Dying Light 2

Nespresso

11 minutes ago, Strafe said:

PS5 players - any interesting haptics and trigger stuff?

Tigger stuff no

Not haptic specific (I think) but during tense scenes your controller vibrates like the characters stressed heartbeat

My copy has been delivered and one thing I've noticed is that there seems to be no HDR on the SX. No HDR flag when I boot up the game and the Instant Game Response doesn't trigger Game mode on my CX. I thought it might be something I'm doing but Quick Resuming the last game I was playing and the HDR flag appears and Game mode is activated. Seems strange that no HDR for me.

Checking Reddit and it seems no HDR on PS5 or SX at all. I can live with the 1080P but no HDR is just an odd choice.

Edited by sofasurfer

Are there still air drops in this? It’s set 15 years after the first game, so I imagine there’s no one left to do the dropping, but I loved that mechanic in the first game. 

And apparently you can no longer repair weapons at all. Is that as annoying as it sounds?

28 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Those with next gen consoles and the game - how to play? 4k or 1080p60 or 1080p30 with ray tracing?

Is the 30fps awful?

1080p/60. Both the other 2 are painful to play @30fps.

17 minutes ago, Mr.Crowley said:

When your weapon is almost broken, the controller feels like it's about to break too. It's neat and weird.

That sounds pretty cool. Unless your controller is actually about to break

5 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Are there still air drops in this? It’s set 15 years after the first game, so I imagine there’s no one left to do the dropping, but I loved that mechanic in the first game. 

And apparently you can no longer repair weapons at all. Is that as annoying as it sounds?

There are plenty of weapons to find.

25 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

No air drops after a couple of hours.

So for can't repair weapons - but weapons/materials seem a lot more plentiful, so it's not as annoying when something good breaks.

Cheers sidequest spoiler

Spoiler

Julian didn't weasel out of it then. Opps.

Oh that's a bug/poor design (Cheers side quest spoilers)

Spoiler

You're told water might be poisoned and given two objectives

1) Find someone who's drunk the water

2) Go to water supplier to find out what's up

They are numbered, but there's no real hint you should do one before the other.

If you go to source first you find out the water isn't poisoned, but has Zombie in. Due to a choice the mission can end here.

But then the quest is complete - you can't track the other objective.

The marker i still on map though - and if you go to it, you try to save the person from poison water. He only drank a bit, might be fine etc. No mention of it being ZOMBIFIYING etc

Enjoying it and it’s early days but so far it hasn’t got the gritty real world feel of Harran and the zombies are bit players to the humans. Not keen on the new night mechanic either.

The game isn’t unenjoyable, but it’s certainly very shonky. Crashes and sound issues aside, I just fought a guy who used about three different accents during our fight, all different from the one he used in our prior conversation 🤣

Just now, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

I'm 10 hours in and haven't found a single ranged weapon. Am I missing something? Gagging for a bow of some sort. I can even craft arrows.

I read a review that said after 30 odd hours it was melee only. So I guess it’s that way for some time (if not ever). 

On 04/02/2022 at 17:26, Nathan Wind said:

This is great, I can’t remember the last time I spent all day playing a game that wasn’t PUBG. One more bug to add to the list. A T-posed dead Z sliding around while buried up to its waist. It was hilarious.

That’s not a bug, that’s how zombies are supposed to die. Haven’t you ever killed a zombie in real life before? Christ. 

The first game was shonky yet greater than the sum of its parts, better than anyone expected and than it had any right to be. This just looks shonky. 

I’ve had multiple audio bugs today on Series X Bbbbbbbrrrrr.

Still not feeling it despite playing all day; too many human quests - go to marker etc. and not enough tense zombie action. 

Also it’s a real extended grind to get the skill tree levelled. I would have preferred the basic parkour stuff to be there from the off; the protagonist has been out in the wilds for years. What was he doing taking scenic walks?

1 hour ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

I'm 10 hours in and haven't found a single ranged weapon. Am I missing something? Gagging for a bow of some sort. I can even craft arrows.

Spoiler

You receive a bow when you get out of the first open world area. I think there's a crossbow too somewhere.

30 minutes ago, Dave White said:

so figured it out, performance mode is runs at 1080p, on a 75 inch 4k tv it just looks bloody awful.

Going to grab it on pc instead and flip my xbox copy

You may be one of the only people experiencing this problem 🤣🤣

I got told off when I bought a 55, 75 must be insane!