Halo Infinite - Q? 2021

2 hours ago, matt0 said:

I'm sure I've seen 360hz monitors talked about somewhere.

Decent motion blur at a solid 120/144 fps feels like a more productive future goal than pushing frame rates higher again.

I honestly think that the 144fps mark is where diminishing returns begin to set in for most people. There will of course be people who can resolve stuff much higher, and others who stop seeing it much lower. Personally, I struggle to really see more frames past 100.

But the problem is that 144hz monitors are pretty ubiquitous and affordable these days, and I have a suspicion that it's harder to get people to upgrade their monitor than it is any other part of their computer - so you need to keep pushing the numbers up to make the case for a sale. 360hz is ludicrous though. That's getting into jet fighter pilot levels.

“You see that mountain over there? That’s where the last game’s cliffhanger is. No you can’t go there.”

I figure there will be hints and lore and if enough people sign up to beat Kranky Kong there will be expansions that asymptotically approach the loose ends in the previous games.

Game starts like this, it's the E3 trailer where that bloke finds Master Chief and that Halo then:

Beardy Man: So how did you get out of the giant golf ball in the end?

Master Chief: Well it's a funny story...

/fades to black - Halo Infinite logo - picture fades back in

Beardy Man: Oh wow, what a great tale that all made complete sense throughout.

• Upvote 6
7 hours ago, Alex W. said:

“You see that mountain over there? That’s where the last game’s cliffhanger is. No you can’t go there.”

I figure there will be hints and lore and if enough people sign up to beat Kranky Kong there will be expansions that asymptotically approach the loose ends in the previous games.

Master Chief, where are you?!

Sir, I'm finishing the Hike

• Upvote 3

Cat —- pigeons 

what are the series x launch titles? The smart money was halo series x and miles morales ps5. Both hadn’t committed to anything else at launch.

what on earth are the series x launch titles now?

A console launch without a 1st party title? That would be a first wouldn’t it?

Really good news. It obviously needed the extra time, so it’s good they’ve got it.

Cyberpunk will have to keep me going until it’s ready.

• Upvote 1

From a game/franchise/brand perspective they absolutely had to delay. Halo needs to be a minimum 8/10 game or it would kill off MS’s biggest franchise. And so it should be. If it’s not ready then keep it in the oven and let it cook. We can wait.

But fuck me that’s bad for a console launch. They really need a showpiece game that, even if the gameplay isn’t all that, shows the power of the box off to the public.

That said, it was becoming clear Infinite wasn’t going to do that anyway so why damage the Halo name? 

What else could they use now as a shiney launch showpiece?

• Upvote 1