rllmuk
djbhammer

Forza Horizon 4 - Open-UK Racing

Bugs, bugs, bugs.

I've never had a skill song, I've played for hours and hours since buying the Huntsman Lodge. Got all houses except the two castles.

I unlocked the "drive all roads" achievement at 529/531 - I then found another for 530/531, but I've no idea if there's another road or if the counter is busted.

I can't select any mastery things on my FE vw camper van. I've only got 1 more to select, and 50+ points, but I can't move the cursor from the top left. Any other car works fine.

This is so disappointingly and uncharacteristically unpolished for a Forza.

Definitely agree on the lack of polish. The short draw distance on some of the scenery is quite distracting as well. Hopefully it'll all be fixed before too long.

That said, I don't know if it's the handling or the road layout, but just driving around feels much more satisfying than before.

1 hour ago, TehStu said:

Bugs, bugs, bugs.

I've never had a skill song, 

I unlocked the "drive all roads" achievement at 529/531 - I then found another for 530/531, but I've no idea if there's another road or if the counter is busted

I've had a few skill songs. I wonder if you need to set the Lodge as your home to get them or something like that?

I also got the achievement at 529, it's fairly well known. I've since managed to get all 531 roads. My last one was a really short road in Edinburgh where I'd clearly driven past both ends of it, but not down it, since there was about three pixels of grey half way down it. There are also a couple of really annoying ones where the road is essentially the driveway of a farm.

6 hours ago, TehStu said:

Bugs, bugs, bugs.

I've never had a skill song, I've played for hours and hours since buying the Huntsman Lodge. Got all houses except the two castles.

I unlocked the "drive all roads" achievement at 529/531 - I then found another for 530/531, but I've no idea if there's another road or if the counter is busted.

I can't select any mastery things on my FE vw camper van. I've only got 1 more to select, and 50+ points, but I can't move the cursor from the top left. Any other car works fine.

This is so disappointingly and uncharacteristically unpolished for a Forza.

I'm getting a lot of enjoyment from it, but it really is a shoddy piece of software. As has been said, it is particularly noticeable because they have a history of not being so.

I've had plenty of skill songs and the only bugs I've experienced are those that happened in FH3 as well. After loading and driving for the first time the game shudders to a halt for a few seconds before sorting itself out and if fine for the rest of the game. I've also decided to do the Hourly Forzathon instead of the weekly this week. 30 Forzathon points for at most 10 minutes gameplay is a lot easier and more enjoyable than grinding millions of skill points.

I guess it's just bugged then, will wait for a fix. I should look to see if they have a public bug tracker, it get it reported. I think I'm at 21 hours now, I should have seen a skill song. 

It's still immensely enjoyable, despite all that, but I may look at those timed Forzathons. The skill points one hasn't been too bad in the VW van FE, but they're still an hour or so a week of essentially farming mastery points, and that get old quickly.

Found the Peel last night, the kids are going to love that one.

45 minutes ago, TehStu said:

I guess it's just bugged then, will wait for a fix. I should look to see if they have a public bug tracker, it get it reported. I think I'm at 21 hours now, I should have seen a skill song. 

It's still immensely enjoyable, despite all that, but I may look at those timed Forzathons. The skill points one hasn't been too bad in the VW van FE, but they're still an hour or so a week of essentially farming mastery points, and that get old quickly.

Found the Peel last night, the kids are going to love that one.

Most fun I've had for a while is taking the Morris minor to 900+. It is basically a rocket ship on wheels. It literally wheelies everywhere. However, do a cult classics race and all of the other cars are powered up too. I spent a couple of minutes watching a peel attempt to make it through the checkpoints, and failing miserably. I've also managed to use the Morris to do a couple of manoeuvres that require huge wheelies.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Which radio station are you listening to? I stick to Pulse and skill songs show up all the time.

Timeless FM. That's a good point, I'll try some others. Quietly pootling around the countryside to Clare De Lune is my jam, though.

1 hour ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

You don't have to live in Huntsman's lodge to get skill songs.

You do; the perk is described in the houses' description. Then it won't matter what radio station you listen to; in fact, the classical station is better as the song lasts longer

27 minutes ago, DNStuff said:

You do; the perk is described in the houses' description. Then it won't matter what radio station you listen to; in fact, the classical station is better as the song lasts longer

You have to buy it, but you don't have to set it as your house - I'm live in the beach house and have skills songs.  

Agreed that Timeless will give the longest skills songs.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

You have to buy it, but you don't have to set it as your house - I'm live in the beach house and have skills songs.  

Agreed that Timeless will give the longest skills songs.

Yes that's right. Sorry I thought it meant you didn't have to buy it to have skill songs active.

I S1'd the VW camper van and it's got 3x quicker multiply, multiplier to x6, more points from combo skils and lasts one second longer perks which is bonkers so I've just been doing races and hooning around the railyard and the open space just north west of the quarry which has loads of tree stumps and whatnot to get shitloads if combos.

Had a go on this for the first time in a couple of days. It's had a patch recently, right? It now has much longer load times, especially when you roll your car and the textures are all messed up - I'm getting the low detail ones up close. Weird.

18 hours ago, Dudley said:

Five fucking million?

They know this isn't fun right? They must do.

Amen. I put FH3 on earlier to see what their Forzathon was like and can confirm these things did used to be about fun.

*pick scrape*

Spoiler

mirthmobile.jpg.93ae552df85b93e333a91680f1b0c460.jpg

4 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

I S1'd the VW camper van and it's got 3x quicker multiply, multiplier to x6, more points from combo skils and lasts one second longer perks which is bonkers so I've just been doing races and hooning around the railyard and the open space just north west of the quarry which has loads of tree stumps and whatnot to get shitloads if combos.

19 hours ago, Dudley said:

Five fucking million?

They know this isn't fun right? They must do.

Yeah, the maxed out camper van is quite something.

Best spot for me is that heather moorland near the wind turbines, loads of air but very little chance of rolling it along with plenty of wreckage potential made racking up the points relatively painless. There’s only a few trees and the turbines to avoid too. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

That sounds like the best bet for this week’s XP grind amirite?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pob said:

I'd say so. I got the double tap skill that's 25 points as I kept crunching into things but after that I got it pretty easy.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Pob said:

Absolutely, it's made it fun, although I've rolled it a few times and lost a depressing amount of points. But I don't like the task in general, it's going to be dull as dishwater in most cases.

By the way, the intro is A Moment Apart by ODESZA. Lad sat there watching and watching the intro so just bought it for him.

• Upvote 1

Getting skill songs has helped, found myself by the viaduct when one came on and diving off the top of the hill near there and just driving did me well.

I was in a Harry Potter spec Ford Anglia, not the van though.

This is the first time the Skills Points event has felt like a proper grind. Really didn't enjoy doing it. Maybe should have got myself a VW Camper...

The Daredevil skills were a doddle, though. If you're offline, the drivatars hang around in groups of three, so it took a couple of minutes...

On 25/10/2018 at 23:56, nakamura said:

Went back tonight and after again being blown away by the visuals I got bored. It just feels like a tick box exercise in one off races. No character, no sense of place. It's a weak single player structure. 

I never did try online which I'm sure is amazing but I won't be renewing game pass for it. Shame. I loved this series.

My Game Pass is coming up for renewal but going to re-sub for 3 months again because I've actually liked all content I've had over 3 months and well still haven't spent the price of one game on Game Pass yet!!! Seems to suit the way I want to play games these days and there is enough choice on there!

Really enjoy FH4 when I play and its great that its just another option.... Not sure really what they can do really to improve it?  Think if they deviate too much from what has gone before it could potentially flop which is a huge risk given the investment here... Think they Playground have done a great job.... single player has suffered a bit but its a great go-to game for blasting around in for a couple of hours at a time. Really there is no equal in the AAA arcade racer segment of the games market at the moment.

4 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

The Daredevil skills were a doddle, though. If you're offline, the drivatars hang around in groups of three, so it took a couple of minutes...

How do you do this? I went up and down the length of the motorway in the Jag but barely passed a single car. Couldn't see an offline menu option.

34 minutes ago, ChrisN said:

My addiction to buying cars in the auction is now at the point where I spent a lunch break writing an app to help me keep track of what I still need. If that's something you might find useful too it's at https://fh4.ooer.com/

I tried doing this. Problem is, it takes so long to select a car from the auction and then place a bid that it's difficult to find an interesting car and place one. I did once get a bid in with < 1 min left, but was outbid. Not sure if someone had a faster loading device than me, but yeah, I guess I won't be auction sniping on the original xb1.