IGNORED

Halo Infinite - OUT NOW - no campaign spoilers pls

Wallace

Who’s Spartan Poochie?

As for the campaign trailer, I think it looks absolutely brilliant and I can’t wait to get my hands on it. The grappleshot looks like it adds another layer to the combat, which looks really fun.

Update from devs at Halo waypoint.  I love that they’ve run with Craig

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/inside-infinite-october-2021

And speaking of Brutes, we have to ask – how’s Craig doing? Up until this week's Campaign Overview video, it’s been a long time since we’ve seen or heard from him. We see he’s received quite the glow-up since last July. What are some of the key areas the team has been working on since last year’s demo?

SD: Haha, the team has sort of a love-hate relationship with Craig. While it was fun to see the community gravitate towards Craig, he unfortunately represented some content and systems that were not ready for prime time in that demo. The positive outcome of Craig was that he was one of the factors in gaining some more time to finish work and get Brutes to a place where the team is happy with them. This is one of the many positive examples of 343 working with and aligning with the Halo community around expectations. Players who look hard enough will still be able to find some evidence of Craig in Halo Infinite, his spirit lives on!

BR: Craig is in good hands, trust me! He has gone through some changes, but I am here to say that he has glammed up. He is feeling very good about himself and has fit back in well with the rest of his Brute friends. He has also picked up a new hobby and has done well for himself. Long live Craig!

I was hell of negative and pessimistic about this game after the initial reveal coupled with the subpar (imo) Halo games 343 has made so far - but I've got a good feeling about this now. I'm calling it, the Infinite campaign will be the best one yet and will feel more like a true sequel to CE than all of the others. W*RT.

I remember someone on here getting really upset about people making fun of Craig and the memes… then MS employees embraced it and started laughing along with the joke, which was the wisest thing they could have done.

Once again proving that people who actually work for these companies care about dumbass corporate loyalty a lot less than fanboys on the internet.

On 26/10/2021 at 10:44, Kevvy Metal said:

Since the first Halo, it really felt like pushing the open world/dynamic elements of the game would be the right thing to do but instead they moved to something a bit more cinematic and linear with Halo 2. 

Yeah, I loved the first game to death. When they announced that in the sequel you'd be exploring the Covenant home-world, I thought it would be much more open, with a sense of exploration and mystery. Instead, we got almost a corridor shooter with the aliens completely demystified. With this new game, they can't restore the mystery, but it definitely sounds promising.

I didn't think it looked all that bad to begin with but nice to see it's had a good polish (enough to seemingly placate the wider internet)

Gameplay wise the footage looks brimming with potential, what I always want in an open world is great flexibility in traversal and the grapple looks like it has enormous potential to facilitate this!

Hopefully will feel like throwing yourself around freely like a just cause game but with the AI and finely tuned combat of a Halo game, could be very special.

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Watching comparison videos shows a huge difference. If the coop isn't it at launch I might wait, it depends on my halo coop buddy. We usually do it through as a pair and it'd be a shame to break tradition.

Which videos have you been watching? 

As we know the open world structure is what Bungie originally planned for CE but had to scale back, so this could be the most authentic Halo ever made if 343 nail it.

Like @abcsaid, the immediate sequels never really delivered on the potential of a more open and free environment - open world is usually a massive red flag for me but with Halo I'm totally on board with it. Just exploring on a Ghost is going to be amazing.

This will be a God-tier Halo.

7 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

..the ones in this thread? I haven't been going searching for them so they must have been in here. Or are you saying the difference isn't huge?

Oh, not at all. I think they’ve polished it up really well, even though I didn’t think it looked all that bad last year. I’ll have a trawl back through the thread to see what I can find then.

6 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

As we know the open world structure is what Bungie originally planned for CE but had to scale back, so this could be the most authentic Halo ever made if 343 nail it.

Like @abcsaid, the immediate sequels never really delivered on the potential of a more open and free environment - open world is usually a massive red flag for me but with Halo I'm totally on board with it. Just exploring on a Ghost is going to be amazing.

Yes! 

11 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Love this. I've got a really good feeling about this one.

42 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

This, totally this. 

Just watching a couple of multiplayer videos and one thing that has occurred to me is how much height you can achieve with the grapple.  How is fall damage managed?  I've not played Halo multiplayer in years so maybe misremembering but is there even fall damage in multiplayer?

Halo 2 didn’t have fall damage, as (IIRC) they realised late on that the sword lunges didn’t work well with the physics engine, and led to loads of unintentional falling/impact deaths due to the sheer velocity your character moved at when using the sword. So they just removed it altogether. 

I can’t remember if subsequent games had fall damage - I thought they did, but can’t actually recall any instances.