rllmuk
djbhammer

Forza Horizon 4 - Open-UK Racing

Due to the rewards I've accumulated, I've managed to get this for a little over £3. Bought two x £5.00 Microsoft store vouchers on the rewards section (they're currently 20% off) plus the gamepass discount brings it down to 13 pounds something. Quite happy with that.

And it's looking to be a great expansion, not far into it yet but what I have played has been very impressive. The introductory race is quite spectacular and I'm looking forward to getting stuck right into it this evening. I'd kind of drifted away from FH4 over the last 6-12 months and went back to mostly playing Forza 7 for my car based entertainment (I've always preferred the more disciplined version of the Forzas) but this looks like it's going to be glorious fun.

Is the previous island based expansion any good?

Fortune Island is brilliant for just razzing about in a beefed up rally car. It appears a bit bland on the surface but it has some amazing tracks. I love just switching all the hud off and going for a tear up around it.

• Upvote 3

Drinking beer and racing in LEGO Valley, good times

f40airport.thumb.jpg.1aeff6353e63049eca3b096bf4037f18.jpg

Been working on blinging my Lego F40 up, but I dont know if I have the chops for it (first time) but I find it relaxing and I really love these Lego cars. Trying to find out how to work with different layers.

f40black1.thumb.jpg.739a9baf47a58c860a2156ce2711b8ac.jpg

f40black2.thumb.jpg.eb4fedebe3a725e4a4035f5907037d0f.jpg

miniblue1.thumb.jpg.109e058ab445c535a920390cd3d9ddde.jpg

(shots from 1080p screen, supersampled 4K@30)

• Upvote 7

Bought the Lego expansion to play with my 7 year old.

So far (after the spectacular opening) a bit underwhelmed. 

Can an you make all the other cars Lego cars? As otherwise feels very similar to normal Forza - bar the Lego car you are driving. I wanted to be in a completely Lego world - and the real cars really take you out of it.

Thanks ... I never really delve into the Forza menus (because they seem sooo complicated).

There is a Lego themed race in the blueprint bit - but I want nothing but Lego cars in my Lego open world - is there an easy way to do this? Sorry for being thick.

When you start a race choose blue print on the left of the race picture. RB manufacturer Lego Speed Champions choose car. Create blueprint. Huzzah

You can also choose season weather and others once more profficient. 

Just try it out it's fairly simple. You can even give the race a funny name. 

• Upvote 2

Does anyone know where there are tables to smash? There’s a quest requiring you to smash a cumulative total of 100 tables and so far I’ve got two and I don’t recall smashing into them.

7 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

Does anyone know where there are tables to smash? There’s a quest requiring you to smash a cumulative total of 100 tables and so far I’ve got two and I don’t recall smashing into them.

I think there are tables in the Stunt Park on the decking.

Northbound danger sign. 3 stars. In winter. Help me. I've tried all sorts of cars and can't get close to the 700+ feet required.

Edit: never mind. Done it. Hyper cars are fucking rubbish to play with, in the snow they're even worse.

So LEGO's not all that great then, is it? The map's great, but 3 new cars?  Seems somewhat stingy given it cost more than the entirety of Hollow Knight... 

What it has done is get me and a few mates back into the sublime main game, which continues to be one of the best exclusives of the generation. If we were in Pipe Dream territory I'd love Next Gen Horizon to comprise of a kind of Master Chief collection Horizon game. Give me 4's multiplayer option on 2 or 3's map and I'd be a very happy chap indeed. 

Its one of my favourite things about Forza Horizon, ever.

The best way to get the expansion is to buy the ultimate add-on which is 35 pounds if you have game pass, I wouldnt have bought any of them separately.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/forza-horizon-4-ultimate-add-ons-bundle/9p7jj1fkqwxh?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

There are 4 LEGO cars I think, one is hidden in a barn until youve built your house sufficiently. I think its a F1 car by the looks of it, but Ive yet to find out as its taking ages to repair it.

The Hoonigan Gymkhana, when perked up, is brilliant.  The multiplier builds up three times as fast, and can go all the way to 7.  It also slips into a drift very easily indeed.

I used to hang around the dunes of Bamburgh beach and rack up 20 skill points, but the lego flower fields are just as good, without the danger of overturning the car.

9 hours ago, bum said:

The Hoonigan Gymkhana, when perked up, is brilliant.  The multiplier builds up three times as fast, and can go all the way to 7.  It also slips into a drift very easily indeed.

I used to hang around the dunes of Bamburgh beach and rack up 20 skill points, but the lego flower fields are just as good, without the danger of overturning the car.

In a weird coninkydink I chucked a loaded of points into this same car last night. It's a stupid amount of fun.

Can someone tell me if I'm being dim? I want that fucking car at 80% reward of Seasonal activities done. I've done 11 of the 13 things required which, according to Google (because I'm stupid and can't remember GCSE maths), is 84.6% of the activities. The game is telling me I've only done 78%. What?

10 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

The don't all equal the same percentage. You probably need the last 20 point forzathon which may not yet be available. 

The skills daily challenge? I've done all of those. Well all the ones on the festival playlist.