djbhammer

Forza Horizon 4 - Open-UK Racing

Bollocks.

He's playing Fortnite on the Switch lately thankfully, so shouldn't be a problem before his Birthday.

I think you can hide those tiles though; might be worth a try. Highlight the tile, press the menu or view button (can't remember which) and there should be a pop up menu allowing you to hide it.

For the first time since GT6, I'm going to pre-order a game. I got £20 credit for my birthday, so I'm going to splurge on the Super Mega Deluxe version. I'll be getting any expansion packs anyway, so I may as well pay up front. 

Hoping there's more of a focus on racing than there was in 3. I've been playing 2 again and it's just a better racing game. Though I still had loads of fun with 3...

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Does Ultimate include the expansions?

Might muck about and get it from another region if so. 

The Ultimate Edition includes:

Car Pass

Day One Car Pass

VIP

Formula Drift Car Pack

Expansion Pack 1

Expansion Pack 2

At £30 more than the standard edition, it seems decent value when you consider the expansions were £16 each for 3.

9 hours ago, Fargo said:

Can 2 be had cheaply anywhere? Preferably digital 

I'm guessing that either 2 or 3 will be included in Game Pass from Tuesday - there is an Inside Xbox that day which includes 

Ralph Fulton from Playground Games will be on-hand to reveal more about Seasons in Forza Horizon 4, but better yet, Inside Xbox will transition to a special hour-plus long broadcast from Playground Games in the UK, where the team will reveal never-before-seen gameplay for the Summer Season in FH4.

• Upvote 2

As much as I'm looking forward to this, I'll be playing the gamepass version. I've always bought the most expensive edition of the Forza games in the past, but Polyphony have shown with GT Sport, that you can keep adding cars (and tracks!) for free, and don't need to rape customers wallets in the process.

I will probably be gamepassing the main game, buy the VIP pack day one and then the 2 expansions as they come

Especially for the x2 race credits

VIPs receive 3 Exclusive Forza Edition cars, VIP Crown Flair, VIP Vanity Items, VIP Emote and Car Horn, Free Player House, 2x Credit race rewards, weekly bonus Super Wheelspins, and more. VIP Membership can be purchased separately, or included with Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition and Ultimate Add-Ons Bundle.

FH3 VIP was 20 pounds or something like that.

Some people have way too much time on their hands. Forza Horizon 4 trailer recreated in GTA V (P.C) it's pretty damned cool though :)

• Upvote 3

*sigh* I was really trying to be good this time and just get the vanilla game pass version. The collector inside of me was in so much pain though. I've always gone for the top whack editions for every Forza (going back to when it was only an extra tenner for the steel box and VIP edition of Forza 4 from GAME).

I managed to hold out for a few weeks. I woke up to read an email confirming my purchase of the £80 super ultra mega diamond hyper turbo edition.

I do miss the steel boxes though.

• Empathy 1

6 hours ago, LowCostMonkey said:

I do miss the steel boxes though.

Me too... and game manuals too... IIRC FM2 Special Edition came with an nice chunky manual... 3 not so good though with a key fob and USB stick (although managed to get that for the same price as the Standard Edition due to an admin mistake at Blockbuster online at the time).

In the end though I guess it was all useless tat LMAO... just felt like you were getting something more for your money. Happy enough with the standard editions these days especially for the main Forza series as more interested in getting more tracks than cars... and you never seem to get additional tracks with the SE versions. In fact FM3 is still one of my favourites in the series due to the number of tracks in that in particular the point to point ones....

Watched the 45 minutes of summer gameplay from IGN and it looks astonishing and detailed but absolutely filled with pointless shite. The end of race looks absolutely horrible, your generic avatar doing a stupid Fortnite dance at the end of the race. 

Hopefully the racing will at least compensate and the rallying could be absolutely amazing. I'll probably Game pass it tbh. 

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, nakamura said:

The end of race looks absolutely horrible, your generic avatar doing a stupid Fortnite dance at the end of the race. 

Not going to lie, if I get to customise and ideally cloathe my avatar as in TDU, I would love this unconditionally.

If it really is generic avatar then die in several fires.

15 hours ago, nakamura said:

I'll probably Game pass it tbh. 

I see people mention this in passing, as if Game Pass is supposed to be some kind of lower tier gaming or something.

Theyre making bank whether you buy the game, or pay for game pass.

Next to game pass, I will still be throwing ~50 notes at the game (VIP pack + 2 expansions)

I just cant make up my mind if I want the ultimate edt with all the car packs or not. I didnt regret it one bit with F7, but I tend to OCD on one, or a few cars, that arent in car packs. My favorite cars in FH3 were bought off the AH, or from the regular shop.

4 minutes ago, ronin said:

I see people mention this in passing, as if Game Pass is supposed to be some kind of lower tier gaming or something.

Theyre making bank whether you buy the game, or pay for game pass.

Next to game pass, I will still be throwing ~50 notes at the game (VIP pack + 2 expansions)

I just cant make up my mind if I want the ultimate edt with all the car packs or not. I didnt regret it one bit with F7, but I tend to OCD on one, or a few cars, that arent in car packs. My favorite cars in FH3 were bought off the AH, or from the regular shop.

I mean I'll just pay a one month fee, enjoy it for what it is and move on. I just never clicked with 3 like I did the first two, the first in particular. 

30 minutes ago, nakamura said:

I mean I'll just pay a one month fee, enjoy it for what it is and move on. I just never clicked with 3 like I did the first two, the first in particular. 

I reckon they’re banking on people doing this, then clicking with it and either continuing with Game Pass or buying the game.

It must work as well, because surely Game Pass wouldn’t be financially viable for them unless it hooked people in.

1 minute ago, JPL said:

I reckon they’re banking on people doing this, then clicking with it and either continuing with Game Pass or buying the game.

It must work as well, because surely Game Pass wouldn’t be financially viable for them unless it hooked people in.

Absolutely and it might well hook me too. Game Pass is amazing value if you're invested in modern gaming. It gives me a nice way to play the game without dropping £50. 

1 minute ago, nakamura said:

Absolutely and it might well hook me too. Game Pass is amazing value if you're invested in modern gaming. It gives me a nice way to play the game without dropping £50. 

Definitely. I’ve got a month’s free which I need to use, so I might do the same. I’m in two minds though because I’m pretty confident I’ll want more than a month out of it, so it’ll feel like I’m wasting my Game Pass.

Game Pass is a funny one for me. It’s brilliant value, but I just don’t play enough games to justify it.

35 minutes ago, JPL said:

Game Pass is a funny one for me. It’s brilliant value, but I just don’t play enough games to justify it.

Thats a shame cause for the price you cant argue with the value it gives. I havent brought a game since having it. I just see it like my netflix sub now, when i feel bored or want to chill, browse the catalogue and away i go. Rocket league has just come on and is perfect for 10mins or half hour if your struggling for time. Constantly in and out of sea of thieves to. Also completed rime and coming to the end of Resident evil remaster on game pass. No way would of played these 2 otherwise if it wasnt for game pass and had a great time on both. There is always something on game pass to fill in the time no matter how much you have. 

Oh and having Forza horizon 4 at launch on game pass is great news. Would have brought it anyway, but with having gamepass no need to

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JPL said:

Same here. I got a free trial which doesn't run out for another three weeks or so, and I've never used it. I've flicked through the list of games a few times and that's it. It just isn't worth the price of entry for me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, I don't have the time to go delving into the back catalogue like that and I'd feel beholden to it with new releases, especially if I've bought DLC for a game I'm renting.

If I had a students worth of free time again though...

17 hours ago, JPL said:

Definitely. I’ve got a month’s free which I need to use, so I might do the same. I’m in two minds though because I’m pretty confident I’ll want more than a month out of it, so it’ll feel like I’m wasting my Game Pass.

How long do games stay on game pass? Guessing this will be a play-anywhere titles so it will work in the PC too! :) Think the gamepass route will be the way I go for this... There isn't that many titles on the play anywhere thing yet but they are steadily increasing.. oh and Crackdown 3 should be on there at some point too.

Looking about you can get a month gamepass for £1.99... wonder if these are stackable...