rllmuk
RubberJohnny

Doom Eternal - iD Tech 7, Huge Maps, Invade Other Players' Campaigns

16 minutes ago, deerokus said:

This was the only game I was really looking forward to for the rest of the year. 2019 has been a weirdly bad year for games.

Not if you're a fan of Japanese games, AA games or indies. 

I don't really mind the delay. It will probably lead to a better game and I already have Death Stranding, Shenmue III and Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order to play. 

But man, 2020 is stacked. It will now release near games like Final Fantasy VII Remake, Watch_Dogs Legion, The Last of Us 2 and Cyberpunk 2077. Hopefully it doesn't lead to another Bethesda bomb.

26 minutes ago, deerokus said:

This was the only game I was really looking forward to for the rest of the year. 2019 has been a weirdly bad year for games.

Wow. This is like the complete opposite of my view. I think this ear has been one of my favourite years of gaming ever. 

Shame this was delayed until next year and Doom 64 with it. I'd rather it be delayed than rushed out unfinished, though. 

• Upvote 1

It’s a shame they decided to delay Doom 64 too, I was looking forward to that, and whilst it’s a pre order bonus for Xbox One and PS4 there’s no mention now when it will arrive on Switch.

8 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Wow. This is like the complete opposite of my view. I think this ear has been one of my favourite years of gaming ever. 

Shame this was delayed until next year and Doom 64 with it. I'd rather it be delayed than rushed out unfinished, though. 

Really? I'm trying to remember games that really grabbed me at all this year. Judgment. Bloodstained. Resident Evil 2. Sekiro up to the point where it became too difficult. After that I've got nothin. 

Maybe I haven't played the right games.

Just now, deerokus said:

Really? I'm trying to remember games that really grabbed me at all this year. Judgment. Bloodstained. Resident Evil 2. Sekiro up to the point where it became too difficult. After that I've got nothin. 

Maybe I haven't played the right games.

For me:

Sekiro

Resi 2

Mutant Year Zero

Astral Chain

Tetris 99

Links Awakening

Ace Combat 7

A.I The Somnium Files

Untitled Goose Game

Katana Zero

Sayonara Wild Hearts

Have all been 9/10's for me. And there's still Luigi's Mansion 3, The Outer Worlds and Jedi: Fallen Order still to release. It's been a fantastic year. 

• Upvote 2

Damn. But at least that means I'll almost probably definitely maybe have finished Doom 2016 by then. I've had it for a good while now and absolutely love it but it's so fucking relentless I've been playing in very small chunks. It's bad for me ticker.

An announcement for the countdown of a trailer of a game that’s already been delayed once and that we’ve seen heaps of footage of anyway. This industry. 

• Upvote 1

That looks worryingly cutscene heavy for a Doom game. 

Shouldn't it be:

1. Monsters arrive on Earth

2. Doomguy kills them all

Roll credits?

Still day 1 though, it's DOOM!

On 14/01/2020 at 09:56, moosegrinder said:

Bethesda, innit. It'll be £30 within a month/month and half of release (6 weeks for Rage 2) and then on Game Pass 6 months later.

There's no reason for this to be getting negged. It's a factual statement that has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of any of their games - just take a look at the price drop history of pretty much anything they've ever made.

Edit: Someone's clearly butthurt for no discernible reason. 

Edit 2: Multiple people. Doesn't change the truth of what he said one bit, making these some of the dumbest downvotes ever. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 9

48 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

It's releasing later on Switch.

Yeah I know, be nice if they could give us some indication when. 

Looks great, although I'm not entirely sure whether I wanted to see Doom Guy's actual face through the helmet. I kind of liked it being hidden in these ones.

Either that or they should have made it all pixel-y like the original Doom ;) 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Bethesda, innit. It'll be £30 within a month/month and half of release (6 weeks for Rage 2) and then on Game Pass 6 months later.

14 hours ago, Kayin Amoh said:

There's no reason for this to be getting negged. It's a factual statement that has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of any of their games - just take a look at the price drop history of pretty much anything they've ever made.

Edit: Someone's clearly butthurt for no discernible reason. 

Just to emphasize: there's no reason whatsoever to neg this. It's a fact that Bethesda games plummet in price a few months after release and so far all end up in Game Pass. So if you have an Xbox or PC, it's worth keeping in mind that you can also get this (most likely awesome) game for free. And looking at the upcoming release list, depending on your taste it won't be hard to wait a bit if you want. I'll be busy with Cyberpunk for a loooong time if Witcher 3 is anything to go by.

So yeah, looking forward to first reading what everyone thinks about it and playing it later :)

• Upvote 3