rllmuk
Goemon

Devil May Cry 5

On 08/12/2018 at 08:58, Goemon said:

No, this is different. There’s a move in the list called “scapegoat” which by the explanation sounds like you press B or you’re holding B as you’re hit and it somehow negates the attack. I don’t really understand it though as I’m still taking damage and I have the animation of the arm exploding so I don’t know what the benefit is...

My tuppence worth after playing the PS4 demo. There seems to be a couple of parry / invincibility options.

The Goemon arm for example, it’s basic move using Circle (or B on Xbox) is a Shockwave move which when timed correctly seems to act as some kind of Royal Guard, but use it successfully too many times and the arm blows. There also seems to be some kind of move cancel with the Shockwave so there is all sorts of incredible madness on the go. 

Then there is the charge moves every arm has, done by holding Circle or B. If you get hit while charging the ‘evacuate the ship and activate the self-destruct sequence Spock’ move then your arm gets destroyed but you dont take any damage. I’m guessing at top level play there will be uses for this so you can simply accept a bosses premium attack under the protection of that charge.

Ive ran the demo maybe 15 times, killed the boss 3 times and what I have posted above may be complete nonsense but it’s been a while since I have been this excited about a games system and the fact that even when I think I have things worked out I most likely REALLY don’t :D

• Upvote 2

Think my reflexes may be past this. Felt like a right ham fisted twat fighting the boss (who I haven't beaten yet!)

Also the lock on seems to have an infuriating need to focus on enemies not in camera sight.

With alarming regularity when I do an R1+back+attack or R1+forward+attack I get the opposite result of my intent. Thats the sort of shit that puts me in prime pad smashing mode (and remorseful embarrassment when I calm down)

I just had a go on the demo. I don't really understand the whole arm thing and how you lose them, etc. Very odd.

Combat didn't really seem to have much flow to it either and Nero really plods around the battlefield. I totally forgot what Exceed does, as well, so didn't use that at all because they make no effort to explain it and it's not immediately obvious that you need to keep revving it.

I'm keen to properly learn the systems, though. I've only ever really played DMC3 and DmC and loved both.

51 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I just had a go on the demo. I don't really understand the whole arm thing and how you lose them, etc. Very odd.

Combat didn't really seem to have much flow to it either and Nero really plods around the battlefield. I totally forgot what Exceed does, as well, so didn't use that at all because they make no effort to explain it and it's not immediately obvious that you need to keep revving it.

I'm keen to properly learn the systems, though. I've only ever really played DMC3 and DmC and loved both.

You lose an arm if you get hit using it or if you use your Break Away move, basically a super that instantly breaks your arm.

1 minute ago, Vemsie said:

You lose an arm if you get hit using it or if you use your Break Away move, basically a super that instantly breaks your arm.

Is there a way to switch between them? I couldn't figure that out. 

Then I pressed something and flew around standing on my rocket powered arm. Looked cool but I did about zero damage. 

Seems there isn't gonna be a PC demo because of the data-mining that went on with RE7. Real shame because although I've played the PS4 demo several times I'd like to be able to see how high I can push the graphical settings. I'm hopeful that it'll be as well optimised as RE2 which let me whack everything up full with a 1060, I didn't notice that much slowdown on the base PS4 except with lots of particle effects firing off at once. The wait for this is agonising, I keep thinking it's this Friday coming but it's an extra week :(

I was gonna get it a few hours before release (don't want to support pre-order bollocks in general) from instant-gaming for about £32 but might just trade in RDR2 for Steam credit and buy the deluxe edition. Unless anyone knows of somewhere selling a key for the Deluxe outside of Steam for less than £55? 

9 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Is there a way to switch between them? I couldn't figure that out. 

Then I pressed something and flew around standing on my rocket powered arm. Looked cool but I did about zero damage. 

You can't switch, so you have to break one if you want another.

The Deluxe Edition includes the full game and the following additional content:

Devil Breaker weapons: Gerbera GP01, Pasta Breaker, Sweet Surrender, Mega Buster

Dante weapon: Cavaliere R

Battle music: 3 tracks each from Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2, Devil May Cry 3, and Devil May Cry 4

Alternative voices: Style Rank Announcers, Title Calls

Live Action Cutscenes

Say whaaaat?

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, NickyDrinks said:

Cheers! Are they considered one of the legit sellers? I'm always wary of key sites cos of the likes of G2A.

They're certainly trustworthy and as far as I'm aware haven't ever been found to be doing anything blatantly dodgy like G2A or Kinguin or whoever. I've used them a lot over the years and have never had any qualms about doing so, nor any issues with the keys. I suppose you never really know for sure that Steam keys bought elsewhere are 100% above board though, with the probable exceptions of the Humble Store and I guess GMG.

• Upvote 2

It does look immense.  Is it RE Engine?

With Sekiro so close and funds low it'll have to wait, but I'm really looking forward to it.  'A prettier PS2 game' is about the best praise I could've heard about it!

Spoiler

He loves it. Best DMC game. Classic DMC. Fantastic action game.

He of course dislikes the micro transactions that are according to him completely and utterly pointless.