IGNORED

Forza Horizon 4 - Open-UK Racing

djbhammer

Demo was fun, especially the offroad races. Only niggle was that the time pissing about having your score updated at the end of the race was a bit long and a bit irrritating.

The option of 60fps is lovely and means that, unlike FH3, most of my time will be spent on the Xbox. I wish more games would offer a choice of 60/1080 or 30/4k as i'd take the smoothness over the resolution any day of the week.

1 hour ago, Pug said:

Is this game better with a wheel is it more arcadey like, say Need For Speed?

Already have an awesome stand and wheel for the PS4 but would buy a wheel for the Xbox if it compliments FH4.

Yeah, but much more graceful, nuanced and controlled.

I don't think a PS4 wheel will work. Maybe with a Cronos...i'm out the loop with wheels on consoles so can't recall if the latest Chronos wheel thing works a Ps4 wheel in that way.

2 hours ago, Pug said:

Is this game better with a wheel is it more arcadey like, say Need For Speed?

Already have an awesome stand and wheel for the PS4 but would buy a wheel for the Xbox if it compliments FH4.

To allow you to use your playstation wheel on xbox....obviously check yours is supported, most are i believe!

I bought a drivehub last month, it works fine with the xbox on forza 7 and other games, not all the buttons work on a Thrustmaster T150 but enough to get by. Currently playing f1 2018 on xbox x on the wheel and it plays great.

buy it from here https://collectiveminds.ca/shop/allconsoles/drivehub/

its sent from within the UK so no import tax. Use code GTPLANET10 at checkout to bring it down to £80, i got it 3 days after ordering.

37 minutes ago, Mega CD said:

The most stunning opening to any game I've played. This demo puts to shame most full price games. It's truly incredible and the British setting, well.. its perfect.  

Yep. Was speaking to a German mate whilst I was playing the intro and had to use Google Translate to articulate that it "Looks fucking BEAUTIFUL!"

45 minutes ago, Mega CD said:

The most stunning opening to any game I've played. This demo puts to shame most full price games. It's truly incredible and the British setting, well.. its perfect.  

It's insanely good isn't it, to think you can have it day one for the princely sum of £8 is bonkers.

1 hour ago, Sumire said:

Yeah, it looks nice, I thought the off road bits controlled so good. I do not think I will be getting it though as they all feel too similar now. Generous demo.

Guess you could say that about any AAA release these days... However this does have seasons and a complete new location to be raced in. Oh and its been designed with 4K in mind too... so lots of things here that justify the cost. The fact you can play it for a month for £8 in October on Game Pass is just incredible. 

Just glad games like this are still being made TBH. Seems to a distinct lack of racers this generation compared to last. (other than the Forza series of course!).

I will more than likely try and find a quick 30mins or so to try the demo tonight... I was going to leave it but just intrigued to see how the visuals look on a Horizon game at 4K with HDR  (missed FH3 completely).  Also want to have a quick blast at 1080p/60fps see how it plays! Guessing there aren't too many spoilers in the demo that will ruin my day one experience... (hopefully)....

9 minutes ago, MattyP said:

I will more than likely try and find a quick 30mins or so to try the demo tonight... I was going to leave it but just intrigued to see how the visuals look on a Horizon game at 4K with HDR  (missed FH3 completely).  Also want to have a quick blast at 1080p/60fps see how it plays! Guessing there aren't too many spoilers in the demo that will ruin my day one experience... (hopefully)....

Not really - one novelty event I suppose.  The areas of the map accessible  (in the SW around the festival site and up to D-----t) would only be spoilers if you haven't followed anything at all so far - the most dramatic ones are yet to be revealed.  The demo is stripped of the things which usually stud the map, simply directing you to a series of races of different types (after the 4 season intro), between which you can free-roam and yet your drone on.

2 minutes ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

Not really - one novelty event I suppose.  The areas of the map accessible  (in the SW around the festival site and up to D-----t) would only be spoilers if you haven't followed anything at all so far - the most dramatic ones are yet to be revealed.  The demo is stripped of the things which usually stud the map, simply directing you to a series of races of different types (after the 4 season intro), between which you can free-roam and yet your drone on.

Ah great thanks for the heads up.... 

17 minutes ago, Wallace said:

Am I an idiot for considering the Ultimate Edition despite the fact that I can just play it through gamepass on launch day?:wacko:

Not at all I think that's the beauty of Game Pass, MS at least seem to appreciate that people like to own stuff outright sometimes, have physical versions etc. It's all about choice.  

1 hour ago, Trokie said:

To allow you to use your playstation wheel on xbox....obviously check yours is supported, most are i believe!

I bought a drivehub last month, it works fine with the xbox on forza 7 and other games, not all the buttons work on a Thrustmaster T150 but enough to get by. Currently playing f1 2018 on xbox x on the wheel and it plays great.

buy it from here https://collectiveminds.ca/shop/allconsoles/drivehub/

its sent from within the UK so no import tax. Use code GTPLANET10 at checkout to bring it down to £80, i got it 3 days after ordering.

Cheers for that. I'm not bothered about the cost of buying a new wheel but if I can use the one I already have (T150) then it'll save space. :)

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

It's insanely good isn't it, to think you can have it day one for the princely sum of £8 is bonkers.

On all counts, its bonkers. Can't remember the last time I was so blown away, via just a demo. It's also nice to see what a game developed with the One X totally in mind, looks like. On every level this game is bonkers, but for all the right reasons  

Tried demo last night on PC, looks lush!!  Ralph and his team have really excelled themselves on every level with this.  Visually looks fantastic and far more interesting than FH3.  PC performance is on point this time round!!!  Running a I5-4690K with a GTX 970 and performance is rock Solid 60fps on high settings :D

Challenges seem ok by what i tried of the demo but did not want to spoil it to much. Can`t wait for it on Game Pass next month

Im not really into racing games, but i had to try the demo out...mainly to see blighty lol.

So on pc, i7-4790k, 32gb ram, gtx 1070, it autos to ultra, and flies at 1080p. Turn on the FPS count, and it has a gpu usage as well! only using 50%...0_o ... so up it to 1440p, using about 70% still at ultra.

Stick it to 4k, and then i get some slowdown, top 40's low 50s. So, set it to high , instead, and...well...it runs...at 4k/60 ...these guys are fucking coding wizards!

I knew forza 7 also ran at 4k/60 , but this is open world...how the fuck have they managed that level of optimisation!

If only EVERY game was as well programmed as these are!

3 hours ago, Stanley said:

Is the pass 28 days from buying date or something. Or just until the end of the month?

Only if its the latter, its £3. Game is released on 2nd Oct.

It's £7.99 per month on a rolling basis determined by when you started your sub - so if you joined today you'd be charged £7.99 and then again on the 13th October. You can play Horizon 4 for as long as you want or until they remove it from the service as long as your sub is active.