djbhammer

Forza Horizon 4 - Open-UK Racing

It's quality mode all the way for me. It's so fluid and solid, I had genuinely forgotten it's only 30fps. The best looking game ever made, to my tastes. My new telly does Freesync and I am wowed by it every time I play. This single handedly justifies the One X for me. 

59 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

I'd say try both. The 60fps mode looks noticeably worse than the 4K mode. There's definitely more than a resolution drop in difference.

Yep, feels like there’s more pop in and ground textures are definitely more murky.

I'm loving Fortune Island, almost like it was designed with a Subaru in mind. But hells bells, load times are painful (for the game in general), and I just had the game crash after the engine sound froze for the second time in a few minutes. I should just buy a monster SSD or something.

On 24/12/2018 at 15:34, TehStu said:

I'm loving Fortune Island, almost like it was designed with a Subaru in mind. But hells bells, load times are painful (for the game in general), and I just had the game crash after the engine sound froze for the second time in a few minutes. I should just buy a monster SSD or something.

Yes load times are quite bad.. why I end up playing more often than not on the PC... SSD for the win...

Is there anyway to stay on Fortune Island?  I'm playing that at the moment, having tired of the mainland, but every time I load the game up, I'm back outside my residence on the mainland, which is mildly irritating - seem to remember that in FH2 and 3, when I booted up the game I was still on Storm Island or Blizzard Mountain.  Are there properties on Fortune, or is there some other way of staying there?

Drivatar dupes getting fixed? Finally! You have to wonder if it was a monster bug, it's too game breaking to otherwise leave in the game (unless people seldom play championships).

Speaking of chsmpionships, this week's Old Rivals series top prize is the Hoonigan RS200, basically one of the best cars in the game made better. You have to win the series on Expert difficulty to get it. You have a choice of 2 cars I reccommend the Lancia with added offroad tyres and extended width to get there.

The car you win is fantastic.

RfPTI8Y.jpg

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Speaking of chsmpionships, this week's Old Rivals series top prize is the Hoonigan RS200, basically one of the best cars in the game made better. You have to win the series on Expert difficulty to get it. You have a choice of 2 cars I reccommend the Lancia with added offroad tyres and extended width to get there.

The car you win is fantastic.

Holy fuck, this is hard. At best I'm finishing where I start, unable to close on the front five and at worst I'm in the bottom three!

Is it just me, or is the sound even more buggy these days. Played yesterday for a good half hour where only loading screens had sound. After it crashed, I rebooted and the sound was all over the place - the usual one engine note and some weird things where bump and crash effects would play a couple of seconds after the actual bump or crash

1 hour ago, DC said:

Holy fuck, this is hard. At best I'm finishing where I start, unable to close on the front five and at worst I'm in the bottom three!

Easy on the gas, you'll catch up at corners braking earlier then tapping the throttle rather than flooring it. It took me a good few go's to win.

• Upvote 1

I've completed the Fortune Island DLC now, as much as you can complete it - I've beaten the end races, found all the treasure chests, three stared everything. 

So, full of piss and vinegar, I went back to the mainland and thought "I'll work through the drift challenges, I had very few problems with the Fortune Island ones". Spent about half an hour trying the one closest to where you come back to before rage quitting a few thousand points short of three stars.

• Upvote 2

Yep, the ones in the base game seem a lot harder than in the DLC, and in FH3, I think - partly that you have to be on the road now rather than "just between the flags". That Hoonigan RS200 is fantastic though.

2 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

I have no hope of winning one. Might see if there are any in the auction house

Just switch rewind on. I usually have it turned off and didn’t use it that much on my winning run, but it’s possible.

It's one of the weekly championships. Big red symbol up at Glen Rannoch (north west of mainland). 3 races beat AI cars on expert to win it. Wait for tonight's update to fix a bug that almost had my brother chuck a pad at his OLED.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RubberJohnny said:

Apparently they pulled some of the dances due to Fortnite getting sued.

Phew! No need to panic, my lady can still do the macarena 8-)

Not a winning performance in this attempt, but I have won the races and championship now to get the Hoonigan RS200 beastie, cheers for the heads up @Boozy The Clown

F'ing love racing this route...

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/meatball46/video/67474844

This needs to be added as a mode in the next one.. so tense..

Player in their choice of car tries to blend in with AI traffic as long as possible and make it to an end point while being hunted by other players.

Names are off, damage is on full..

• Upvote 6