Goemon

Devil May Cry 5

Looks like you’re playing Nero again at least initially.

You will notice that he no longer has his demon arm but some kind of robotic arm. Pretty strong speculation points to

Vergil cutting it off

• Upvote 2

This looked super bizarre, like it's so western-looking, like a cross between Dmc and DmC.

That said, I'm impressed, probably because I had incredibly low expectations from Capcom after some of their recent games.

Wasn't convinced by my first look at the trailer then I watched it again and realized that at one point Nero is surfing on his own rocket arm. Then I was sold. 

• Upvote 4

Quite liked the juxtaposition of Microsoft announcing the acquisition of Ninja Theory to rapturous applause, only to be followed ten minutes later by Capcom shitting on them from a great height and suggesting that DMC never existed. I'm sure Phil was pleased that he invited them on.

• Upvote 2

I'd have been massively impressed by the sheer balls of Capcom if they'd revealed DmC 2. My respect for them would have increased a hundredfold - and that's barely Nero, it's DmC's Dante with a touch of spraypaint. I was glancing at the trailer side on initially, and I was sure that it was Kat driving the van at first.

Looking forward to it. Not as much as I'd have been looking forward to DmC 2, but still.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Goemon said:

You will notice that he no longer has his demon arm but some kind of robotic arm. Pretty strong speculation points to

Reveal hidden contents

Vergil cutting it off

Could be the vessel for his wife.

• Upvote 5

Not sure about the art style, but it's made by Itsuno so it'll probably play like a dream. Need to see some uncut fighting and comboing though.

2 hours ago, Smitty said:

Great that its back with Capcom but the new art style looks terrible. How disappointing. 

Not a fan of it either, but if it translates into more sales, I say: let 'em.

Just now, Professor Puzzles said:

Yep, and those are some quintessentially British Keep Left signs!

Haha exactly when I clicked the notification and read your post the Xbox DMC5 announcement trailer came on youtube. Spooky. And yup that's deffo Londinium.

• Upvote 1

Looks like they kept the old characters but gave them and the game the style of the reboot to appeal to both fanbases.

I loved the reboot, and this still looks interesting.  Wasn't a fan of the original series at all.  (I know, controversial opinion, but it's just personal taste really.)

So I'm liking how DMC5 is looking so far.  Hopefully the story isn't overly complicated for newcomers, because I never really cared to follow the story until the reboot.  I always found the original series a bit too over-the-top for my taste, and kinda cheesy.  But I guess that was its thing.  It's just not my thing.

I'm glad they've found a middle-ground.  OG fans always seem to be ticked off about every little change, though.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Vemsie said:

Combat looks superb.

Enjoyed that video

Its a MASSIVELY unrecognised and under appreciated side of the work - the combat. I don’t think people realise the effort that goes into making something like this.

For all all the progress the West have made with games over the years, they STILL can’t do combat anywhere near as well as the Japanese.

• Upvote 2

I dunno man, I'm finding it hard to get excited.  Not helped by the weird uncanny-valley look with that weird mouth movement.  It just looks like more of the same.  Again!  I'd much rather these guys actually got to make a new IP - even in the same genre!

I wish Itsuno was making another Dragon's Dogma to be honest, but I'm pleased to have more Devil May Cry.

I don't even mind the art style, really, but then I'm one of those people that enjoyed DmC.

• Upvote 1

Haven’t seen the sony show yet- this was my new product announce of E3 so far.

Those bitching about the art direction changes (not so much here but in other places I saw), need to get with the program.

Dat photogrammetry.

Dat facial animation.

Dat theme song.

Can’t wait!

• Empathy 1

2 hours ago, robdood said:

I dunno man, I'm finding it hard to get excited.  Not helped by the weird uncanny-valley look with that weird mouth movement.  It just looks like more of the same.  Again!  I'd much rather these guys actually got to make a new IP - even in the same genre!

Considering the genre has about two franchises left (this and Bayo) it's great news for fans, who don't have many of these games to play,  and considering DMC is a name that sells, I can see why they went for a sequel instead of a new IP.

Sure, but I didn't see much in there that I haven't already done.  

That's all, and I love CHARACTER ACTION as much as the next guy!