IGNORED

Halo Infinite - OUT NOW - no campaign spoilers pls

Wallace

9 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Can I get in on this if I haven't signed up? Ta for any pointers.

Yep. I believe anyone can join this weekend. Have a look on Halo Waypoint, there’ll probably be something about it on there.

I mentioned a few days ago that my son wants to play this weekend but he couldn’t download the Insider app because of his age.

Anyway, I’ve set him up a new account and got the hub, but when he goes to download Infinite from the store, it says it’s not available in the little box that you usually click to download.

Is this normal? Seems a bit weird that they’re not going to let anyone download it until the flight starts.

2 hours ago, JPL said:

I mentioned a few days ago that my son wants to play this weekend but he couldn’t download the Insider app because of his age.

Anyway, I’ve set him up a new account and got the hub, but when he goes to download Infinite from the store, it says it’s not available in the little box that you usually click to download.

Is this normal? Seems a bit weird that they’re not going to let anyone download it until the flight starts.

Can you not just download it with your account? I just tried it on the 'home' console where I had dled it to with my son's account (also technically underage) and it went in fine with his profile.

14 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

Can you not just download it with your account? I just tried it on the 'home' console where I had dled it to with my son's account (also technically underage) and it went in fine with his profile.

Hmm, maybe. I did that the other day, but when I tried to open it, it gave me a message about it needing to be played by the account that downloaded it.

That was before I set him up the adult account though, so maybe it was his age locking him out.

I’ll give it a try now. Thanks!

I thought about call of duty and warzone playing this, specifically when they show the cinematic scenes of players in vehicle’s tearing down the map shooting at each other in fraught chases. I thought about that because it’s never happened anything like that in the warzone games to me.

But in BTB I was on a quad bike being chased down by an enemy warthog through a small canyon whilst an ally warthog suddenly arrived was in front of me shooting at them as we were all speeding along.

I died and it probably lasted about 15 seconds in all but what a rush!

29 minutes ago, Shook said:

Is the Sidekick going to be ‘the’ pistol do we think?

I like it but it’s so different that it feels like the Magnum, with its heavy round, could co-exist with it. 

I love the pistol in this. It reminds of Halo 2's, which was always my favourite.

Was really looking forward to playing this last night then jumped on and realized my download hadn't completed, so only got in about 45 minutes. However, what a wonderful 45 minutes. It feels different, but also just like a Halo game. Everything feels so weighty and substantial in a way that other multiplayer FPS's just don't seem to be able to replicate. Looking forward to more over the weekend!

17 minutes ago, Andy_Why said:

Was really looking forward to playing this last night then jumped on and realized my download hadn't completed, so only got in about 45 minutes. However, what a wonderful 45 minutes. It feels different, but also just like a Halo game. Everything feels so weighty and substantial in a way that other multiplayer FPS's just don't seem to be able to replicate. Looking forward to more over the weekend!

What I thought was genius was breaking a 12 man team into 3 groups. One goes defend, one goes mid-range suppression and the other goes attack. If you can coordinate that you’ve cracked it. (Every cunt does what they want - standard!)

9 minutes ago, Wallace said:

I just need the full game now thanks. 

I mean can you get any more Halo than this?

I’m avoiding most media / playing the insider thingy as I’m happy to wait till launch but by heck does it look (and sound, it’s v solid!) great!!