IGNORED

Halo Infinite - OUT NOW - no campaign spoilers pls

Wallace

I’m happy if most of the game is in the environment shown as we know there will be inside areas, probably dungeons of sorts.  There’s surely a snowy area.

On 28/10/2021 at 13:44, simms said:

I'm excited by the interactions with marines and having FOB's dotted around like being part of a real battle with the Banished.  One of the things I love about Halo is the meta game of trying to save as many Marines as possible for a s long as possible so you have a small troop.  Hopefully this element can be more fleshed out but not too granular as to change the Halo formula.

This pleases me, maybe the Halo gods have listened

Spoiler

Looking through the various previews it seems the type of marine you can have fighting with you can be upgraded much like the various abilities.  Not sure what the upgrade will take a form of whether that just mean a marine with a rocket launcher, maybe an ODST marine or a longer lasting marine.

They have indeed said the whole game is set to the Pacific Northwest environment, which happens to be around where 434 are based. It doesn't exactly mean the while game will look like what is shown...though I wouldn't be expecting massive changes like in past games. 

It sounds like they've designed the whole game around the second level on the original Halo, but at a much bigger scale. Not open world but "wide open" levels. 

We'll know soon enough I guess. 

7 hours ago, Lovelyman said:

Yeah. Half of what made Halo so cool was the great environments. 

They were all on the one ring world though, apart from the spaceship settings. Halo CE had snowy, desert, forerunner, tropical island and swamp settings.

The first game had plenty of variety. With a 'bigger' ring, perhaps we'll get more, but I don't think the fact that it's all on Zeta Halo (if it is) necessarily means we won't get variety.

Who is the voice actor for Butlr? He sounds like someone from Call of Duty MW.

You can also play the training mission from the academy menu. There's a video at the start of that which shows something that confused me not being well up on Halo lore

Spoiler

Is has the palace of Westminster in it?

Just now, KartoffelKopf said:

We’ll, it’s slick and fast and guns feels great. Only took one match to realise why I can’t play any more. 

I’m. Fucking. Awful. 

Looking forward to the campaign. 

it’s also the start, so all the good players are still shooting us. I know my rank. It’s somewhere below bronze.

12 minutes ago, footle said:

it’s also the start, so all the good players are still shooting us. I know my rank. It’s somewhere below bronze.

I’m just terrible. Been playing Destiny for about 6 years and I come bottom every single time. I’ve never improved and I’m getting worse. My brain just doesn’t work as fast as everyone else’s in online shooters anymore.  

The last Halo MP I played to any length was Halo 3 but I was a sprightly 34 back then. Gonna be 50 next year, my dog could do a better job than me. 

Genuinely looking forward to the campaign though. The few weapons I tried feel really good and the grapple hook thingy was fun. 

16 minutes ago, spanx said:

My most recent attempt at competitive online multiplayer was Destiny 2 too. It was frankly embarrassing, I just felt sorry for anyone who had me on their team. 

If it's any consolation, I'm coming back to Halo from Destiny 2, as a middling Crucible player, and finding it a bit easier. The time to kill is not as rapid as D2 (where you can die in just over a second against an accurate opponent) so I'm finding I win more gunfights in Infinite so far.