Forza Horizon 4 - Open-UK Racing

33 minutes ago, Ry said:

Turn the music settings off in game and load up Spotify to play in background. 

Or go old school and just use your CD or record player :)

Hmm... didn’t think of that as I never usually play music through a games console but that’s probably the best compromise available. Would be cool to get it integrated with the radio chatter and stuff though.

50 minutes ago, Ry said:

Turn the music settings off in game and load up Spotify to play in background. 

Or go old school and just use your CD or record player :)

You cant turn music off fully which is annoying. I play Spotify in the background but it's an annoyance having to cycle the radio to off every time I start an event.

18 hours ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Ahhhh never knew that... that'll save loads of time for the barn finds, glad I popped in the thread.

Fired it up on the Series X last night and wasn't expecting to be as good as it was, and it was pretty special on the One X as it was.

Tbh, try not to use the drones for barn finds, none of them take long and you missed the chance to just go hog wild with a good 4x4.

Now the treasure hunts on Storm Island... some of them just make no sense without it.

I did a couple yesterday and it was quite fun just zooming around the environment with the drone, shame it doesn't go treetop height and have a video mode, after watching some of the excellent drone footage in some of the episodes of top gear quite fancied giving it a go.

I've only managed to find one of the barns. What do they look like? If there are a load of trees I'll just head for the thickest part and hope for the best. There was a train yard and I reckon there's one there. It does get you off the beaten path and exploring though. 

3 minutes ago, Vimster said:

I've only managed to find one of the barns. What do they look like? If there are a load of trees I'll just head for the thickest part and hope for the best. There was a train yard and I reckon there's one there. It does get you off the beaten path and exploring though. 

Like a sort of semi-circular corrugated iron air raid shelter.  The train yard is hot.....

Just hit Level 20 and yes this opens right up. It threw all this Horizon Life/Forzathon stuff at me, and now I have another metric ton of menus to wade through. It's a shame you can't click on an event and it sets a route to it via that menu. I feel a tad overwhelmed again but I think it hit at just the right time as I was getting a bit bored of zooming about and doing the occasional race.

One thing that was very much apparent though was the emphasis on doing stuff with friends, grouping up and all that. I've never been the sort to have a group of regular gaming friends and I do slightly resent the fact that a lot of big games today really push that whole co-op/clan/group stuff. Yes I can do this stuff solo but it feels like this was MP first, solo second.

16 hours ago, Marlew said:

In summary, the Series X version has lower quality visuals than the One X, but at higher resolution and frame rate.

Its more that a couple of effects are not on in the series version, it’s not lower quality visuals all round - I love how DF have emailed the devs to let them know incase it was oversights and they just need to turn them back on!!

Tried to play this tonight with friends in a convoy for the first time. Got everyone in but no matter what race event the host chose, it would just timeout on ‘allocating server’ - happened all night. Thankfully we just set waypoints and raced, was a great laugh. 

is that a common problem?

the only thing I can think of is the host and one other player hadn’t fully played through the opening seasons. If I tried to host a convoy they’d get an error about completing something.. can’t recall what. So im Hoping it’ll work when they get the opening section out of the way?

Any idea what today’s update was about?

Im loving this, I love FH games generally and get very addicted to the challenges so while for some all the stuff can be overwhelming it’s heaven for me!

I hadn’t played FH4 before so totally blown away with the graphics and the 60fps, makes FH3 hard to play mind... I did just have a moment where it told me I needed to be on expert just as I picked a 911 to do a race in the wet, my word that was hard just to get round corners and 9th place was a struggle but loads of fun!

Still all about my car(ish)

spacer.png

I have FH4 through Gamepass & absolutely love it so I am wanting to trade in some MS points toward the Ultimate bundle.  Can I do that though without actually owning the base game except via my Gamepass sub?

Cheers in advance.

On 19/11/2020 at 21:18, Waggo said:

I have FH4 through Gamepass & absolutely love it so I am wanting to trade in some MS points toward the Ultimate bundle.  Can I do that though without actually owning the base game except via my Gamepass sub?

Cheers in advance.

Remember to buy the base game before it leaves game pass in about 18 months though otherwise you'll obviously lose access to that DLC.

As expected, much faster load times and quick resume have absolutely transformed this game for me. Now I just load it up on a whim and end up having fun for an hour as it's so addictive. Then I can stop again and play other stuff, knowing that the Series X is always just 10 seconds away from dropping me right back into Forza

9 minutes ago, fattakin said:

Can’t see FH4 ever leaving tho?

They do. However they have huge discount on the games before they remove them. FH4 has been on sale a few times for £15. Picked it up once because I know it will leave GamePass shortly after new Forza Horizon gets released.

2 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

The Lego DLC which is currently on sale is amazing, so joyful!

One thing I couldn’t work out with they was where all the Lego cars are. I got the Mini you start with but then couldn’t see how you buy or win more.