IGNORED

Forza Horizon 4 - Open-UK Racing

djbhammer

16 minutes ago, JPL said:

Also, how am I supposed to drift? Yet again, absolutely no tutorial or explanation. I ended up quitting out and going to some rally event instead.

Tap A while turning to do an E-Brake drift, or some cars can do it based on just tapping the brakes while turning depending on their handling.

7 minutes ago, nakamura said:

Difficulty and assists. You won't fail to be able to drift. 

Thanks. I’ll have another look.

5 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

Tap A while turning to do an E-Brake drift, or some cars can do it based on just tapping the brakes while turning depending on their handling.

Thought so. Maybe it wasn’t working because traction control was still on.

10 minutes ago, Dimahoo said:

Has anyone tried a meet other users to race yet...or can that not be done?

I've not checked the PVP options.

Also....blueprints can now be set up for one make races...which is cool. Forget if you could do that before.

The only multiplayer I have done so far is a couple of Forzathon live events, plus a seasonal co-op championship, 6 players vs 6 drivatars, was fun.

29 minutes ago, Dimahoo said:

Has anyone tried a meet other users to race yet...or can that not be done?

I've not checked the PVP options.

Also....blueprints can now be set up for one make races...which is cool. Forget if you could do that before.

I've done one of the showcases in co-op with a random but that's it. Most races I've attempted to do with other players have resulted in no players being found.

But I'd quite like to drive around with other mukkers. I'd assumed the Club system would be the mechanism for us all to do that but nope - clubs are literally just scoreboards. I still can't believe how redundant they are.

So fellow mukkers, feel free to add me on Xbox Live - Gamertag is Sie - for some hi-jinks.

Yeah, by using the default Xbox clubs, it's gone backwards in terms of functionality. FH3 clubs felt like they delivered on what Driveclub was trying to achieve. This, disappointing by comparison.

I love spring. I'm not 100% sure why, but everything looks perfect being slightly damp and drizzly, while raining. 

26 minutes ago, Sie said:

I've done one of the showcases in co-op with a random but that's it. Most races I've attempted to do with other players have resulted in no players being found.

But I'd quite like to drive around with other mukkers. I'd assumed the Club system would be the mechanism for us all to do that but nope - clubs are literally just scoreboards. I still can't believe how redundant they are.

So fellow mukkers, feel free to add me on Xbox Live - Gamertag is Sie - for some hi-jinks.

It's more like the opposite. There aren't any leaderboards in the club, but you can organise gaming sessions with other club members thorough the "Multiplayer" tab. 

41 minutes ago, Sie said:

Nope.  Clubs are for sharing LFG posts these days. Select a time that suits you, # of players, mike required etc and off you go.

@JPL drifting is what you do all the time if you don't want to do so, and what I find it much harder to do purposefully in drift zones - turning off traction control, selecting a RWD car, and, ideally, having a wet surface is the way to success.

4 minutes ago, Wallace said:

It's more like the opposite. There aren't any leaderboards in the club, but you can organise gaming sessions with other club members thorough the "Multiplayer" tab. 

Hmm. Maybe its different on PC?

This is all I see on the Club Tab...

fnzQQy2.jpg

A leaderboard, a HUGE panel in the middle that opens the Xbox app on PC which just lists some basic info about the club (can't actually use it to join club members) and a panel to search for other clubs to join. The scoreboard stuff I mentioned is to do with speedtrap scores etc - I have it set to compare against other club members.

The "multiplayer" tab you mentioned - which one is that? All I can do is invite people on my friends list. There isn't a way to interact with anyone in the club from inside the game from what I can see on PC.

In other news, I'm seriously tempted by the Ultimate version of the game. I'm just playing it via Game Pass for now and, at around level 21, feel like I could do with some more cash. VIP on its one might be sensible but I can see myself wanting the expansions when they land too.

Just now, Sie said:

Hmm. Maybe its different on PC?

This is all I see on the Club Tab...

Hide contents

fnzQQy2.jpg

A leaderboard, a HUGE panel in the middle that opens the Xbox app on PC which just lists some basic info about the club (can't actually use it to join club members) and a panel to search for other clubs to join. The scoreboard stuff I mentioned is to do with speedtrap scores etc - I have it set to compare against other club members.

The "multiplayer" tab you mentioned - which one is that? All I can do is invite people on my friends list. There isn't a way to interact with anyone in the club from inside the game from what I can see on PC.

In other news, I'm seriously tempted by the Ultimate version of the game. I'm just playing it via Game Pass for now and, at around level 21, feel like I could do with some more cash. VIP on its one might be sensible but I can see myself wanting the expansions when they land too.

The huge button that opens the xbox app should take you to the Clubs page which has multiplayer, chat, feed for sharing photos etc. And a roster of who's online doing what. 

Has anyone else found that the Showcase Events often give you first place even if you're clearly second? I have finished second in them so I know it's possible to lose but I would say that in all three I've completed, I was clearly not ahead of the other vehicle at the point of crossing the line.

I know they're heavily scripted to provide visual thrills at certain points rather than really being about racing but it seems weird that they fudge the ending so blatantly.

1 hour ago, Majora said:

Has anyone else found that the Showcase Events often give you first place even if you're clearly second? I have finished second in them so I know it's possible to lose but I would say that in all three I've completed, I was clearly not ahead of the other vehicle at the point of crossing the line.

I know they're heavily scripted to provide visual thrills at certain points rather than really being about racing but it seems weird that they fudge the ending so blatantly.

Yeah, I clearly couldn't keep pace with the winter one, but I somehow found loads of extra speed in the last few yards.

I was actually resigned to trying again, when I somehow won. No other straights on the course allowed me to gain on it like that.

9 hours ago, Majora said:

Yep, the hovercraft one and the motorcross bike one. Definitely came second in both (it even came up saying second on that finishing screen), but the map icons show them as being complete and won. 

Has anybody been trying the Forzathon challenges with the Honda NSX? One of the challenges is to win 3 sprint races. I checked online and it is definitely the races that are point to point, but it doesn't count me as having completed the challenge after doing them. 

Are you doing Street ones not Road ones?  It says "Street Sprint" which is helpfully terminology used seemingly nowhere else but it means the sprint (point to point) versions of the Street ("illegal") races as opposed to the road ("Officially sanctioned") ones.

9 hours ago, PC Master Race said:

image.png.2ef93bc6bbc71c2f035f38ff67d5988f.png

Yea.. super. That's a hundred spins that could have been something useful like money or cars. Instead I get tacked on dressup shite.

Fucking love the tacked on dressup shite.

And this throws spins at you compared to 2 or 3 so presumably you're still getting the same number of money and cars. Certainly the money prizes in this seem to be much higher, 100k cp used to be the incredibly rare top prize, now >100k is pretty common.

Still having a great time with this. Done a few Forzathons, got the 205 GTi Forza Edition (highly, highly recommended) and used it to pelt around in some big fields for a 280,000 Skill Point score... it's great fun. Really enjoying it.

My mate slightly annoyed me by getting a Maserati 8C on a wheelspin, too. Jammy bastard. Anyhow, finished off the World's Fastest storyline and maxed out the stars, so should be getting a steady trickle of daily credits in as well.

I like the dressing up (at least, trying to dress my avatar as garishly as possibly).

It’s hardly as though the wheelspins aren’t also throwing cars at me faster than I can drive them - so far I think I’ve had to actually buy two, and one of those was the NSX for the forzathon challenge.

1 hour ago, SteveH said:

Yep, the hovercraft one and the motorcross bike one. Definitely came second in both (it even came up saying second on that finishing screen), but the map icons show them as being complete and won. 

Has anybody been trying the Forzathon challenges with the Honda NSX? One of the challenges is to win 3 sprint races. I checked online and it is definitely the races that are point to point, but it doesn't count me as having completed the challenge after doing them. 

Dumb Q but you are doing them in the correct NSX?

2 minutes ago, Plissken said:

Dumb Q but you are doing them in the correct NSX?

Not a dumb question, because I did wonder the same thing myself! But I've done one of the other challenges in the same car so it must be. 

edit: oh well that's bollocks then. Not done the 175mph challenge yet. They really need to hire somebody that can explain this shit clearly in the game. 

I know I keep saying this but the game is absolutely useless at explaining anything to you and it’s stupidly overwhelming with the amount of menus and options there are. Once you’re actually driving it is easily one of the best racers I’ve ever played, but everything else needs a really good stripping back.

As an example I mentioned I tired the first drift event yesterday. The NPC immediately told be to go into the settings to switch traction control off. When I went to have a look though, there isn’t any option for traction control. I’m guessing it’s because the car the game gives you is automatically set to have traction control off. All it does though is confuse things, as I couldn't even check the menus to see where to switch it off, as it was greyed out. Really bad UX design, that needs sorting out.

19 minutes ago, JPL said:

As an example I mentioned I tired the first drift event yesterday. The NPC immediately told be to go into the settings to switch traction control off. When I went to have a look though, there isn’t any option for traction control. I’m guessing it’s because the car the game gives you is automatically set to have traction control off. All it does though is confuse things, as I couldn't even check the menus to see where to switch it off, as it was greyed out. Really bad UX design, that needs sorting out.

TCS and other assists are all in the difficulty settings. 

forza-horizon-4-make-money-fast.jpg

Yeah, I don't know why JPL is having so much trouble, the drift thing is on the controls screen every time you boot the game up, and the game points you to the Difficulty screen pretty early in the game (far earlier than you unlock the Drift Event), and it's the second biggest option on the race screen, right next to the biggest option of "Start Race"

53 minutes ago, stefcha said:

TCS and other assists are all in the difficulty settings. 

forza-horizon-4-make-money-fast.jpg

They’re absolutely not there for that first drift event. Let me go back and take a screen grab to show you.

1 hour ago, SteveH said:

Not a dumb question, because I did wonder the same thing myself! But I've done one of the other challenges in the same car so it must be. 

edit: oh well that's bollocks then. Not done the 175mph challenge yet. They really need to hire somebody that can explain this shit clearly in the game. 

It's an ordered set of panels, shown in stages.

The problem is that it's a UI design they've been using for years, but they've skipped out the bit where they explain Forzathon Weekly events properly to you before you get access to them (I think they're mentioned in passing as part of the Horizon Life video, but only in passing).

Anyone having issues connecting to online side on PC?  Couldn't get a horizon life or adventure to work, was just hanging on finding game.  after going through loads of fixes, found this one to work for me, if anyone else if having problems with online side give it ago.

1. Click Start , type services.msc in Start search box and hit Enter.
2. Right-click the Peer Networking Grouping service and select Properties .
3. Check if the service is started; if not, right-click and select Start .
4. You may also set the Startup type to Automatic under Properties .
5. Click OK .
and restart the computer. if that dosent work. do this to. 
. Run command Prompt as administrator 
2. Type "netsh" and press enter
3. Type "int teredo" and press enter
4. Type "set state disabled" and press enter
5. Type "int ipv6" and press enter
6. Type "set teredo client" and press enter