have to play smart. Draw enemies away one at a time, run away if you have to, look for different routes through the level etc. It’s also possible to grind yourself up.

Some of the sub-missions can be tough because it’s just using a combination of things from the main missions, so you’re likely to see things like ‘waves’ of enemies. It’s okay to NOT do a submission though and still progress through the game.

Its a shame you’re not online as getting people in the help is by far the best way to get you through a sticky situation.

There’s LOTS to learn, so don’t worry about not understanding or thinking something is bad. You’ve just got to stick with it and figure it out as there’s lots of options that you just may not be aware of.

Of course you can always ask questions here too :)

Yeah, I must admit I did spend a fair time leveling, and I think that helped loads. I am using a tonfa mainly and then the Kusarigama. I am a bit confused as to what powers to use as there seems to be a fair amount of them.

I am sure this is a dumb question, but can you leave a mission and go back to the map once you have started it? I did do a mission last night and it was as you said, this one was a single area with a few waves, but I managed to do it thankfully. I was dreading new waves appearing once I had beaten one lol.

Can you respect your points that you put into weapons?

Oh and that fat cat is amazing.

To leave a mission, you can either use a higimori branch fragment with unlimited uses or another, purple branch which I forget the name of right now. The only difference being the unlimited one doesn't let you keep the amrita you have collected up to that point in the level; the purple, limited one does. 

I'm just a bit further ahead than you and also using the tonfa, and glad to say you've made a good choice - the movesets available to mid and high stance are brilliant. 

8 hours ago, Orococco said:

Good to hear, I'm loving it too, but did I just fight Imagawa two missions in a row? Maybe it was his cousin.

This made me laugh. Just beaten him have ya? Sod it, do it again. I think it was supposed to be his ghost or something.