IGNORED

Halo Infinite - OUT NOW - no campaign spoilers pls

Wallace

1 hour ago, Fallows said:

Why are we comparing an obscure bug which was fixed near instantly from a GOTY contender which was launched three months after it was announced, to a missing mainline feature which the series had previously defined in a game which has taken five years and unlimited funds to produce?

Its a shame they can’t be proud of releasing a complete package while calling it a job well done. I’d be well up for paying €70 for a complete new Halo. As it stands I feel that my Game Pass sub, which for some reason I haven’t been charged for in nearly two years, covers it just fine. It’s like things aren’t being taken seriously, like one big fucking doss.

That said I’m really looking forward to the MP. That’s all I’ve ever cared about with Halo anyway.

Literally, if all you’ve ever cared about regarding Halo is the Multiplayer then what’s the actual problem? You get that at the start of December and you don’t even need Gamepass! It’s free and standalone! 

They could have delayed the game by 6 months so you could pay €70 for the whole package that you only actually care about the MP if you’d like! 

More analysis from the reviewer above who played it, discussing with another IGN journo, really does look like peak Halo to me:

https://www.ign.com/videos/halo-infinite-campaign-discussion-weve-played-it

Love that crafty sniping from way above the outpost and the point he makes about being able to rush the base, take them out from a distance or approach it however you like.

Getting more of a MGSV feel from the structure now. It's defo not Assassin's Creed sprawling, the first reviewer makes the point that it feels "designed and curated". Excellent.

30 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

More analysis from the reviewer above who played it, discussing with another IGN journo, really does look like peak Halo to me:

https://www.ign.com/videos/halo-infinite-campaign-discussion-weve-played-it

Love that crafty sniping from way above the outpost and the point he makes about being able to rush the base, take them out from a distance or approach it however you like.

Getting more of a MGSV feel from the structure now. It's defo not Assassin's Creed sprawling, the first reviewer makes the point that it feels "designed and curated". Excellent.

As much as I am positive about this game,

IGN are basically the Tory Party of games journalism. 

4 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

What does that mean? You can watch the video and it reflects what they are saying. I thought it was a good preview.

I think he’s referencing that Ryan McCathry is IGN’s head of Xbox coverage and also hosts their Xbox podcast. He’s also one of the idiots in the infamous “The naked eye can not perceive a difference between 1080 and 720 before 50 inches” statement they made a few years ago when trying to defend lower res Xbox games (when compared to The PlayStation versions). He acts very chummy around the Xbox executives and developers, publicly (and with 100% sincerity) begs them to let him host the Microsoft E3 conference and goes out of his way to avoid making negative comments anything Microsoft. 

The Halo Campaign could well turn out to be amazing, I just wouldn’t put much stock in what he says about it. Miranda Sanchez seems ok though from when I’ve heard her on podcasts. 

57 minutes ago, Radish said:

I think he’s referencing that Ryan McCathry is IGN’s head of Xbox coverage and also hosts their Xbox podcast. He’s also one of the idiots in the infamous “The naked eye can not perceive a difference between 1080 and 720 before 50 inches” statement they made a few years ago when trying to defend lower res Xbox games (when compared to The PlayStation versions). He acts very chummy around the Xbox executives and developers, publicly (and with 100% sincerity) begs them to let him host the Microsoft E3 conference and goes out of his way to avoid making negative comments anything Microsoft. 

The Halo Campaign could well turn out to be amazing, I just wouldn’t put much stock in what he says about it. Miranda Sanchez seems ok though from when I’ve heard her on podcasts. 

Yeah his tweet to Elon Musk about doing volunteer work for Tesla was the grossest corporate bootlicking I’ve seen in a long time.

10 hours ago, Radish said:

Overthinking. It's just a quick preview of the first bit of the new Halo. That's all. Miranda seemed thorough and enthusiastic but not afraid to detail the shortcomings with 343's previous Halos. No reason to doubt her. Never heard of Ryan McCathry before but what he discussed was legit and backed up by video. They both seemed alright to me.

Fucking internet.

I mentioned the same thing the other day and someone said that 343 have said that the whole game is set in the environment we’ve seen. I’m not sure how much truth is in that, but it’s massively disappointing if it is true.

2 hours ago, JPL said:

I mentioned the same thing the other day and someone said that 343 have said that the whole game is set in the environment we’ve seen. I’m not sure how much truth is in that, but it’s massively disappointing if it is true.

If it does turn out to be the case, I’ll be very disappointed as well. Especially when you look at the incredible work that Bungie puts into the sheer scope and variety of the environments in Destiny. Halo could do with some of that.

I realise a lot of people will want that old Halo feel, but if that’s all that’s on offer then they’ll have dropped the ball in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Mystacon said:

If it does turn out to be the case, I’ll be very disappointed as well. Especially when you look at the incredible work that Bungie puts into the sheer scope and variety of the environments in Destiny. Halo could do with some of that.

I realise a lot of people will want that old Halo feel, but if that’s all that’s on offer then they’ll have dropped the ball in my opinion.

Yeah. Half of what made Halo so cool was the great environments.