IGNORED

Halo Infinite - OUT NOW - no campaign spoilers pls

Wallace

11 minutes ago, Strafe said:

I thought the original reveal trailer for halo infinite looked good enough to begin with. It looks pretty mind blowing now in the new trailer.

I watched that again yesterday and I’m still hoping they can capture the scale of it. The latest trailer is obviously more action focused, but I hope they’ve kept the vast open expanses that the Warthog is driving through and it’s not as dense and claustrophobic as the new trailer makes it look.

I’d like to have a good look at the map to see how big it is, but we’ve only had a couple of tiny glimpses of it.

22 hours ago, Strafe said:

I thought the original reveal trailer for halo infinite looked good enough to begin with. It looks pretty mind blowing now in the new trailer.

It does.

The multiplayer beta was reallllllllly good. Absolutely superb.

That coupled with the new campaign vids has got me all kinds of excited. We could be in for a real treat.

52 minutes ago, Girth Certificate said:

Looks like there's going to be a 'pay £85/£40 to play a week early' version similar to FH5

'Day One On Gamepass' :lol: 

Dunno the details but with GoW5 Game Pass Ultimate subscribers could play a week early along buyers of the Ultimate Edition, the silly people who'd rather outright pay for their games like it's still 1999. Anymore details?

Edit: ah, it hasn't been officially announced yet. I'm willing to bet will be called Halo Infinite Ultimate Edition and that people can either buy the stupid expensive version to play early or subscribe to GPU for a month. I'm betting Pete's other other bollock on it.

Just now, Girth Certificate said:

nah there was just an 'early access digital bungle' item showed up on the store. No price or dates 

edit: bundle, lol

If it's not also for GPU subs then "bungle" seems like an apt description. It would be an excellent way to gain new subs, so I'm hopeful - and there's no fucking way I'm going to pay extra if thst ends up being required

it's a nice video but in a series where marines die in a largely comedy fashion and the story has been irrevocably botched, trying to make us care at game #6 is a bit silly.

Kudos to him for learning to sign before his neck had even healed, although I guess space marines might learn it as standard so they can chat in a vacuum if their radios go out.

I watched the recent trailer again earlier and one thing struck me was that they haven't showed off any other environments than the hilly areas we've been seeing since the first gameplay reveal. If you go back to the 2018 reveal, they show off deserts, forests, seas, snow covered peaks and open fields, albeit very briefly. I hope we get a good mix of biomes as we go through the campaign and they're just holding back on showing us to not spoil the surprise.

58 minutes ago, JPL said:

I watched the recent trailer again earlier and one thing struck me was that they haven't showed off any other environments than the hilly areas we've been seeing since the first gameplay reveal. If you go back to the 2018 reveal, they show off deserts, forests, seas, snow covered peaks and open fields, albeit very briefly. I hope we get a good mix of biomes as we go through the campaign and they're just holding back on showing us to not spoil the surprise.

“Chapter 2 coming 2022”

5 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

“Chapter 2 coming 2022”

I hope not. I know there'll be future DLC, but they've already said it's the biggest Halo to date, so I hope we get to see plenty of diversity from the off.

2 hours ago, womble9 said:

I hope they do a whole load of these (to be fair it does say to stay tuned for further transmissions so it's looking good!). Really nicely done (IMO) they really help build my anticipation of the game :).

that’s fucking amazing.

3 hours ago, JPL said:

Season pack 1... 

1 hour ago, Grobbelboy said:

DF are not impressed, both with the technical side of things as well as the gameplay shown so far. 

Ah well, guess they’ll just have to join the queue and wait to play it with the rest of us, because there’s nothing wrong with the gameplay shown. 

2 hours ago, Ry said:

This biome patter can fuck off. 

Why? It’s a valid concern, isn’t it?

Halo has always been about letting you fight across loads of different locations as it really shows how dynamic the combat can be. I’m not worried yet, as we haven’t really seen much of the campaign and what we have seen looks brilliant fun, but it’d be a shame if we don’t at least get to see all the environments they showed off in the original 2018 reveal trailer.

I’m hoping they make it like BoTW, with different zones across the map, that we get pushed towards on different missions.

8 hours ago, JPL said:

Why? It’s a valid concern, isn’t it?

Halo has always been about letting you fight across loads of different locations as it really shows how dynamic the combat can be. I’m not worried yet, as we haven’t really seen much of the campaign and what we have seen looks brilliant fun, but it’d be a shame if we don’t at least get to see all the environments they showed off in the original 2018 reveal trailer.

I’m hoping they make it like BoTW, with different zones across the map, that we get pushed towards on different missions.

I mean the using the word biome. 

Only appeared in the last year. In my day we called them areas!

They've already said there's only one environment in the game. I'm pretty sceptical about them iterating on it quickly with new singleplayer content like they've suggested considering how long it's been in development and how hot it's still coming in.

24 minutes ago, Ry said:

I mean the using the word biome. 

Why do 40 year olds love doing this so much?

12 hours ago, Grobbelboy said:

DF are not impressed, both with the technical side of things as well as the gameplay shown so far. 

DF are being utterly annoying dickheads in this video. 

"What are we not seeing these varied Biomes?"

...BECAUSE IT'S NOT FUCKING OUT YET! Can't we at least have some parts of games that are still a surprise and not previewed to death?

38 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

They've already said there's only one environment in the game. I'm pretty sceptical about them iterating on it quickly with new singleplayer content like they've suggested considering how long it's been in development and how hot it's still coming in.

Why do 40 year olds love doing this so much?

Yes - I mean there's obvious precedence of how it doesn't work if you look at other MS studios like Rare who did exactly this with Sea of Thieves with huge success; Not like they're putting solid effort into building foundations on which they can iterate but please enlighten us with your understanding of software foundations on this level.