IGNORED

Halo Infinite - OUT NOW - no campaign spoilers pls

Wallace

I seen a post mentioning shields. Do we have equipment attachments as I also saw a guy healing himself.

I can't seem to find anything in settings. When I start a game I have my two guns and 2 grenades. And that's it. 

7 minutes ago, cavalcade said:

Anyone else having problems with weapon select on scroll wheel on the PC? I’ve never played such a weird implementation of it - rather than a swish up or down each individual tick on my G520 swaps and a swish simply goes back to the original weapon, it feels terrible, and weird, but maybe I’m missing something?

I thought that, too. I've just taken some time to configure things, but I can't test until tonight.

14 minutes ago, Ry said:

I seen a post mentioning shields. Do we have equipment attachments as I also saw a guy healing himself.

I can't seem to find anything in settings. When I start a game I have my two guns and 2 grenades. And that's it. 

He was probably using the Overshield pickup? Pickups are bound to RB when you obtain them.

One of the things I have always loved about Halo multiplayer is the scope for a bit of emergent gameplay within each match. Had a guy last night flip a Warthog with a grenade to use it as cover, and a whole group silently all agreeing at the same time to grappling hook over to a sniper to gank them.

And teabagging is back. So nostalgic.

11 minutes ago, Ry said:

Are they pickups on the map?

Same with grapple?

All the special abilities and items are pickups. There’s a dash thingy and a one-way barrier thingy and probably some other thingys I haven’t seen yet 

You start every round with a the rifle and pistol as does everyone. It’s very refreshing to just be on an even field from the start of a round. 

20 minutes ago, Popo said:

How do you use the grapple?! I thought it was RB, but then it stopped working. 

It’s RB once you’ve picked it up but has limited uses.

19 minutes ago, Ry said:

Are they pickups on the map?

Same with grapple?

Yep. If you tap down on the d-pad it will send out a pulse that’ll show you where weapon stations and pickups are located.

This is incredible so far.

Did anyone else do the training  mission where you see  (location spoiler ahead) 

Spoiler

London and Big Ben

?

That seemed to be the main setup for the story and gives us a glimpse of how intense and epic the campaign is going to be. It just looks amazing given everything else we've seen so far.

Played until the early hours and didn't even see a single dropout or network problem. No issues getting a game and had an absolute blast in all of the game modes. Shite at it of course but that's to be expected.

I'd say this is well on course to be the best Halo since CE as a complete package.

It does just feel very good doesn't it. It's why all that lolling at graphics videos and stuff is so annoying when it's obvious they were trying to get the important parts right. Then again maybe that extra time in development paid off. Who knows.

3 minutes ago, Benny said:

It does just feel very good doesn't it. It's why all that lolling at graphics videos and stuff is so annoying when it's obvious they were trying to get the important parts right. Then again maybe that extra time in development paid off. Who knows.

Yeah definitely. The initial reveal was exasperating with all the Craig bullshit, I felt really bad for 343 to be met with such a wave of petulant, needy disdain when they had clearly been working themselves to death.

22 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

I bagged a rare/diamond achievement for clobbering three players with the oddball in exactly that spot!

You can send a teammate to the ball spawn point, then leap to your doom for the hand-off. Classic Oddball!

1 hour ago, KartoffelKopf said:

All the special abilities and items are pickups. There’s a dash thingy and a one-way barrier thingy and probably some other thingys I haven’t seen yet 

You start every round with a the rifle and pistol as does everyone. It’s very refreshing to just be on an even field from the start of a round. 

Ah thanks, I actually much prefer that.

I always thought the actual gameplay in that first reveal looked fun, and it doesn’t appear to have changed drastically in the interim. I hated Halo 5 but the movement and controls weren’t my problem with it, I think 343 have done really well with the ‘feel’ in all their games, which is interesting as they’re also far more individual than any of the Bungie ones ever were. 

2 hours ago, geldra said:

So tempted to get some Halo back in my life but I only have a base XB1 (it IS white though so points for me there right?).

Is Hinfinite going to be dump for me on there? 

The multiplayer's free, so checking it out isn't going to cost you anything. Also, campaign's on Game Pass if you're subscribed, which is immense value especially if you do the converting Xbox Live Gold trick described in the Game Pass thread.

7 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

The multiplayer's free, so checking it out isn't going to cost you anything. Also, campaign's on Game Pass if you're subscribed, which is immense value especially if you do the converting Xbox Live Gold trick described in the Game Pass thread.

thank you. Updating the machine as I type. 

I don’t have any subscriptions as I’ve not used the Xbox for years. 

I'm definitely enjoying what little time I put into it so far, but man alive - it's a bit of overload. I can't remember the tutorial telling you how to mark (up on dpad), and half the time I've got no idea what's up with my enemies. Some dude was sparking white - was he damaged? Was that an overshield? Dunno! 

Got to kill someone with the Bullpup? What's that? Dunno! I think it's a shotgun, but not sure. Kill 5 spartans with the Commando? What's that? You guessed it - dunno! Where can I get one? Buggered if I know!

Eh, I guess I just need some more time to figure it out. Totally willing to do so, but it's not self apparent.

1 hour ago, geldra said:

thank you. Updating the machine as I type. 

I don’t have any subscriptions as I’ve not used the Xbox for years. 

That's fair, I only just got back into it when I got a Series X. Last gen was a bit of a miss for Xbox and me, but they're back on form and making a lot of the right moves.

This is delicious! Had a few rounds and even managed to go positive in a slayer game, we started off badly and clawed i way back only to end up with a narrow -2 defeat - the pistol is still beautiful.

One complaint, and i didnt suffer this in the flights, Im always a right stick clicker when the going gets tough so usually change it to duck but hadn’t needed to in the flights but every 2 secs I’m hitting the damn stick and waving my arms about mid fight ffs :( 

5 minutes ago, Minion said:

Is it worth playing on PC if I'm using a pad? Loved Halo MP back in the day but I don't do m&k and I don't have an XB.

I'd think so. It's cross platform, so you'd likely be playing against a bunch of pad users anyway.

Also, free. Check it out and see if you're getting relentlessly gubbed after a day or two.

4 minutes ago, freezycold said:

I just keep dying. I encounter someone, I’ll shoot at them. They turn around and kill me in a second. Even with the same weapons. What am I doing wrong?

Apparently grenades are good starters for softening enemies up (I often do the reverse, trying to take them out after I need cover or they go run), melee them if their shields crack when you're in close.

Don't worry about headshots unless you're using precision weapons. 

Also, some people are just better than you right now. Stay calm, center on them and unload. Try to fight as a group, because getting shot by two people isn't going to work out well.

Oh and grab power weapons. They give you a real advantage, especially stuff like the rocket launcher or gravity hammer.

3 minutes ago, freezycold said:

I just keep dying. I encounter someone, I’ll shoot at them. They turn around and kill me in a second. Even with the same weapons. What am I doing wrong?

How’s your aim? Are the shots connecting?

Or how’s your internet/ping?

You could grab a couple of videos and post them up to see if it’s anything obvious

11 minutes ago, freezycold said:

Keep moving but don't run around pointlessly. Don't run around corners especially.

Aim anywhere on the body with your assault rifle to pop their shield. When their shield is down, use your pistol for headshots.

No need to burst fire the assault rifle, just keep your trigger down and aim. As soon as their shield is done you're already getting your pistol out. Very precise timing.

Alien weapons do more damage to shields, human weapons do more damage to flesh.

Wouldn't even bother with grenades until you can get the Halo dance down in one-on-one firefights. Just remember shield pop then headshots. Melee if you're feeling bold.

I wouldn't get distracted by power weapons either. Get the basics down. Spend the entire night practising the shield pop/headshot combo. You'll get there.