djbhammer

Forza Horizon 4 - Open-UK Racing

I hope there are lots of nods to UK car stuff. Like thinking you're giving it ten tenths only for an old Astra MAX van to be riding your arse, flashing its lights.

• Upvote 3

https://www.fullthrottlemedia.co.uk/article/forza-horizon-4-seasons

Plus, for the first time in the Forza franchise, players can purchase their own property that unlocks “new items and gameplay perks.” You’ll be able to park your car outside houses and examine it in the Forzavista mode. These properties range from a little cottage in the Cotswolds to the extravagant Edinburgh Castle. There’s also Horizon-style jobs you can complete in Horizon Stories, including one for being a stunt driver on an automotive magazine show.

These jobs are offered to you by colourful characters and come with a host of bespoke driving opportunities. Businesses can also be acquired in Forza Horizon 4, including a taxi firm that rewards players for using a classic Austin FX4 London Taxi to get people to where they need to be. Because Forza Horizon 4 encompasses all four seasons, the Horizon Festival is no longer just a Summer gig, but rather a 365-day ‘Horizon Life’ experience.

Crazy Taxi mode?

Was just watching this:

And around the 4 minute mark Ralph says we've got the Scottish highlands, the Welsh valleys and the Yorkshire moores so this is a mix of all three countries and not just two as previously thought.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Revival said:

Was just watching this:

<snip?

And around the 4 minute mark Ralph says we've got the Scottish highlands, the Welsh valleys and the Yorkshire moores so this is a mix of all three countries and not just two as previously thought.

an american werewolf in London filmed in wales to double as the yorkshire moors, so...

3 minutes ago, Revival said:

Was just watching this:

Ooh..That means Ireland DLC!

Ireland was where the Deloreon was made!

I'm not entirely sure that matters Sean. Plus IOM a bit small and has been done recently in TT - IOM.

Ireland would be the perfect size, and has better roads/scenery.

43 minutes ago, Dimahoo said:

I'm not entirely sure that matters Sean. Plus IOM a bit small and has been done recently in TT - IOM.

booze runs to calais!

I have a decent Thrusmaster wheel, which I had to get after the debacle where Microsoft stopped supporting old wheels meaning my Fanatec was useless overnight.

Whilst the hardware was brilliant I did find that with every Forza and Horizon that came out the wheel feel seemed to get worse, not sure if they stopped properly putting effort into wheel support as the user base is so small.

A well implemented wheel setup, like in Horizon 2 or earlier Forza's is amazing, but I've found the most recent titles lacking somewhat in wheel implementation feel, and you'll find pages of threads in the Forza forums about it.

• Upvote 1

I found some of the feedback mixed. Anyone coming from a frame of reference (long experience of wheels) finding them disappointing whereas new comers love it.

11 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Well they simply wouldn't be on time, when it comes round to trying to race one. ;)

1 hour ago, Revival said:

That's a train track in the trailer though so I'm hoping for trains.

They mentioned the Cotswolds too, so from that I'm sure my house will definitely be in there.

Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 09.56.07.png

12 hours ago, Wallace said:

Looking forward to some east coast teuchter accents "Yuv just opened a new festival site ye ken like"."its a bit like finding the barn efter the horse hus bolted eh" 

No doubt with subtitles for the American audience.

8 minutes ago, Fletch said:

That's a train track in the trailer though so I'm hoping for trains.

They mentioned the Cotswolds too, so from that I'm sure my house will definitely be in there.

Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 09.56.07.png

As pointed out in the interview above, they aren't ordinance survey, so expect cherry picked areas stuck together with decent scenery.

That screen shot is the Glenfinnan Viaduct (used in Harry Potter films) which looks like this:

image.thumb.png.ea7214d7f541600bf526aa4966a82ac6.png

So the landmarks are at least in accurate looking locations.  The viaduct doesn't really have a lot of road around it, so I'd expect some added road, obviously we have off road tracks in the screen shot.

Personally, I'd hope it's towards the north west of the map, and near (if they are in there, as famous landmarks / decent driving locations) Eilean Donan Castle, Skyfall looking Glencoe (e.g. twisty looking roads through a Scottish mountain looking valley), maybe the Isle of Skye (twisty roads, lots of hills, surrounded by water), Bealach Na Ba (aka driving over a mountain with hairpins), infrequent small villages, remote feeling..

Making it feel and look right over being geographically accurate will be ace.

Edinburgh will be interesting though.  The previous locations in FH haven't felt all that real to me (I missed 2, well, I played the F+F stand alone DLC and it was promising - so perhaps it was better).  Lots of cities made of square blocks.  I appreciate that's probably the right thing in say, Aus, but Edinburgh not so much.  Can't help but think it'll have to be really special for me to not constantly compare to a rose tinted PGR2!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dimahoo said:

The thought of Sean playing Horizons 1-3 by obeying the road traffic laws and speed limits of the France, the U.S. & Australia is really making me giggle. 

He then puts on Street Fighter, his tearful child asking "Daddy, why aren't you fighting back?".... "Because that's assault, son! don't you worry I've called the police and they will be here soon".

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Mars said:

The thought of Sean playing Horizons 1-3 by obeying the road traffic laws and speed limits of the France, the U.S. & Australia is really making me giggle. 

I happen to do that. It's something that started with the car delivery missions in TDU.

Introducing the season changing system with the UK setting seems a pity since we only have two seasons, and of those summer lasts only a month. 

I'd hope to have a couple of Scottish islands - Arran is a fun place to drive. 

2 hours ago, SeanR said:

I'd prefer a wheel that i can use with all my hardware

Hang on....Forza works on PC with crossplay don't forget. So thats nearly all wheels.

The whole thing just screams quality - no surprise with Gavin Raeburn at the helm and the deal with MS is fantastic for PG studio, this was one of the best games shown at E3 for me. 

I'm hoping for the evo triangle, Hartside pass, most of the Northumberland/Scottish boarder and I guess Zig Zag hill. 

Hill climb events would be a lot of fun and they could do some very very cool x-pormo content with Goodwood. 

As for motorbikes? Just daydream for a second how amazing a FH version of the TT would be....

On 13/06/2018 at 11:37, Naieve said:

I wonder if they'll include the fucking trams

They will, but they'll be introduced several years late and they won't deliver all that they promised. :hat:

3 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

Because it requires a monthly subscription?

Sorry, I just looked again. I thought it was £50 for the year (rather than 6 months which is actually the case). Presumably the FH4 add-ons etc don’t get included as part of the XBox season pass?

23 minutes ago, g wings said:

Sorry, I just looked again. I thought it was £50 for the year (rather than 6 months which is actually the case). Presumably the FH4 add-ons etc don’t get included as part of the XBox season pass?

No, it will be the vanilla version on launch.