rllmuk
djbhammer

Forza Horizon 4 - Open-UK Racing

Should've unlocked at 6pm. Though perhaps not instantly for everyone at the same time they said on the stream.

There was already a 5.4gb Speed Champions file in there when I checked yesterday, but when I just tried to launch the game it is now downloading another 8.2gb update  :unsure:

• Empathy 1

On 11/06/2019 at 14:42, MattyP said:

Depends what you are after though.... Thought I'd really enjoy 4 being set in the UK and everything. However I spent much more time on 2. Just love the location - gave me that blue-skies arcade racing more than anything else recently. I also liked that it was more focused than 4. 4 feels like a mess of things in comparison. 

However 4 does have one thing over every other version. 1080p@60fps on the X. Just that makes it special IMHO. Really find it hard to play FHs at 30fps now that I have played at that frame rate. 

Each entry has had a less focused structure than the last I find. Wirhin an hour in 4 you've got a plethora of cars and have seen everything the game is going to do, really. The first one was the most satisfying in that sense for me, I do love the environment in 4 however and the general gameplay is fantastic fun. 

This dlc has informed me of the existence of the Lego Speed Champions so now I want to buy some of those. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Dudley said:

You do yes.

If the promotion goes back the other way and they release some FH4 themed Speed Champions Lego set I might just get a little excited :omg:

• Upvote 1

Had a quick go with my son earlier and many grins and giggles were had, I need to get the Lego F40 as I have that very car sat on my desk. Seems to be a lot to do in Lego Valley too. 

I love FH4, but it feels as if there are far fewer cars on the roads in free roam than there were in its predecessors.

1 hour ago, bum said:

I love FH4, but it feels as if there are far fewer cars on the roads in free roam than there were in its predecessors.

Playing in solo mode increases the traffic.

4 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Playing in solo mode increases the traffic.

I only ever play in solo mode.

It's not like there are no other cars, but I used to love driving on the wrong side of the highway in FH2 and weaving in and out of cars.  I've never quite had the same sensation in FH4.

7 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Guys I'm not so sure that Sony won E3 because I'm playing LEGO Forza and it's utterly, utterly, utterly awesome. 

Is... everything awesome?

• Upvote 2

It’s certainly awesome, however I’m not keen on there being real cars driving about next to Lego ones, and seeing your human avatar stand next to your Lego car is odd. It would’ve been amazing if the Lego map was exclusively Lego. 

Hopefully there’s a good amount of Lego cars to unlock as I’ve only just got the F40. 

It would also have been nice if Radio Awesome featured Batman’s  song from the first Lego Movie!

• Empathy 1

53 minutes ago, StoooTube said:

It’s certainly awesome, however I’m not keen on there being real cars driving about next to Lego ones, and seeing your human avatar stand next to your Lego car is odd. It would’ve been amazing if the Lego map was exclusively Lego. 

Hopefully there’s a good amount of Lego cars to unlock as I’ve only just got the F40. 

It would also have been nice if Radio Awesome featured Batman’s  song from the first Lego Movie!

I was disappointed when I realised all the other cars in a race were proper cars. Lego versions would be amazing.

• Upvote 1

Felt good beating the "real" cars in my Lego Mini though! No complaints about this DLC, exactly what I expected, and that they added a radio station with Everything Is Awesome on continual loop has me humming it this morning, bastards!

3 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

I was disappointed when I realised all the other cars in a race were proper cars. Lego versions would be amazing.

The expansion is an advertisement for the Speed Champions range so there's no chance you'll see Lego versions of cars they aren't selling. Having said that the Lego F40 looks a lot better in yellow than red.