rllmuk
mdn2

My Friend Pedro - All Aboard The Hype Train - 20th June

39 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Yup, just spent a while looking for them as it tells you the best score end of the level but no leaderboards :o 

Oh shit shimmy there are leaderboards, go to level select and then hit y, should say right at the top

• Upvote 1

This is good fun, played about 1.5hrs. I’m shit and mostly getting C and a few B ranks but it’s so fun and I can see how speeding through knowing the path will help with future score attacks.

32 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Dedicating my life to score attacks, S ranked level 1 but loads of improvement available.... brb!

Damn that score you have on level 1! Did you keep the combo going for the whole level?

5 minutes ago, Nosejam said:

Damn that score you have on level 1! Did you keep the combo going for the whole level?

Yeah that’s the key, it’s a clumsy run so I think the score can be much bigger!

@Wickedkitten are you playing this on PC?

35 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Yeah that’s the key, it’s a clumsy run so I think the score can be much bigger!

@Wickedkitten are you playing this on PC?

Ok that was fun, new score for you to beat :)

• Upvote 1

The controls are too much for my old hands but I'm sure at some point they will click but it's not a beautiful balletic barrage of bullets quite yet. It's very cool though.

23 hours ago, Nosejam said:

Ok that was fun, new score for you to beat :)

Got within a couple of k but not sure what adds to the score at times as two seemingly identical runs game be 30k different!?

Loving it tho

Anyone who has this also got Katana Zero? They seem vaguely similar, I’d be interested in thoughts as to which is the better game.

7 minutes ago, deKay said:

How is this for kids? I know it’s a PEGI 16 bit is it just for violence? Any swearing?

Haven’t noticed much swearing (I’m about 2/3 through) but pretty sure a goon said Shit once, that’s all I noticed. But yeah, you can kick people’s decapitated heads so that should be the primary concern. 

I guess it depends on if you think kids are okay acting out considerable mass murder or just moderately mass murder. Your murder may vary.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ZOK said:

Anyone who has this also got Katana Zero? They seem vaguely similar, I’d be interested in thoughts as to which is the better game.

I'd say Katana Zero. It feels more fluid to me, possibly as a result of the more limited moveset. And while there are a few annoying sections towards the end of Zero, the parts at the end of Pedro

Spoiler

where it turns briefly into almost insta-death platformer

weren't great. But! I'm rubbish at games, so don't take my word for it ;)

3 hours ago, ZOK said:

I have both, this has more complex controls but easier levels to navigate - different enough to want both and I think more replay ability in this for scores but Katana is probably the better game!

Completed this yesterday morning.

I was particularly impressed by the regular introduction of weaponry and mechanics throughout.

It repelled what could so easily have been a largely repetitive experience.

Ending is bizarre...