Goemon

Devil May Cry 5

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/09/07/diving-deep-into-devil-may-cry-5-with-game-designer-hideaki-itsuno/

Q: What’s been the experience working on Xbox One X, the most powerful console ever made :)?

A: That’s right, it really is the most powerful hardware on the market. Thanks to that, we had no problems getting 60FPS out on this hardware at 4K. It didn’t take much effort on our part at all. This is the lead platform, whenever we show anything, we show it on [Xbox One X], with reason. It’s such good hardware! *enthusiastic thumbs up*

• Upvote 1

From this Itsuno interview:

I still play a lot of old games at home - I've got an arcade cabinet at home in my living room, and literally straight after this interview I'm heading to Akihabara to see if I can find a Naomi cartridge of Project Justice - it's one of my all-time favourites, and is obviously one of your games. Is Rival Schools something you still hold dear and that you'd like to go back to?

I love Rival Schools! If it was up to me I'd start making Rival Schools 3 right now. By all means, if anyone has any interest in Rival Schools 3, bombard Capcom Europe for a new Rival Schools. I would love to do that. One of my life goals, before I retire, I want to give Batsu and all those characters a proper graduation.

Are there any other games from your past you'd like to return to? I know you've spoken fondly about Dragon's Dogma.

Yeah, just like Rival Schools - Dragon's Dogma 2, give me a way to make it now. If someone would let me, it's what I'd want to do. I already know what the story would be. It's just about convincing people to let me make it. So please bombard Capcom Europe!

• Upvote 1

On 21/09/2018 at 09:44, Boozy The Clown said:

I dont know if this is native or cb 4K but it looks like the X is beginning to deliver on the promises made when it launched.

Forza 7 (closed circuit racer): native 4K60

Forza Horizon 4 (open-world racer): native 4K30

Devil May Cry 5 (traditional action-game): native/cb 4K60

2 hours ago, bumgut said:

can he royal guard?

Can't tell from that video. It's not a very convincing exhibition as the enemies are hardly doing much.

This is more like it. Plenty of Jump/Break/Shuffle cancelling.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ronin said:

Does anyone know if the auto skill system is still in 5? That was a great feature in 4 for a noob like me.

It is. First thing I switched off when playing the Gamescom demo. ;)

2019 is gonna be a hell of a year for great combat systems.

• Upvote 2

It’s not a brilliant demo content wise but it looks and feels quite lovely. It’s Nero with the very basic move set and no exceed level 3. You do get to try two different devil bringers on him though. Those are going to be interesting.  My timing for instant revving after attacks is completely gone and I managed to die on my first attempt at the boss because I’m a an embarrassment to my name and family because he’s super easy and they chuck green orbs at you. 

I was was always going to buy this anyways and this demo has just made me more impatient. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

This, Sekiro and Resi 2 remake out within a couple of months of each other. Good times.

*erection noise*

1 hour ago, DC said:

*erection noise*

yours makes a noise?

well jel.

anyway, i was always on board with this game and always will be - it was my fave reveal of e3 etc.

but - while the demo was super polished and incredible looking, it is more of the same. i don’t think i was expecting any more, but i do think that actually going hands on at long last has diminished the lustre and prestige of the game a bit.