rllmuk
djbhammer

Forza Horizon 4 - Open-UK Racing

This isn't bad, but I don't get the praise, to be honest. It's... basically the last game, but with an actual good PC version this time. The seasons thing is a good idea, but then you've got situations where I really don't want to spend a whole week in Winter. There seems to be little point in actually upgrading your car, or moving on to faster vehicles, as the AI opponents generally drive around the same level of car as yourself.

27 minutes ago, Meh said:

There seems to be little point in actually upgrading your car, or moving on to faster vehicles, as the AI opponents generally drive around the same level of car as yourself.

It been like that for a while in both Motorsport and Horizon, hasn't it? I actually prefer it that way, not least because it avoids the Gran Turismo situation where you either had to tune your car to within an inch of its life to be competitive or the slightest upgrade meant you were miles better than the opposition. This way you can upgrade a car to the way you like it and still have a decent race. 

Has anyone played online much? I'm finding I'm virtually done with the single player stuff - though I still need to do most of the Story stuff and Street Scene - so was tempted to try playing online. Something I've never really done in any game before...

3 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

I thought you only got a t-shirt for playing the demo?

I seem to remember you getting a t-shirt for playing up to a certain point in the demo.  The code for the Senna was sent out after the game had been out for a while.

Just did a quick search and found a thread about it on the Forza forums.

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst137572_Senna-for-playing-the-demo.aspx?=

Thank you for playing the Forza Horizon 4 Demo. Ready to jump back in to the Horizon Festival? For playing the Demo, we'd like to thank you with the McLaren Senna, waiting in your Forza Horizon 4 garage after redeeming this code. Redeem on your console or Xbox.com/redeemcode. RHDDH-FTFFW-PQYVF-9G4YQ-7F9XZ

View this message on your console.

Might be two different batches?

Turns out I did get a code, it just happened to be under a stack of messages, which the top one was about free tomb raider stuff, so I have ignored it. I only found it when I looked using the xbox windows app.

I decided to purchase my first car, a Volvo 850 estate. No handling mods but did a RWR conversion and many engine mods so it’s pushing 8-900 bhp. 

Its  hilarious. 

3 hours ago, Oracle said:

I decided to purchase my first car, a Volvo 850 estate. No handling mods but did a RWR conversion and many engine mods so it’s pushing 8-900 bhp. 

Its  hilarious. 

The best thing about GT3 was hooning the Volvo estate around the rally tracks. There's some stupid videos on YouTube of modded Volvo's doing stupid burnouts and skids which are always entertaining.

Have a castle and all barn finds now. I'm now working towards getting six million to get the Maserati to get the MC12 FE. looking on YouTube, the quickest ways to do this are to game the system a bit. You either play the auction house or spam perk points for build up cash. Or both.

1 hour ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Careful on the bend right by the cliff edge. 

3F08B192-00D3-41C6-A3E6-FEE9CD93E948.thumb.jpg.29312bed77582866e2f294fb4ae53fe5.jpg

That's going to be a fucking drift zone isn't it, the fact he mentions drifting in the trailer makes me worry this DLC is going to be full of them. Looks good though, like a bigger Storm Island.

One of the last ones I found was just a farm yard. I only found it because I lost control, flew off the road and went through it sideways. 

As a little tip if you're scouring the map: I found it much easier to see the grey bits on my LCD TV than my plasma. 

3 hours ago, Dudley said:

I've got 1.

I have literally no idea where it could be.

Just use the map; in travelled roads won’t be highlighted or will be a different colour depending on whether it’s a main road or not

2 hours ago, DNStuff said:

Just use the map; in travelled roads won’t be highlighted or will be a different colour depending on whether it’s a main road or not

This is not my first rodeo.

But I've been over it. A lot. It's going to be 1 pixel, probably against the wrong colour background somewhere stupid.

You've a better chance of finding them in summer or spring as they stand out against the background of the map better. Weirdly my achievement for getting every road popped up at 529 when the actual number is 531. Got them all now more by chance than judgement. 

Holy shit. Winter doesn't just suddenly become Spring, the snow actually thaws out!?! This is such a bloody brilliant game.

Edit: Or am I just going mad? I swear that it was thawing out but now it's started snowing again and it's all white!